Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2022, 10:37   #871
BHPian

Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

We are visiting Tirumala on 11-Dec as a group of 11 people and travelling by tempo traveler. I had heard that there was some restriction on allowing tempo travelers to Tirumala earlier. Does anyone know if there is any such restriction?
Old 28th November 2022, 10:43   #872
BHPian

We are a group of 8 people allotted different darshan times in a set of two on Dec 10th. 2 PM, 8:30 PM, 9:30 PM, and 10:30 PM, are the times allotted. Is there any way we can proceed to the SED queue together? what are the options?

We also have a room booked at Tirumala, so we will be staying there overnight.
Old 28th November 2022, 11:30   #873
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
We are a group of 8 people allotted different darshan times in a set of two on Dec 10th. 2 PM, 8:30 PM, 9:30 PM, and 10:30 PM, are the times allotted. Is there any way we can proceed to the SED queue together? what are the options?
I'll let the true 'commuters' reply, but I think it is worth a try for the entire group to seek entry at ~1400. In any case, the 2030-2230 group will be allowed in at 2030 going by my own experience earlier.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 12:26   #874
BHPian

Quote:

We also have a room booked at Tirumala, so we will be staying there overnight.
I was denied entry at 11 am for a 2 PM Darshan last week. As said there will be no issue for the 20.30 slot and you can go in together. But 14.00 will be purely luck based. I was not even allowed on to the waiting area, the volunteers at the entrance gate stopped me and asked me to come by 1.30 PM.
venki.bala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 13:04   #875
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenHW View Post
@jkrishnakj sir, I had a SED slot of 9PM on 18th November. I entered the Queue at 1030 am and had darshan in about 1.5 hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I've got in ~2 hours in advance but this is crazy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by venki.bala View Post
I was denied entry at 11 am for a 2 PM Darshan last week.
Pure luck I guess! Don't know of it makes any difference which gate you initially enter from? I had entered from the Museum gate.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 13:34   #876
BHPian

Quote:
I had entered from the Museum gate.
I had reported at ATC Circle and from there entered the Queue complex. You have rightly mentioned it's pure luck and Bhagwan Venkateshwara's wish.
We have to go and have his darshan when he calls.
BrokenHW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 09:55   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
We are visiting Tirumala on 11-Dec as a group of 11 people and travelling by tempo traveler. I had heard that there was some restriction on allowing tempo travelers to Tirumala earlier. Does anyone know if there is any such restriction?
No Restrictions. You can commute happily.
saisree is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 12:12   #878
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.deccanherald.com/nationa...y-1167290.html

A few updates on TTD's ticketing plans for the next few months.
itwasntme is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 17:00   #879
BHPian

Hi All! I am planning for a darshan around 3rd week of January. Is there any options to book tickets now?
Old 7th December 2022, 17:34   #880
BRV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Hi All! I am planning for a darshan around 3rd week of January. Is there any options to book tickets now?
Tickets are not released for the month of January 2023. Tickets will be released after 20th Dec for Jan. Watch out for the updates from TTD.
BRV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 09:13   #881
BHPian

Good morning all !

Planning to start to Tirupati tomorrow at 5 AM. Woodys, Nandi's will be too early for a breakfast stop. Any pointers for good breakfast options on the highway closer to Tirupati or at the outskirts of Tirupati ?
Old 12th December 2022, 09:46   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I'll let the true 'commuters' reply, but I think it is worth a try for the entire group to seek entry at ~1400. In any case, the 2030-2230 group will be allowed in at 2030 going by my own experience earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by venki.bala View Post
I was denied entry at 11 am for a 2 PM Darshan last week. As said there will be no issue for the 20.30 slot and you can go in together. But 14.00 will be purely luck based. I was not even allowed on to the waiting area, the volunteers at the entrance gate stopped me and asked me to come by 1.30 PM.
Hey guys, glad to report we all managed to have the Lord's darshan together, we entered the SED line at 4 PM. No one cared to glance at the darshan time slots mentioned in the booking receipt. Maybe they were lenient due to the storm/sabarimala season, all in all, we were just lucky I guess.
FURY_44 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 11:54   #883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankuthimma View Post
Good morning all !

Planning to start to Tirupati tomorrow at 5 AM. Woodys, Nandi's will be too early for a breakfast stop. Any pointers for good breakfast options on the highway closer to Tirupati or at the outskirts of Tirupati ?
For a 5 am start , i think you can reach Tirupati itself for breakfast. You can reach Chittoor in about 2 to 2.5 hours only till there are options for decent food break. Post which there aren't many options and with excellent roads, you can easily reach by 8 am itself and have awesome yummy breakfast at PS4

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 09:47   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
For a 5 am start , i think you can reach Tirupati itself for breakfast. You can reach Chittoor in about 2 to 2.5 hours only till there are options for decent food break. Post which there aren't many options and with excellent roads, you can easily reach by 8 am itself and have awesome yummy breakfast at PS4

-Ravi
Thank you sir! We did have breakfast at PS4

Our darshan on Sunday evening took whopping 6 hrs!! - 4PM to 10 PM! 2 hrs to reach the scanning centre itself and 2 hrs in the compartment, that too no. 31, another 2 hrs for darshan and exit. Surprisingly, not much pushing and shoving. But Lord Govinda compensated us with few more precious seconds of his blissful darshan as the 'jargandi! jargandi!!" folks at the ramp were distracted for a while.

The Lord had called us again this year. But this time it was very special !
Cyclone Mandous had turned the entire Tirupati/Tirumala into an unbelievable sight - low hanging clouds, mist, rain, drizzle, chill weather - first time experiencing such things in Tirumala for us. We were also a group of 40+ people - first time ever, entire family got together to seek his blessings with all the near and dear ones. Also had the Anna Prasadam first time, What an amazing feat it is to offer such delicious meals for lakhs of people! If we count everything as his blessings, then 6 hrs wait, at the end, was nothing !
mankuthimma is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 21:13   #885
APV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankuthimma View Post
Our darshan on Sunday evening took whopping 6 hrs!! - 4PM to 10 PM!

The Lord had called us again this year. But this time it was very special !
Cyclone Mandous had turned the entire Tirupati/Tirumala into an unbelievable sight - low hanging clouds, mist, rain, drizzle, chill weather - first time experiencing such things in Tirumala for us. If we count everything as his blessings, then 6 hrs wait, at the end, was nothing !
I was there too on 11th Dec for Darshan. we (self, betterhalf, daughter & son) were lucky that rains took a break on 11th Morning. we climbed through Srivari Mettu - started at around 9:15 AM & reached Tirumala around 11:30 AM. Boarded a free bus to find a kalyanakatta, luckily the conductor(?!) guided us to an almost free GNC Kalyana Katta. As you mentioned around 12 noon, Tirumala was fully under Mist, it appeared heavenly to travel in the bus. Tonsured & took bath at GNC KK. Walked into Hotel Woodside for a typical Andhra meal.

Our SED booking was for 5PM however we tried our luck by entering around 2:15 PM, they let us in without any questions. It took us almost an hour to reach aadhar verification point & had to wait in hall number 28 for almost 2 hours. Our hall was opened around 5.30 - 5.45PM & had Darshan around 7PM, like you mentioned no push/pull inside the darshan mandapam, it was a delightful experience. Thanked Balaji for this opportunity & came out really happy.

picked up our quota of Laddus, mobiles - clicked mandatory pictures in front of the temple & came down to Tirupati in a waiting APSRTC bus around 9:45 PM. Got fooled by yet to open A2B in Alipiri road & took an auto to PS4, had dinner, reached our room near Ramanuja circle by 10:30 PM & called it a day, a memorable one though.
APV is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks