Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2010, 22:54   #1

Delhi to Hyd : Latest Road status

Hi Guys,

Planning a drive from Delhi to Hyderabad this week end. Was planning for Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi-Nagpur-Hyd. Thanks to U guys here came to know of alternate route, through Bhopal.

Now, need help on the road status in both the routes and please suggest the best option.

Thanks!!!
Old 11th March 2010, 19:37   #2
BHPian

If anyone can shed some light on the current status of roads, it would be great as I am also planning to get my car over from Delhi to Hyd soon.

Route 1: Delhi - Agra - MP (Seoni) - MAH - Hyd
Route 2: Delhi - Agra - MP (Bhopal) - MAH - Hyd
Old 12th March 2010, 16:22   #3

i did this route in dec 2009/jan 2010. the best route to follow is via agra, gwalior, shivpuri, guna, byora, bhopal, betul and move over to maharashtra to travel via parathwada, amravati and yavatmal to come out on to nh 7 closer to pandharkawada (just about 40 km away from adilabad). barring few short stretches in madhya pradesh and in andhra pradesh (negligible compared to mp) this route is far better than the road that takes you via jhansi.
have a nice trip
Old 12th March 2010, 17:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

I drove on NH3 Bombay-Dhule-Indore-Biaora-Gwalior in Jan '10, and found the road was quite OK, but a friend who went on the same road in Feb '10 reports that it has deteriorated between Gwalior and Biaora. Nonetheless, I think there is no problem with the Gwalior-Biaora stretch.

The preceding sections - Delhi-Agra-Gwalior - is in good shape except for the incomplete sections around Pholpur.

Recent update on the Bopal-Betul-Nagpur road is that it is in good condition, looks like it has been repaired recently.

I drove on NH7 all the way to Hyderabad and except for a few kms of bad roads in the MH-AP border after Pandharkawada, the rest of the road is good.

I won't recommend the Gwalior-Jhansi-Sagar-Laknadon route to reach NH7, heard it is still in a bad shape with widening still on. However, NH7 between Laknadon and Nagpur via Seoni is god, except that Seoni bypass has some bad sections.
Old 12th March 2010, 18:33   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I drove on NH3 Bombay-Dhule-Indore-Biaora-Gwalior in Jan '10, and found the road was quite OK, but a friend who went on the same road in Feb '10 reports that it has deteriorated between Gwalior and Biaora. Nonetheless, I think there is no problem with the Gwalior-Biaora stretch.The preceding sections - Delhi-Agra-Gwalior - is in good shape except for the incomplete sections around Pholpur. Recent update on the Bopal-Betul-Nagpur road is that it is in good condition, looks like it has been repaired recently.

I drove on NH7 all the way to Hyderabad and except for a few kms of bad roads in the MH-AP border after Pandharkawada, the rest of the road is good.

I won't recommend the Gwalior-Jhansi-Sagar-Laknadon route to reach NH7, heard it is still in a bad shape with widening still on. However, NH7 between Laknadon and Nagpur via Seoni is god, except that Seoni bypass has some bad sections.
So himakar and Monaro, do you need any other opinion about your route query after reading above! Nothing to worry, that's the best possible route combination, just take its printout and crank the engine!

On a serious note, if you want more enlightenment, there is another thread on this forum by Milecruncher, hvkumar and several others, where all possible Delhi - Hyderabad routes alongwith their +ves and -ves have been discussed in detail. But, ultimately, the one via Bhopal-Betul-Nagpur (the above one) comes out a winner considering all factors.

What you need to plan though is your driving time and posible halt options as per your driving capabilities and interests. Delhi - Agra- Gwaliar-Shivpuri-Bhopal is doable in one day. Even Bhopal - Betul-Nagpur-Hyderabad is possible on Day 2, but it'll be hectic and recommended only with an early start and tremendous enthusiasm for driving, keeping in mind one's own circumstances.

If you want to complete it very leisurly in 3 days, then no problem. Gwaliar and Nagpur can be halts. But, actually 3 days will be too long and 2 days 'll be too tiring! You have to workout your own magic combination.

But, do take this drive, it'll be memorable. Best wishes.
Old 19th March 2010, 22:28   #6

Thanks a lot guys!!

Drove last weekend to Hyd. Read hvk's article somewhere on the forum about the route. Took the route through Bhopal, at the last minute. Did it in 2 1/4 days. Superb drive!!!.

Monaro, if you are not yet on the Road, take the one through Bhopal.

Planning a travelogue on the same. Need to find some time.

See you soon..

Himakar
Old 19th March 2010, 22:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himakar View Post
Drove last weekend to Hyd. Took the route through Bhopal, at the last minute. Did it in 2 1/4 days. Superb drive!!!.
Thanks for the update! Will love to hear more about road/traffic conditions and facilities en route, besides some more info on your drive plan.
Old 1st August 2011, 00:01   #8
BHPian

Re: Delhi to Hyd : Latest Road status

Will it be possible to do delhi - hyderabad road tip in two days via seoni and lalitpur as most of the road between nagpur and agra is four laned
Old 1st August 2011, 01:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27 View Post
Will it be possible to do delhi - hyderabad road tip in two days via seoni and lalitpur as most of the road between nagpur and agra is four laned
Road is in very bad condition from Sagar onwards till Gwalior. Better option is to take the route from Nagpur via Bhopal to Gwalior.
Old 22nd August 2011, 11:34   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Road is in very bad condition from Sagar onwards till Gwalior. Better option is to take the route from Nagpur via Bhopal to Gwalior.
Kumar - I have unsuccessfully driven to uttanchal and came back yesterday

I wanted to update everyone on the Hyderabad - Delhi road status

I will not advise any to take nagpur - Bhopal - biaora - guna - gwalior road at all. The road is in very pathetic condition after 75 kms after nagpur to Shivpuri. Though I am a fast driver, It took around 9.5 hours from nagpur to Bhopal, 10 hours from bhopal to gwalior. I have driven continuously from nagpur to Agra with two drivers. From agra, I took aligarh and meerut, though roads are ok, the traffic from aligargh to meerut was horrible. People drive on their own side.

while coming I took delhi - agra - gwalior - jhansi - sagar - laknadon - seoni - nagpur - hyderabad.

To my surprise, the roads were very good between jhansi and laknadon.

Road condition

Delhi - Agra -> very good - drive time 3 hours
Agra - Gwalior - > very good - drive time 2 hours. bypass to jhansi is not open to public so need to drive in to city
Gwalior - Jhansi -> ok road. took almost 3 hours to reach Jhansi. Lot of deviatations, no bypasses open, lot of work in progress.
Jhansi - laknadon -> very good road. most of the four lane is open and lots of deviations between to either side of the road. Since the traffic is very very less, I could able to drive fast on the single lane as well, took flat 7 hours to cover 420 kms. There are many temporary deviations due to construction of bridges. But, it is way better than bhopal road.
Ladknadon - nagpur -> bad patches at lot of places, need to be careful covering this streach in night.
Nagpur - Hyderabad -> Very good till hinganghat. Bad roads till AP Border. AP border to hyderabad - very good
contactme27 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 11:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kumar - I have unsuccessfully driven to uttanchal and came back yesterday
Thanks for the update on the conditions.What made the drive unsuccessful?road conditions & landslides or something else?
Old 22nd August 2011, 14:21   #12
BHPian

Landslides in beyond srinagar. Near paudi the major land slides did not allow us to pass through for two days. we were forced to drive back.
Old 29th August 2011, 14:50   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bad roads till AP BordeR
Roughly how many kms?
Old 29th August 2011, 14:58   #14
BHPian

Roughly 100 kms. This stretch is bad with a lot of pot holes and lot of deviations.
contactme27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 16:28   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Roughly 100 kms. This stretch is bad with a lot of pot holes and lot of deviations.
I have done the exact same stretch back from Meerut/Delhi to Hyderabad and I am not surprised that stretch is not yet laid out because its heavily used by trucks and some kms of those stretches are unbeilevable. Almost like you have landed in moon and surrounded by craters.

Practically you have to search from which angle to cross every few feet.

My Cruze took a little beating but, then i cared too hoots about the timing and drove real slow and primarily due to that entire stretch being bad, we crossed over to 3rd day for our return trip. My trip details were :-

Day 1 : Meerut-Shivpuri ( Some 100+kms near Aligarh was horrible roads)
Day 2 : Shivpuri-Nagpur ( We took the wrong route and ended up in those jungle with heavy truck traffic and crater like roads)
Day 3: Nagpur-Hyd

Most Viewed