Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2010, 09:10   #1

Pune - Shani Singanapur - Shirdi - Nasik - Trimbakeswar - Saptashrangi (Vani) - Pune

Hi,

I'm staying at Pune, and planning for a trip as "Pune-Shani Singanapur-Shirdi-Nasik-Trimbakeswar-Saptashrangi (Vani)-Pune.

can anybody guide me as i'm planning to drive myself, and my parents and my wife will be with me.

Deepak
Old 9th February 2010, 09:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak.goyal View Post
planning for a trip as "Pune-Shani Singanapur-Shirdi-Nasik-Trimbakeswar-Saptashrangi (Vani)-Pune.
route is simple.

pune-4 lane-ahmadnagar-travel toward aurangabad on 4 lane till ghodegaon[@30km]-turn left-travel 5 km-shani shinganapur-travel toward rahuri[nagar-shirdi road] on two lane road-touch to nagar shirdi road-right turn-shirdi-sangamner-sinner-nasik-trimbkeshwar-nasik-vani-nasik-nh50-sngamner-narayangaon-chakan-pune.

this trip should be of atleast 2 days with halt at nasik.
you can make it for three days by including ozar and lenyadri while coming back to pune from nasik.
Old 12th February 2010, 09:53   #3
BHPian

@ashishpallod:

we are planning a trip to saptshrungi tomorrow...from pune. can you guide us for the route from pune?? thanks in anticipation..will be staying in deolali.

also plan to visit sula vineyars (if possible),
Old 12th February 2010, 10:33   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
can you guide us for the route from pune?? thanks in anticipation..will be staying in deolali.
The route is simple.

pune-nh50-chakan-narayangaon-sangamner-sinner-nasik-kelwan[ something like this name]-vani.
Old 12th February 2010, 17:40   #5
BHPian

@ashishpallod

Sorry , i was out to MG Road for some purchasing..after vani, i guess it would have to be local advice. thanks a lot.
Old 12th February 2010, 17:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
after vani, i guess it would have to be local advice. thanks a lot.
after vani, its ghat that leads to saptshringi. the route is very simple.
Old 12th February 2010, 18:02   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
after vani, its ghat that leads to saptshringi. the route is very simple.
thanks a ton. will post a travelogue when im back
Old 18th February 2010, 14:17   #8
BHPian

[quote=SX4LOVER;1728757
also plan to visit sula vineyars (if possible), [/quote]

In case you miss Sula, you can always try Chataeu Indage restaurant after Narayangaon (driving from Pune to Nasik). Nice food esp. non-veg and cool wines.
Old 18th March 2010, 17:00   #9
BHPian

Pune to Shiridi

Hi All,
I think this thread would be appropriate to ask about Road trip for Pune to Shiridi in recent times. Have any one travelled to Shiridi in 2010 please update me on these questions

1) Best route ?

Pune - Chakan - Sangamner - Talegaon - Shirdi... 183 km
Pune - Shirur - Ahmednagar - Shirdi....................... 200 km

2) I am starting at 5 PM (20/Mar/2010) any good restaurant for breakfast on the way say after 80 to 100 KMs from Pune

3) I am starting from VimanNagar near Pune airport so do take the nagar rd and keep heading straight.. correct me if I am wrong?

4) This is my first road trip on my new swift (200 KMS) any pros and cons are welcomed?
Old 25th March 2010, 19:08   #10
BHPian

Successful Pune - Shirdi One Day trip

Guys I am back from my One day Shirdi trip. Without much adieu, the Report is as follows:

Travel Date : 20th March, 2010

Car : - Swift Vxi (The New K-Series Engine)

Inside the Car :- 4 Adults , 1 Kids (Very comfortably). 2 small bags.

Started at 6 am from Pune (Viman Nagar). Was on the Ahmed Nagar Expressway by 6.10 am.

Aim while driving : To maintain 80 - 90 kph throughout to achieve a decent FE as this is a brand new Car and my first long trip on my new Swift.

I ended up driving 80-100 Kph. The handling is just awesome. This car is just an overwhelming machine on the highway. I took the Pune - Shirur - Ahmednagar - Shirdi route. Stopped on the way in Ahmednagar for breakfast at 8.30 am on a roadside Restaurant serving Nice South Indian food. Started again at 9.30 am and was at Shirdi by 11 am .

Total Distance from Pune to Shirdi 200 km (exactly) in 3.30 hours (Drive time) .

The roads were too good on the entire stretch some patches in Ahmednagar as well 20 KMs before Shirdi goes until Shirdi. Though it had great view on either side of the roads.
Not much of traffic as I expected it as it was a Saturday.

Once you reach Shirdi you will get guides helping you for parking, parked infront (Parking space) where the Darshan Q starts. The Guide told to get some stuff for Darshan got some basic stuffs from his shops (Rs 300/-) and he let us to a different Q in gate three directly and we were able to get your Darshan done in 45 to 60 mins which again I thought would be more that 2 hours. Thanks to the guide we were lucky here.

Came back to see the car completely dusted in the packing lot as it was mud road in the parking session. I wanted to leave Shirdi ASAP to avoid the head. Believe me its much hotter that Pune, I felt it was some where between 40 to 45 Degrees. Again we stopped on a restaurant 5 KMs from Shirdi, we got some seats in an A/C hall for lunch. Started back by 2.30 PM reached home 6.00 PM

Road’s definitely good. Guarantee that you can cruse at 140 - 160 KMs easily. Mind you, I did not see a single bus for a long time, roads mostly filled with tourist cars and trucks.

Two tolls in the complete Pune - Shirdi trip. You can get up and down trips for Rs 45/-

Road Condition :- Excellent
Total Trip:- 400 Kms
Mileage:- 20.2 Kms (New K series - Petrol Engine) I love it.

Did not get much photos, uploading a couple of snaps of the car that was take on a tea break.

[IMG]D:\Ranjith\Personal\Photo\Mobile Snaps\Sofi Mob\New Folder (2)\Photo-0095.jpg[/IMG]
ranjith.rajaram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2012, 22:31   #11
BHPian

re: Pune - Shani Singanapur - Shirdi - Nasik - Trimbakeswar - Saptashrangi (Vani) - Pune

Thanks Ranjit, I was planning to go tomorrow to Shirdi from VIMAN Nagar itself. Will use the same route that you took.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks