Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:39   #1
BHPian

Leh 2010

Pilgrimages aren't complete till our soul; sees faith and disbelief high-five each other. Such is the journey, it sent back each soul believing in Heaven!

Plan: Hyderabad to Leh
When: Either July ( For Confluence) or September (2nd Week)
How: 1 Thunder Bird, 1 Zen (could be replaced!!)
Who: Team-member from office, Self, Dad (Will try to Coax him)
Mode: Personal/Official (Adventure/Charity trip, trying to convince our PR Manager)

Time in hand: 10 days + 3 days (addtl) + 2 days (reserved for Sept Journey)
Stop-over durations:8 PM - 4 AM
Accommodation: Mostly friends and relatives, after Manali in own tents (relive memories)

Route: Hyderabad > Sholapur > Pune (our other office) > Mumbai > Vapi > Baroda > Ahmedabad (Pit Stop) > Udaipur > Ajmer > Jaipur > Gurgaon (Home-stay, Coax Dad, home cooked food) > Karnal > Chandigarh (will bypass, per suggestion) > Bilaspur (Night Stay) > Manali (Stay-over, repairs, supplies) > Rohtang la > Tandi > Darcha (Stop-over) > Leh >>>Additional destinations

Initial discussions started around route and dates.... Advices are welcome!!
Old 22nd March 2010, 22:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

You can check out details of our Leh 2009 trip in the following link (although we did Srinagar-Leh-Shimla).

LADAKH Sep 2009 - hvkumar | Google Groups
Old 29th April 2010, 10:35   #3
BHPian

As usual, when your desire raises its hands, monstrous bosses flag it down. While we were contemplating June, it seems we would only start in September

Quote:
You can check out details of our Leh 2009 trip in the following link (although we did Srinagar-Leh-Shimla)
I am a fan of your travel patterns and read through a lot of your responses. Thanks, information you shared is extremely useful
Old 1st May 2010, 04:20   #4
BHPian

Well my boss was generous adn he approved our leaves. We will be leaving on 30th May and will be back by 13 June. I am putting together the details on Rock on 2010 . Have a look at it. Will share more on my return...
Old 6th May 2010, 13:13   #5
BHPian

Good Going, I am sure Leh'd on Rocks would be amazing.

From pics, it seems a small unit on special assignments. Your boss is amazing, I am working hard to become my boss so that these applications/approvals are from me, for me. Ride Safe, Enjoy safely, Share the adventure
Old 11th May 2010, 01:12   #6
BHPian

Got the Leaves...Dont know if my cars going to make it

U : I've got a situation on my hands.. my boss was / is kind enough to grant me to the leave approval. My dilema...well planning to drive from Pune to Delhi. Thats one part of my journey...its revvs up further when I start my 2nd phase.. Delhi onward to Reckon Peo. From what I hear..and read up (Thanks to hvkumar) ..things are looking good.

I'm more concerned at this point about how Skoda Octy 1.9 is going to take the summer months driving from Pune to Delhi..

Folks..Fellow skoda owners... let me know your comments. I would have personally loved to attempt the manali = leh route , if I had a set of monster wheels ( well figuratively speaking). I've gone till Keylong on a rented (self drive) Ford Endeavoour and ...what can I say.. Sheer sense of power and unstoppable motion to plough ahead. Cant say the Maruti Alto faired too well on that road. Again..not to hurt the sentiments of Alto owners.. its a great car..and it was obviously one of those bad days for the Alto. Imagine a visual where you see this alto dive into a pit full of slush..and never to come out of it again... Only till a commander jeeps pulls it out of the quagmire.
Old 11th May 2010, 19:31   #7
BHPian

Vankito: The route you are trying is common till Thanedar for lot of private vehicles so not much issues. Beyond that is HVK or Ramky's territory. but do expect some bone jarring and some crawling rides... better still go on rails so that you can reverse (no offence). Why dont you go the Ford Endeavor route.

why dont you share your experience renting a Ford Endeavor for 2009 Manali Keylong trip.

Offer's open for Sept second week Leh'd
Old 28th June 2010, 14:31   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vankito View Post
U : I've got a situation on my hands.. my boss was / is kind enough to grant me to the leave approval. My dilema...well planning to drive from Pune to Delhi. Thats one part of my journey...its revvs up further when I start my 2nd phase.. Delhi onward to Reckon Peo. From what I hear..and read up (Thanks to hvkumar) ..things are looking good.

I'm more concerned at this point about how Skoda Octy 1.9 is going to take the summer months driving from Pune to Delhi..

Folks..Fellow skoda owners... let me know your comments. I would have personally loved to attempt the manali = leh route , if I had a set of monster wheels ( well figuratively speaking). I've gone till Keylong on a rented (self drive) Ford Endeavoour and ...what can I say.. Sheer sense of power and unstoppable motion to plough ahead. Cant say the Maruti Alto faired too well on that road. Again..not to hurt the sentiments of Alto owners.. its a great car..and it was obviously one of those bad days for the Alto. Imagine a visual where you see this alto dive into a pit full of slush..and never to come out of it again... Only till a commander jeeps pulls it out of the quagmire.
I am also planning a trip to Leh with a few friends around next month. Could you please throw some light on the rented / self driven SUVs available for rent?
Where can I get them from and how much do they cost?
Any additional things that I should know?
Old 29th June 2010, 12:25   #9
BHPian

Though its somewhat grey, I know one of my colleague took a rental Ford Endeavour to Manali - Keylong trip . It was rented from Hertz, I am attaching their link

Fleet Guide,Car Rental Guide,Rental Car Guide,Online Car Hire Guide,Economy Car Rentals,Online Vehicle Rental Guide,Luxury Car Rental Services,Car Rental Guide,Car Rental Information Guide,Hire Luxury Car Vans,Standard Deluxe Carz on Rent,Premium Car

1. Deposit 50k, usually prefer credit card and will swipe for the value but not charge the amount
2. Daily 4.5 K and fuel (you pay)

Since he's a lil tied up, this is as much information, I'll try to get more

Last edited by Ushuaia : 29th June 2010 at 12:27. Reason: mistake

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks