Team-BHP - Bangalore - Delhi - Srinagar - Delhi - Bangalore : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore - Delhi - Srinagar - Delhi - Bangalore : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/74824-bangalore-delhi-srinagar-delhi-bangalore-route-queries.html)

HI

I'm planning to Bangalore-Delhi-Srinagar-Delhi-Bangalore trip in April 2010 with my Wife and two kids in my trusted Logan - diesel.

May I request all the experts who have done this route earlier or preferably recently to guide me. Specific pointers required for :

1. Route to be adopted - considering maximum scenic beauty on the way, places to see.

2. Road Conditions ?

3. Veg Food availability (List of Restaurants/ Food joints on the way)

4. Availability Good/comfortable places to stay for overnight with list of Hotels and their contact no(s). Not planning to do any night driving.

5. If any detailed datasheets are available then mail me at rakesh [at] mg-india [dot] com

6. As I've indicated my plan to start in first week of April, hence your immediate inputs will help in carving it to final shape.

I want to cover maximum places and specifically Historical and Wildlife.

I'm also planning to visit Tadoba while returning to Bangalore.

Looking forward to best suggestions.please:

Best route is:
Bangalore-Bombay-Ahmedabad-Udaipur-Jaipur-Delhi-Srinagar

Check out the following log book for the route details:

GOLDEN QUADRILATERAL 2008 - hvkumar | Google Groups
Bangalore-Bombay-Delhi

LADAKH Sep 2009 - hvkumar | Google Groups
Bombay-Delhi-Srinagar

You can drive non-stop from Bangalore-Bombay in 15 hours. In case you have a place to stay in at Pune or Bombay, fine, else you have several stay options.

Satara bypass - Hotel Mahendra
Pune bypass - Hotel Sadanand
Thane - Hotel Fountain

The second night could be Udaipur.
RTDC Udaipur is a good choice inside the city
Sneh's Resort is another option in the bypass

From Udaipur, you can drive drirect to Delhi.
In case you do not ahve aplace to stay in Delhi, you could stay at RTDC Behror 100 kms before GUrgaon.
Alternatively, you can cross Delhi and stay at Haryana Tourism highway motels at Sonipat, Samalka, Karnal or Kurukshetra.

On the third day, you can reach Jammu.

From Jammu to Srinagar is a day's drive.

Lots of places en route for a dekko - Udaipur, Jaipur, Vaishnodevi (detour off the Jammu-Udhampur road), Patnitop.

I have indicated hotels/restaurants en route in my log books. Veg food available everywhere.

For the return journey, you can take teh following route:

Srinagar-Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Biaora-Bhopal-Itarsi-Betul-Nagpur-Tadoba

You can do this journey in 3.5 days, first halt being at Jammu/Jalandhar, second at Agra, 3rd at Bhopal/Bhimbetka and finally at Tadoba.

From Tadoba, you can join NH7 at Pandharkawada, and proceed via Adilabad to Hyderabad and thereafter to Bangalore. This can be done in 2 days, the first halt being at Hyderabad.

Needless to say, if you a fast driver, with longer days, you can speed up proceedings. I am assuming a 12-hour driving day with 2 breaks in between, totalling 14 hours on the road. Starting off early (say, 5 am) is the ideal way to go.

Thanks Kumar

Delhi is my Native Place and from Delhi onwards I'm aware of complete route as my maternal uncle stays in Ludhiana.

My plan from Delhi is to go to Vaishnodevi and then to Srinagar (if terrorist disturbances are low or no risk) and then while coming back, to go to Golden Temple as well and then stop over at Ludhiana to meet relatives and then to Delhi.

I'll check your documents and downbload for easy reference.

Dear Kumar

You have mentioned following route for return journey :

Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Biaora-Bhopal-Itarsi-Betul-Nagpur-Tadoba

How is the road condition ?
Is it two lane or four lane highways ?
What are the places we can see enroute ?
How much distance it will have between Delhi and Tadoba ?

I'm also planning to go to Khajuraho and in one of the thread you have given some info on that route, can you elaborate more on that ?

The road between Bhopal and Nagpur was a little patch a few months ago, but I am hoping that they would have repaired it by now. IN any case, it is far better than the Jhansi-Sagar route.

One of our friends had discovered a short cut - to avoid Nagpur - by going from Betul directly to Wardha (off NH7) via Amaravati and reported that road to be good. IN any case, you can do no wrong by going via Nagpur.

I don't know the exact distance from Nagpur to Tadoba (read that it is 140 kms from Nagpur), but you take NH7 first, and then the state highway to Chandrapur branches off some distance after Nagpur airport.

Distance from Delhi to Bhopal is around 750 kms via Gwalior.

4-lane till Gwalior, then 2-lane all the way till Nagpur, after which widening work is on with 4-lane roads on and off on NH7.

Kajuraho - for that you will have to go off NH3 at Gwalior, go on Nh26 till Jhansi and then take the road via Chhatarpur. You can go from Kajuraho to Bhopal, or better still via Panna directly onto NH7,a nd proceed to Nagpur via Katni, Jabalpur and Seoni.

Hi,

I'm planning to travel from Bangalore to Srinagar with the following itinerary, please let me know if this is feasible and any route suggestions if possible.

Passengers:
1. Me and my wife and 1.5 year old daughter
2. Brother-in-law, his wife and their two year old daughter(tentative)
Means: Duster 110ps

Pre-conditions:

1. Need to attend a family function in Bhopal on May 24 which cannot be skipped.
2. Need to attend friends daughter 1st Birthday on May 29 in Bangalore, hence need to be present in Bangalore around that time.
3. Getting only 2 weeks off from work, so can't plan for any other dates.

Current Itinerary:

Saturday : May 9, 2015: Bangalore to Mumbai
Stay: Friends House

Sunday : May 10, 2015: Mumbai to Ajmer
Stay: Hotel not yet decided

Monday : May 11, 2015: Ajmer to Madhopur
Stay: Sister in laws house

Tuesday : May 12, 2015: Madhopur-Amritsar-Madhopur
Stay: Sister-in-laws house

Wednesday : May 13, 2015: Madhopur - Srinagar
Stay: Probably a house-boat for one night

Thursday : May 14, 2015: Srinagar
Stay: Hotel yet to be decided

Friday : May 15, 2015: Srinagar

Saturday : May 16, 2015: Srinagar - Sonamarg
Stay: Hotel yet to be decided, priority JKTDC if available

Sunday : May 17, 2015: Sonamarg

Monday : May 18, 2015: Sonamarg - Gulmarg

Tuesday : May 19, 2015: Gulmarg

Wednesday : May 20, 2015: Gulmarg - Pahalgam

Thursday : May 21, 2015: Pahalgam

Friday : May 22, 2015: Pahalgam - Bharatpur Bird Santuary

Saturday : May 23, 2015: Bharatpur Bird Santuary - Agra - Bhopal
Stay: Relatives house

Sunday : May 24, 2015: Bhopal

Monday : May 25, 2015: Bhopal - Hyderabad

Tuesday : May 26, 2015: Hyderabad - Bangalore
Stay: Home sweet home.

Would love to cover the following places as well after reading few t-logs.

1. Daksum
2. Yusmarg

Quote:

Originally Posted by gurha (Post 3677425)
Hi,

Current Itinerary:

Changes to the itinerary:

Saturday: May 9, 2015: Bangalore to Mumbai - Meera Road
Route: NH4 all the way
Distance: 1032 Km
Stay: Friends House

Riding alone from Bangalore to Pune, pick up wife and kid from friends house in Pune and go to another friends house in Mumbai, Meera road.

Sunday: May 10, 2015: Mumbai to Chittorgarh
Route: Mumbai - Surat - Vadodra - Udaipur
Distance: 856 Km
Stay: Hotel Suggestions?

Monday: May 11, 2015: Chittorgarh to Amritsar
Route: Chittorgarh - Bhilwara - Kishangarh - Sujangarh - Hanumangarh - Sri Muktsar Sahib - Amritsar
Distance: 900 Km
Stay: Hotel Suggestion?

Tuesday: May 12, 2015: Amritsar - Madhopur
Route: Amristar - Gurdaspur - Madhopur
Distance: 120 Km
Stay: Relatives House

Wednesday: May 13, 2015: Madhopur

Thursday: May 14, 2015: Madhopur - Srinagar
Route: Madhopur - Vijaypur - Anantnag - Srinagar
Distance: 350Km
Stay: House Boat

Friday: May 15, 2015: Srinagar
Stay: Hotel Suggestion, as JKTDC is not available?

Saturday: May 16, 2015: Srinagar - Sonamarg
Distance: 80Km
Time: 2 Hrs
Stay: JKTDC

Sunday: May 17, 2015: Sonamarg - Gulmarg
Distance: 126 Km
Time: 4 Hrs

Monday: May 18, 2015: Gulamarg

Tuesday: May 19, 2015: Gulamarg - Pahalgam
Distance: 100 Km
Cost: 14K

Wednesday: May 20, 2015: Pahalgam

Thursday: May 21, 2015: Pahalgam - Madhopur
Route: Pahalgam - Anantnag - Banihal - Vijayapur - Madhopur
Distance: 330 Km
Time: 9 Hrs

Friday: May 22, 2015: Madhopur - Ghaziabad
Route: Madhopur - Jalandhar - Ludhiana - Ambala - Karnal - Panipat - Sonipat - Ghaziabad
Distance: 550 Km
Time: 10 Hrs

Saturday: May 23, 2015: Ghaziabad - Agra - Bhopal
Route: Ghaziabad - Mathura - Agra - Morena - Jhansi - Bina - Bhopal
Distance: 800 Km
Time: 16 Hrs

If Bhopal is not possible after visit Taj Mahal, will probably stay either in Jhansi or Lalitput, depending upon the time available.

Sunday: May 24, 2015: Bhopal

Monday: May 25, 2015: Bhopal - Hyderabad
Route: Bhopal - Nagpur - Adilabad - Hyderabad
Distance: 850
Time: 16 Hrs

Tuesday: May 26, 2015: Hyderabad - Bangalore
Distance: 600 Km
Time: 8 Hrs
Stay: Home, Sweet Home.

Hi

Planning a roadtrip from Bangalore to Kashmir around the 20th of December. Can anyone advise typical road conditions upto Srinagar/Gulmarg/Pahalgam around that time?

If Srinagar is difficult in end December, how feasible are places like Patnitop etc for someone to experience snowfall?

Will have our 4 year old daughter with us on the drive so would like to find out about road conditions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hothatchaway (Post 3856733)
Hi

Planning a roadtrip from Bangalore to Kashmir around the 20th of December. Can anyone advise typical road conditions upto Srinagar/Gulmarg/Pahalgam around that time?

If Srinagar is difficult in end December, how feasible are places like Patnitop etc for someone to experience snowfall?

Will have our 4 year old daughter with us on the drive so would like to find out about road conditions.

Hi,

You can very well do up to Patnitop and reach as far as Srinagar.
However Gulmarg and Pahalgam depends on weather, mainly snowfall.

Consider drive to Srinagar and visit around in local taxis as they are used to driving in winter.

Bumping up an old thread, could someone help plan my friends trip??

Conditions:
1. Travelling 2 up on a RE himalayan BS6
2. Starting from Bangalore
3. Entering Ladakh from Srinagar side.
4. Prefer fastest route
5. Prefer roads with divider rather than undivided road.

My suggestion for my friend was to take Golden quadrilateral not the central India route.

There 4-5 alternatives shown by Google, unfortunately for such long distances google doesnt have bike option, the default is car option.

Help me choose the best route please:
1. The tried and tested safe option of Bangalore-Pune-Mumbai- Ahmedabad-Pali-Jaipur-bawal-Rohtak-Chandigarh-srinagar
2. Bangalore-Pune-Nashik-Dhule-ratlam-neemuch-bundi-tonk-aipur-bawal-Rohtak-Chandigarh-srinagar
3. Bangalore-Pune-Mumbai- Ahmedabad-Pali-jodhpur-nagaur-sardarshahr-hanumangarh-batinda-amritsar-pathankot-srinagar

Quote:

Originally Posted by gauravanekar (Post 4766327)
Bumping up an old thread, could someone help plan my friends trip??

Will keep it short for now but as of today, taking the NS Corridor makes sense because route conditions have improved by a huge margin and that is going to become the default choice in coming years.

Secondly, the Western India route is getting more busier day after another.

There are very small patches on NS corridor that is Work in Progress including Jhansi Gwalior but it will still be a delightful experience to ride along this route due to absence of heavy traffic through most of the entire route.

Some additional details on this post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 4766382)
Will keep it short for now but as of today, taking the NS Corridor makes sense

Completely agree. Last year, I did the NS corridor on my drive up to Himachal and the western part of the GQ on way back - the former wins hands down when it comes to lesser truck traffic and scenery, only drawback being relative lack of roadside amenities which should not be a major issue unless one is traveling with family. I'd suggest taking the NS corridor on way up and the other one on way down, to get a taste of both, unless they plan to ship the bikes by train from North India, once the trip is done.