Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2010, 14:23   #76
BHPian

24 Hours time starts when you are allocated the room.The Info on E-receipt is misleading.
Old 13th September 2010, 14:30   #77
Senior - BHPian

Update

Update on Seegradarshanam Queue
We were there on Friday night for Saturday early morning darshan; one need not buy the tickets before the queue & the same can be obtained while on the queue. So the procedure is...
1. Get on the queue
2. There're 2 counters to issue the tickets along with one security check
3. Keep moving through the cages & the bridge
4. There's second round of security check or the main one where the conveyor & machine scan is involved & get on to darshan

I heard that the other fares like Rs 10, Rs 50 are available only on quota basis, while Rs 300 is like a spot ticket.

Oh!!! And we joined the queue around 4:20 AM & had our darshan, free prasadam & 2 laddu (for the tickets) & were out by 5:45 AM
Old 20th September 2010, 10:16   #78
BHPian

Another update on Seegradarshanam Queue:

we joined the Q on last Saturday morning (18/09) at 10.00am and came out of the temple at 1.30pm. Overall it took 3.5hrs for darshan. There was huge crowd due to Srivari Brahmotsavam and also it was a Saturday (auspicious day for Balaji darshan).

We spent another 1 hour to take extra laddus at the laddu counter

If it is a weekday then probably it will take lesser time.
Old 20th September 2010, 10:30   #79
BHPian

Seegradarshanam was indeed very seegra!!!!

1. started from bangalore @ 2.30 PM on a wednesday afternoon
2. Reached Tirupati @ 8.30 PM and Tirumala @ 9.45 PM
3. Had a quick bath and on to the Seegradarshanam Q @ 10.35 PM
4. 11.20 PM Out after having a relaxed, no pushing, no stampedes darshan
5. Laddu Q for about 10 minutes.
Old 20th September 2010, 10:34   #80
Senior - BHPian

Anyone done Kalyanotsvam seva at Tirumala? Any ideas how long is the seva and what are the timings? The TTD website says the seva starts at 12 pm and is of one hour duration whereas the entry for the seva starts at 1030 hrs. Need input on the same.
Old 20th September 2010, 11:27   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Anyone done Kalyanotsvam seva at Tirumala? Any ideas how long is the seva and what are the timings? The TTD website says the seva starts at 12 pm and is of one hour duration whereas the entry for the seva starts at 1030 hrs. Need input on the same.
I think that is correct. I did that some 3 years back. You stand in the queue at the Vaikuntam complex at around 10:30. It gets over by 12-1 I think.
Old 27th September 2010, 00:00   #82
BHPian

Fellow TBHPians, myself and friends are planning to travel till the foothills of Tirumala on 2 October 2010 early morning, climb the seven hills on foot (we climb whenever we visit) and then proceed for darshan.

I tried http://www.ttdsevaonline.com/eseva/eSevaHome.aspx website but firefox says 'Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.' and IE doesnt open the site.

Any online site where I can book darshan tickets? Thank You !
Old 27th September 2010, 13:01   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post
Fellow TBHPians, myself and friends are planning to travel till the foothills of Tirumala on 2 October 2010 early morning, climb the seven hills on foot (we climb whenever we visit) and then proceed for darshan.

I tried Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams website but firefox says 'Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.' and IE doesnt open the site.

Hi Ashwinsid,

I tried to open the website and its working now in both IE and FireFox. I am able to view the eSeva availability. Probably, you may have to clear the browser cache and try first Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams and then navigate manually.

-Ravi
Old 27th September 2010, 13:12   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Hi Ghodlur,

I did Kalyanotsavam last Dec'2009.
What ampere said is correct. You need to get into Vaikuntam 'Q' complex (via side entrance - not the main entrance opposite to vijaya bank) between 9 am or 10 am and walk thru the queue till the place the utsavam happens inside temple pragharam.

Remember, you will be allowed inside only with dhoti and no shirts/banians for gents. For ladies, its preferable to wear sari and if i remember right, these days they allow with salwars. No modern or tight wear dresses like jeans etc..is allowed.

On a related note, how are you booking tickets for kalyanotsavam? I had real difficulty last year to get tickets. I was unable to book online tickets for any day and i waited/tried it for more than 6 months. The moment, the website opens for booking, it will show in RED saying tkts are unavailable for kalyanotsavam.

So, i had to reach tirumala one day in advance, stood in the queue (behind Arjitham office - the place where they give tickets for all arjitha sevas. ) from 6 am in the morning for 4+ hours and got the tickets only at around 10:30 or 11 am. The seva will be on next day and starts at 11 am.

Remember, everyone attending the seva need to be on the queue to give thumb impression.

-Ravi
Old 27th September 2010, 13:32   #85
BHPian

Quote:

If you are climbing ,you get a free ticket on the way. Why do you want to a book a ticket ?
Old 27th September 2010, 18:24   #86
Senior - BHPian

manavdotcom, this month is auspicious month for Vishnu. So free darshan will be heavily crowded, especially on any saturday of this purattasi month (Sep 16 to Oct 15).
Its better to have tickets booked and then travel. Even with that, the number of hours to get darshan will be more.

-Ravi
Old 27th September 2010, 18:32   #87
BHPian

Quote:

Hi

Darshan tickets will be full or booked through online immediately once they are released 3 months in advance. If you compulsorily wanted seva tickets you need to go to tirumala 1 day in advance and stand in queue around 5.30 am where they issue seva tickets for the next day ( near vaikuntam entrance) and you can comfortably book your ticket based on availability. During Brahmostavas all regular sevas will be cancelled so you need to plan in advance to have a comfortable darshan.
Old 28th September 2010, 11:05   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Hi Ghodlur,
On a related note, how are you booking tickets for kalyanotsavam? I had real difficulty last year to get tickets. I was unable to book online tickets for any day and i waited/tried it for more than 6 months. The moment, the website opens for booking, it will show in RED saying tkts are unavailable for kalyanotsavam. Ravi
Thanks Ravi for the info.
Actually on the date of my travel to Tirumala the normal Archana tickets (Rs 200) were not available. Luckily Kalyanotsvam ticket was available, so grabbed it and booked it online for 1st Nov 2010. Costed Rs 1000 and is valid for two persons (me and my wife), son goes free. Also room at Tirumala booked online.

For stay Tirupati, opted for Sreenivasam complex and sent a DD for room booking. I am still looking for some info regarding private taxi service for Tirupait temple visits.
Old 28th September 2010, 11:49   #89
Senior - BHPian

If i remember right, sreenivasam temple complex is near/opposite to bus stand.

For local tirupati temple visits, its very simple. There are not many temples, just couple of them which you can cover easily in 0.5 day. (Alamelumangapuram - padmavathi lakshmi temple) which is about 5+ kms or so and the other one is GovidarajaPerumal temple which is in tirupati town itself near railway station). Just enquire about it in the hotel itself. They can help you.

Also, the cost is very cheap, so don't pay heavy prices. If you are okay, you can try and avail the Jeep services just plying near bus stand. No need for any booking. It will cost may be Rs. 100 or Rs. 150/- to go and return back to hotel.

-Ravi
Old 28th September 2010, 15:03   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post

Remember, you will be allowed inside only with dhoti and no shirts/banians for gents. For ladies, its preferable to wear sari and if i remember right, these days they allow with salwars. No modern or tight wear dresses like jeans etc..is allowed.

On a related note, how are you booking tickets for kalyanotsavam? I had real difficulty last year to get tickets. I was unable to book online tickets for any day
Not sure why you could not get it. I was able to buy the Kalyanotsavam tickets 2 month in advance. I am going there in last week of October.

But need one clarification. The TTD site does not specify the dhoti for this seva. It is mandatory for other sevas like Thomal Seva but they did not mention for this on the website. Has it changed recently? I will be doing this seva for the first time. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks