Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:06   #46
BHPian

I have been reading this and although I can not offer any help/tips on this route I can only wish you the best moeinuk.

You have had plenty of good information/advice from the pros here and I hope you take that and have a very enjoyable drive to your home.
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:23   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
I have been reading this and although I can not offer any help/tips on this route I can only wish you the best moeinuk.

You have had plenty of good information/advice from the pros here and I hope you take that and have a very enjoyable drive to your home.
Same with me. I have not driven in North India, and not able to contribute.

But I wish you a safe and enjoyable journey.
Old 3rd March 2010, 13:31   #48
BHPian

updates from Moeinuk

Got a few updates from Moeinuk while enroute to Varanasi.

He crossed Firozabad at around 9am and reached Kanpur bypass by 12:15pm. Stopped for some tea, bite and smoke and headed off again at 12:30pm.

At this rate, I think he would reach Varanasi by 5pm (just in time to catch the ganga aarti which begins at 6:30pm).
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:59   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Update from moeinuk on sms at 1753 hrs: He's entered Benaras (left the expressway at 1730 hrs), and is near the railway station. Not checked in yet.
Old 4th March 2010, 13:56   #50
BHPian

update

Received Moeinuk's sms at 1:35pm. Left Varanasi at 6:30am. He had reached Isri Bazzar and reports heavy traffic. At the time of sms, he was stuck for almost 35mins.
Old 5th March 2010, 10:27   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, moeinuk's back home at Kolkata, safe and sound, at 11PM last night. However, 50 lengchas and 1 kilo mihidana apparently wasn't enough to cool his folks - probably the reason we might have to wait a bit for the full update from him! Received an SMS from him this morning saying I made this one wrong prediction about the sweet stuff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
...stop at Shaktigarh, on the highway itself, where there are a series of lengcha shops - you can't miss them. Tea, shingara, makha shondesh, lengcha, mihidana, sitabhog - take your pick. Carry some back home too, to cool the folks down when they go ballistic after hearing that you drove solo from DEL to CCU.
Old 5th March 2010, 10:55   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, moeinuk's back home at Kolkata, safe and sound, at 11PM last night.
Hey moeinuk, so you have crossed that barrier. Welcome on board.

Quote:
However, 50 lengchas and 1 kilo mihidana apparently wasn't enough to cool his folks - probably the reason we might have to wait a bit for the full update from him! Received an SMS from him this morning saying I made this one wrong prediction about the sweet stuff!
I am sure your folks would come around and join you for many miles ahead on similar trips. Travel creates strong bonds.
Old 19th May 2020, 23:00   #53

Re: Delhi-Kolkata road trip: is it safe to travel during Holi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Hey moeinuk, so you have crossed that barrier. Welcome on board.

I am sure your folks would come around and join you for many miles ahead on similar trips. Travel creates strong bonds.
I did the same route in 25 hours, solo, and my family was blissfully unaware of my adventure until I rang the bell at 2.35 am!
Please read the details here: https://anisrumination.blogspot.com/...ok-me.html?m=1

Most Viewed