Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2015, 22:33   #31
BANNED

Re: Travelling to Barcelona, Spain

You don't need an agent. Apply directly at Infantry road. It's easy and smooth.
Old 11th October 2015, 23:19   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2007 View Post
You don't need an agent. Apply directly at Infantry road. It's easy and smooth.
Could you provide the address?
Old 12th October 2015, 09:30   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I have to visit Barcelona, Spain in November on a official visit, for about a week. My wife & daughter will be joining me. I understand I would need a business visa, my wife & kid would need a tourist visa. I wouldn't be visiting any other country. I guess have to get Schengen Visa via Spanish Embassy.

My company travel agent said they don't do tourist visa. I thought I will get both mine, my wife's and my daughter's visa from same agent. Any suggestions? Any recommended agent in Bangalore?
I think I will be able to help. Just sent you a private message with my number.

Cheers
Old 14th April 2016, 15:55   #34
BHPian

All the folks who drove in Spain, did you get an IDP? Or did you use just your Indian drivers license?

I plan to drive from Paris to Barcelona in the first week of May.

I am getting a lot of conflicting answers.

Thanks
Akshay
Old 9th December 2016, 13:56   #35

Spain in April.. General Queries..

Hi Guys,

I am planning a trip to Spain along with wife and two friends (a couple) in April 2017. The major activities we are planning for -
1. Road Trip
2. Scuba Diving
3. Sky Diving
4. Leisure at beach side

As I am in charge of itinerary, I have come up with the first draft as given below:

The couple (from London) and we two would reach and meet at Barcelona and head towards Costa Brava directly from the Airport.
The onward itinerary and major activities as follows:
1. Costa Brava – 2 nights: Scuba Diving. Rent a car and then start driving south on the east coast till Seville.
2. Barcelona – 2 nights: City tour and party
3. Valencia – 2 nights: City tour
4. Malaga – 1 night: City tour
5. Seville – 2 nights: Drop the car, Sky Diving, city tour and relax

The route map is at the end of post.

After Seville, we would be going back to Madrid on local transport and after an overnight stay, finally fly back to London and Mumbai from Madrid.

As many of the BHPians already been to Spain, need suggestions from those who can help.
Few queries from my side
1. Would Indian driving license do for road trip there?
2. What is the best place for sky diving?
3. My preliminary research says Costa Brava is good for Scuba. Does anyone suggest some change of place?
4. Would 9-10 days be sufficient for this trip considering we would be covering so many places?

Kindly advise on anything that I might have missed. Also, any recommendations in those cities would be very helpful.

Thanks a lot in advance!!
Attached Thumbnails
Travelling to Barcelona, Spain-spain.jpg  

Old 9th December 2016, 14:49   #36
Senior - BHPian

Re: Spain in April.. General Queries..

I have visited Barcelona, I can speak for that. Top attraction is Sagrada Familia. You have to book the tickets in advance. Other places are Gothic Quarters (there are many walk tours, including free ones), MNAC, few other Gaudi creations like Casa Mila & Casa Batllo. There are hop-on-hop-off day tours covering east & west sections. Each section will take 2 hours on the bus.

If you are planning budget shopping there are many Lefties outlets. Hebron City Outlet is within city and accessible via Metro.

While in Costa Brava, you can visit Figueres (6 Km), which has Dali museum. Tour will take around 2 hours.

> 1. Would Indian driving license do for road trip there?
You will need IDP along with DL.
msdivy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 16:48   #37
BHPian

Re: Spain in April.. General Queries..

Quote:
I have visited Barcelona, I can speak for that. Top attraction is Sagrada Familia. You have to book the tickets in advance. Other places are Gothic Quarters (there are many walk tours, including free ones), MNAC, few other Gaudi creations like Casa Mila & Casa Batllo. There are hop-on-hop-off day tours covering east & west sections. Each section will take 2 hours on the bus.

If you are planning budget shopping there are many Lefties outlets. Hebron City Outlet is within city and accessible via Metro.

While in Costa Brava, you can visit Figueres (6 Km), which has Dali museum. Tour will take around 2 hours.

You forgot one of the biggest attractions.. A visit to the Camp Nou museum and if possible, catch FC Barcelona in action!
shadows123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 17:06   #38

Quote:

thanks a lot for your input. I have searched on many web links. they say IDP(/L) isn't needed for first 6months if you have a valid Indian DL, almost all over the world. I have also driven two & four wheelers in Thailand and have come across police checking. They did let me go seeing my driving license. So am a bit confused. Do I really have to go through the painful process of obtaining an IDP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
You forgot one of the biggest attractions.. A visit to the Camp Nou museum and if possible, catch FC Barcelona in action!
thanks. FC Barcelona makes it to the list.. Good idea.

Last edited by Zappo : 9th December 2016 at 17:28. Reason: No back to back posts please. Use multiquote option to respond to everyone in a post. Back to back posts merged.

Most Viewed