Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2019, 17:34   #451
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
You can reach even by 2 or 3 PM. they will allow.

Even google maps show ATC parking
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
ATC car parking is near the entry point of Rs.300 ticket holders. If reporting time is at 4PM suggest, please be there before 4 pm to join the queue.
Thanks for the valuable inputs.

I am trying back work from a target of being at the queue complex by 3 pm, this is one hour earlier than allocated time of 4 pm. Google maps is showing 50 mts from hotel to "A T C, Sankumitta Road, Tirumala". If I add another 30 mts for the Security check, my transit time should be around 1 hour 30 minutes.

With above math, I think starting by around 1.30 or even 1.45 pm from the hotel should enable to reach the Q complex by 3 pm.

I will be checking in to the hotel before darshan, hence not expecting any luggage to be in the car during the security check, hope that will help to quicken things.
Old 26th February 2019, 19:37   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Thanks for the valuable inputs.

I am trying back work from a target of being at the queue complex by 3 pm, this is one hour earlier than allocated time of 4 pm. Google maps is showing 50 mts from hotel to "A T C, Sankumitta Road, Tirumala". If I add another 30 mts for the Security check, my transit time should be around 1 hour 30 minutes.

With above math, I think starting by around 1.30 or even 1.45 pm from the hotel should enable to reach the Q complex by 3 pm.

I will be checking in to the hotel before darshan, hence not expecting any luggage to be in the car during the security check, hope that will help to quicken things.
In my opinion, it may not take 30 minutes (unless the crowd is too much) for security check/scanning because there are 5 or 6 lanes (of course one for government/TTD official vehicles) for this purpose. When we went there on the 5th of February, we had to wait around 10 minutes to get the queue for the security check. Anyway, leaving your hotel at 1:30 or 1:45 will be fine (also the security check will be finished quickly since you may not be carrying any baggages on your car as you already staying in a hotel hence you people can just drive without any baggages which makes your passage easy /quick.

Please make sure to carry a water bottle as you may have to stand in the queue for at least 2.5 to 3 hours and there were water points inside the queue but we couldn't locate any glass to fetch water from the pipe. Luckily, someone in the queue had an almost empty water bottle which we used to collect water and gave it to all those who were along with us in the queue.

All the best
nairrk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 19:52   #453
Senior - BHPian

All, last time around, we made the mistake of not going to the varaha swamy temple. This time, we are planning to do it correctly. So, what is the correct order? For now, the plan is

The slot that we have received is for Monday at 11 AM.

(Saturday) - (Sunday Morn) - (Sunday Morn) - (Sunday Evening)
Srikalahasti - Varaha Swamy temple - Tirupati - Sri Padmavathi temple.

OR

(Saturday) - (Saturday evening) - (Sunday Morn) - (Sunday Morn)
Srikalahasti - Sri Padmavathi temple - Varaha Swamy temple - Tirupati

Is it mandatory to visit - Sri Padmavathi temple after tirupati? Can we do it the other way around? That means, we can start early from tirupati to home.

PS: We are not doing anything special at SKH, just a regular visit. Is there any special thing that we should be aware of? Attire, things to do, et al?
Old 27th February 2019, 09:52   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post

Please make sure to carry a water bottle as you may have to stand in the queue for at least 2.5 to 3 hours and there were water points inside the queue but we couldn't locate any glass to fetch water from the pipe.

All the best
Thanks for the tips.

In that case, I think start after 2 pm will be sufficient to reach by 3 at the queue complex.

We wold have missed the water, BTW are we allowed to carry water in plastic bottles?
Old 27th February 2019, 10:31   #455
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
All, last time around, we made the mistake of not going to the varaha swamy temple. This time, we are planning to do it correctly. So, what is the correct order? For now, the plan is

The slot that we have received is for Monday at 11 AM.

(Saturday) - (Sunday Morn) - (Sunday Morn) - (Sunday Evening)
Srikalahasti - Varaha Swamy temple - Tirupati - Sri Padmavathi temple.

OR

(Saturday) - (Saturday evening) - (Sunday Morn) - (Sunday Morn)
Srikalahasti - Sri Padmavathi temple - Varaha Swamy temple - Tirupati

Is it mandatory to visit - Sri Padmavathi temple after tirupati? Can we do it the other way around? That means, we can start early from tirupati to home.

PS: We are not doing anything special at SKH, just a regular visit. Is there any special thing that we should be aware of? Attire, things to do, et al?
Iam not sure, but heard people saying, one should not visit any temple after kalahasti and return home. Don't know how far this is true

Generally people visit Tiruchanur after Tirumala. But you can do as per your convenience
Old 27th February 2019, 10:57   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Thanks for the tips.

In that case, I think start after 2 pm will be sufficient to reach by 3 at the queue complex.

We wold have missed the water, BTW are we allowed to carry water in plastic bottles?
2 pm start seems okay, but you don't know the traffic condition from your hotel to the Security checkpoint. So, suggest keep some time with you anticipating some unexpected traffic en route. Better be earlier than getting late?

We didn't carry any water bottle and haven't seen any one supplying water or any other thing throughout the time we were in the queue that too exactly at the lunch time). But have seen few people carrying 500ml water bottles, which is enough as water taps are available throughout the queue but no cup's were provided. Those empty bottles came in handy at that time.

TTD collecting Rs.300 per head should at least supply water to the people standing in the queue (water points are provided, but how to drink without glasses?).

Senior citizens above the age of 65 are well taken care of by providing some kind of food and water in the queue, but there were many old persons between the age of 60 to 65 finding difficulty in the paid queue without water. (TTD considers only persons above 65 years age are Senior Citizens)
nairrk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2019, 13:54   #457
BHPian

Had a 3 PM Darshan slot on 01 March -- entered the queue at around 1:45 PM, not much of pushing jostling , had a good darshan ( instead of split second - a full second or so ) without being pushed away from front of the deity and out of the temple to collect laddoo by 2:35 PM !

Update: The security guards do not allow Smart Watches inside the temple and stop you at the first security check and me and wife had to deposit the same in the luggage counter and collect it back after the darshan so pls take off your smart watches before entering the queue.
rajinibm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 02:48   #458
Senior - BHPian

All,

The usual place that we stay are not allowing us to stay in tirumala. So, we may have to stay down hill. Looking at Pai viceroy for the moment.

However the question -

Earlier, after tonsuring, I took bath at our room and then joined the queue. Now how do I plan the tonsuring? Can I get tonsured downhill and then proceed to uphill after taking a bath in our hotel room? The taking bath after tonsuring without a place uphill is kind of a challenge, what is the usual course to be followed by people who do not stay but still get the tonsuring done, follow?

OR

Is there a place that I can book uphill?

The place that we usually stay is the GSB matt and they informed that they are not allowing non GSB members to stay. :(
Old 5th March 2019, 08:30   #459
BHPian

Quote:

Earlier, after tonsuring, I took bath at our room and then joined the queue. Now how do I plan the tonsuring? Can I get tonsured downhill and then proceed to uphill after taking a bath in our hotel room? The taking bath after tonsuring without a place uphill is kind of a challenge, what is the usual course to be followed by people who do not stay but still get the tonsuring done, follow?
You can take bath in the well maintained bathrooms adjacent to the tonsuring place in uphill. TTD has good facilities and you need not worry about this. Book your stay downhill and tonsure your head in uphill at one of the places provided by TTD.
sairamboko is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 01:02   #460
Senior - BHPian

We were thinking that, we would stay at Pai Viceroy/Bhima's on Sunday and on that same day, head uphill to get tonsured and then come back down. Next day morning, proceed uphill a second time on Monday to visit Varaha temple and then join the queue.
Old 6th March 2019, 11:40   #461
BHPian

Quote:
We were thinking that, we would stay at Pai Viceroy/Bhima's on Sunday and on that same day, head uphill to get tonsured and then come back down. Next day morning, proceed uphill a second time on Monday to visit Varaha temple and then join the queue.
Another option is to take a dip at the Pushkarni post tonsuring. Would suggest the following: have the tonsuring done, go to the Pushkarni , there are showers available there, take a quick shower and take a dip in the pushkarni and then proceed to Varahaswami temple. Also, near the steps of the Pushkarni there is a the old Ashwatha tree and is a very important spot in a history of the place.
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 15:11   #462
BHPian

Hi All ! I have a trip planned next month. Stay and darshan tickets booked. I need help for Tirumala darshan. We need to report at 12pm ATC parking for the darshan. Planning to reach the uphill by my car. Where should i park my car so that it will be convenient to return post darshan? My parents aged 60+ and my 5 yrs old son will be accompanying me. I think the ATC has a car parking but when we exit post darshan, its not near. Any suggestions?
Old 24th February 2020, 15:39   #463
BHPian

Once you finish the darshan, the exit is towards the south side of the temple and the nearest spot to catch a taxi/jeep would be to cross pushkarni and climb the few steps towards the south side where there are rows of shops. Traffic is banned on all the mada streets.

Last edited by mazda4life : 24th February 2020 at 15:39. Reason: Typo
Old 24th February 2020, 16:07   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
Once you finish the darshan, the exit is towards the south side of the temple and the nearest spot to catch a taxi/jeep would be to cross pushkarni and climb the few steps towards the south side where there are rows of shops. Traffic is banned on all the mada streets.
Thank you! So should i park the car near ATC parking, go for darshan, exit and take an auto/taxi and reach ATC parking and take the car and come down?
Old 24th February 2020, 17:16   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Thank you! So should i park the car near ATC parking, go for darshan, exit and take an auto/taxi and reach ATC parking and take the car and come down?
Though it is called ATC Car Parking, there is no parking there. (It used to be earlier) Park your car at the MBC Guest house. You will see many parking there. You have to walk to the queue which is half-a-mile.

After the darsan, you have two choices.
1. Go opposite to the Vengamamba Chatram (Free meals complex) and take a Jeep to the ATC Car park.

2. Go to the southern side, near to the sahasra deepalakarana mandapam and take steps to the left and turn right at the end. You will reach the 300 Rs queue entrance and from there the same route to car parking. This is easily a 2-2.5 Km walk.

Most Viewed