Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2014, 15:19   #46
BHPian

Re: Tambaram-Sriperumbudur Route Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Alternatively you can take Bypass to Puzhal and take Naidupeta-Srikalahasti-Tirupati. You'll have some traffic in Puzhal after exiting from Bypass thats all.
Thanks! I am more keen on using Tiruthani road as I feel the road is good when I used it last time in March.

Also, if Outer ring road is completed as per announcement (to be opened today by CM) then I can join MTH road directly near Thiruninravur and would have to bear this traffic only for 10 odd KMs as I will be joining after Ambattur / Avadi / Pattabiram.
Old 28th August 2014, 17:14   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Thanks! I am more keen on using Tiruthani road as I feel the road is good when I used it last time in March.
In that case I think you should be happy with this road (Tambaram-Manimangalam-Sriperumbudur). (Now I use this road while driving to Chennai all the time. )

And then at Kanchi bypass, you should latch on to the Arakkonam road.
Old 29th August 2014, 22:29   #48
BHPian

I had some free time and wanted to see how much of ORR is completed. Tried from Mannivakkam till Nemilichery. I was impressed with the road! It is built for speeds of 100 KMPH and it shows. There is wide gap between the two lanes. Only issue is the service road is there all through and does not allow for acceleration when merging. No issues today as there was nobody using it but there would be issues when traffic increases. Since there is no toll expect more people to start using it. All ROB except for interchanges with NH4, NH205 and ROB cum interchange with NH45 at Vandalur is complete. So folks from South Chennai can start using it for reaching Poonamalee or Avadi faster.
Edit! Google maps is yet to update the ORR completely
DWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 14:03   #49
Daz

Hi all,

Driving to Sriperumbudur from Tambaram, via Padapai, Oragadam, can one take a right at the SH48 SH57 junction? Google directions suggests taking a diversion ahead for the junction to join SH57.. https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/VA....8876273?hl=en

Thanks a lot
Old 30th September 2014, 10:40   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz View Post
Hi all,

Driving to Sriperumbudur from Tambaram, via Padapai, Oragadam, can one take a right at the SH48 SH57 junction? Google directions suggests taking a diversion ahead for the junction to join SH57.. https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/VA....8876273?hl=en

Thanks a lot
Due to flyover construction, you cannot take a simple right. Drive beside the flyover, take a left travel for about 200m and take a U turn. That should take you to Sriperumbudur.
arsudarsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 13:43   #51
Daz

Thanks a lot arsudarsan. Will driving through this section tomorrow.
Old 30th September 2014, 18:35   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsudarsan View Post
Due to flyover construction, you cannot take a simple right. Drive beside the flyover, take a left travel for about 200m and take a U turn. That should take you to Sriperumbudur.
The right turn @Oragadam Jn has been this way for past 2+ years. Is google maps adjusted now or Is there any further twist? GoogleMaps shows all weird options as if the approach to the junction (from Tambaram) itself is blocked. (means you can't take a right or left turn @Jn. Either get on to bridge and go straight or take right of left much before Oragadam Jn and somehow reach Sriperumpudur road. ??
Vizay is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 20:13   #53
Team-BHP Support

You can even try the Manimangalam route. Its quite good. I use it all the time.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 08:22   #54
Daz

Mod note: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thanks ampere. I'll take this route - it will be much shorter and quicker (I always used to take the bypass to Poonamalle).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizay View Post
The right turn @Oragadam Jn has been this way for past 2+ years. Is google maps adjusted now or Is there any further twist? GoogleMaps shows all weird options as if the approach to the junction (from Tambaram) itself is blocked. (means you can't take a right or left turn @Jn. Either get on to bridge and go straight or take right of left much before Oragadam Jn and somehow reach Sriperumpudur road. ??
We have the option to suggest corrections to Google maps - I have suggested a couple in the past that have been accepted (post verification).

Regards

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st October 2014 at 09:19. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.
Old 25th June 2015, 15:11   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Hi, How is the road from Sriperumbudur to Tambaram these days? I might drive from Bangalore to Tambaram and looking for inputs from the recent past. thank you.
Old 25th June 2015, 16:26   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeivan View Post
Hi, How is the road from Sriperumbudur to Tambaram these days? I might drive from Bangalore to Tambaram and looking for inputs from the recent past. thank you.
Its pretty good. Crowded at places, but still worth it by a long shot. Just be aware that the load twists and turns at many locations and there some blind turns too. Once nearing Tambaram, traffic increases till you hit GST.

Also note: You cannot take at the Tambaram road/Orgadam road exit. You need to drive further up to Gandhi statue, take a U and come back.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks