Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2018, 09:19   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bypassing Pune on Bangalore-Shirdi route

Quote:
Originally Posted by raka1o View Post
Hi - Planning to go to Shirdi from Bangalore. Any suggested route and need help where to halt.
Take the route via Pune only. Better option as of today.

Regarding halts, depending on what you make a start and how long would you drive, Your choices would be between Hubli (5.5-6 h), Belgaum (6.5 -7 h) , Kolhapur (8-9 h), Satara (9.5-10 h).
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2018, 11:47   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Take the route via Pune only. Better option as of today.
Driving to Shirdi next week.

Per Google maps, there is no significant time saved by taking the Pune bye pass.

So can safely assume, the above recommendation remains valid as of date, right ?
Old 30th November 2018, 12:11   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSUDARSANAN View Post
Driving to Shirdi next week.

Per Google maps, there is no significant time saved by taking the Pune bye pass.

So can safely assume, the above recommendation remains valid as of date, right ?
Yes. the shorter route connecting Satara and Shirur is in bad state as per updates received 2 weeks back. Plus, its sugarcane season. These 2 make good reasons why it is sensible to take the Pune route.

These days, unless one is driving at the end of the long/festive weekends towards Pune, the Satara-Pune stretch is quite good with few diversions and you really won't realise when you are done 100 kms.
Old 14th December 2018, 17:17   #64
BHPian

Hi Folks

I'm planning a family trip to Shirdi during the Christmas vacation week. But initially i would be going to Hyderabad from Bangalore and from there on to Shirdi.

Any idea on the Hyderabad - Shirdi roads through Sholapur - Ahmednagar route. How is the current road condition, possible stop options considering i would have my family along.

Regards
Saurav
Old 16th April 2019, 12:22   #65
BHPian

Dear All,

Is there any update on this route? I am planning to travel from Bangalore with a stay at Kolhapur and then to Shirdi. Kindly share how the road condition are and whether this route is doable now? Google Maps suggest this route only.

Thanks for help in advance.

Luv,
Manjunath
Old 16th April 2019, 12:26   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Ranger View Post
Dear All,

Is there any update on this route? I am planning to travel from Bangalore with a stay at Kolhapur and then to Shirdi. Kindly share how the road condition are and whether this route is doable now? Google Maps suggest this route only.

Thanks for help in advance.

Luv,
Manjunath
Avoid the detour via Satara Lonad and instead take Pune option only. The detour is in really bad state and not recommended in its present condition.

On the other hand, Satara - Pune remains good with few diversions and a better option, rather a preferred one.

Just that you need to plan your drive in a way that you don't enter Pune after 0900 and spend time getting out of the city.

Since you will halt for a night at Kolhapur, I would suggest you to start from here next day at 0500, so you are in Pune by 0800 and out by 0900. You may still encounter traffic between Wagholi (Nagar road) till Mulshi through the industrial area but you would have a pleasant drive between Kolhapur to Pune that is usually dense during the day.
Old 16th April 2019, 12:30   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Avoid the detour via Satara Lonad and instead take Pune option only. The detour is in really bad state and not recommended in its present condition.

On the other hand, Satara - Pune remains good with few diversions and a better option, rather a preferred one.

Just that you need to plan your drive in a way that you don't enter Pune after 0900 and spend time getting out of the city.

Since you will halt for a night at Kolhapur, I would suggest you to start from here next day at 0500, so you are in Pune by 0800 and out by 0900. You may still encounter traffic between Wagholi (Nagar road) till Mulshi through the industrial area but you would have a pleasant drive between Kolhapur to Pune that is usually dense during the day.
Much Appreciated Parag. What a fast reply. Thank you so much.

Rgds
Old 25th April 2019, 19:45   #68
BHPian

Hi Parag and Friends, I am at Kolhapur now. Tomorrow I will be going towards Shirdi. Google maps suggest route via Sangamner instead of Ahmednagar route. Which route is the best option with availability of good food options? Thinking to start at 5 am . Please suggest.
Old 25th April 2019, 20:21   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Ranger View Post
Hi Parag and Friends, I am at Kolhapur now. Tomorrow I will be going towards Shirdi. Google maps suggest route via Sangamner instead of Ahmednagar route. Which route is the best option with availability of good food options? Thinking to start at 5 am . Please suggest.
Stick to Pune--Nagar--Shirdi , that's the standard route. Recommended stopover is Hotel Smilestone on Pune--Nagar highway that falls on left heading towards Nagar.

Pune--Sangamner is part of the new Pune--Nasik highway and is superb beyond Rajgurunagar but Sangamner onwards the road is patchy till Shirdi.
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 16:05   #70
BHPian

Thanks Vivek. Sorry wasn't able to check your response. I took Sangamner route and reached Shirdi. Tomorrow I return back to Kolhapur and as advised will take Nagar route.
Indian Ranger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 10:11   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

This was badly needed and if done, will certainly save some good time to get out of Pune in the absence of a proper bypass or a ring road.

I am glad that one of the reasons for regular traffic bottlenecks on this road is clearly mentioned - Too many break in the medians that slows down the traffic.

Public works department plans widening of Ahmednagar Road to curb snarls

Bypassing Pune on Bangalore-Shirdi route-pune-shirur-expansion.jpg

Most Viewed