Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 08:59   #1
BANNED

Is it safe to visit Hyderabad ?

HI

I'm planning to reach Hyderabad on 17th April.

As per the recent news, Indefinite Curfew has been imposed in Hyderabad and still not sure whether it will last longer or not.

In this context, I want to knowq whether it will be safe to visit Hyderabad while returning from Tadoba or shall I avoid it completely ?

In case experts advise to avoid it, then what route shall; I take from Tadoba to Bangalore so that my journey is safer because I'll be having my wife and my kids with me.

I look forward to quick replies from experts.
Old 31st March 2010, 10:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

When there is any kind of a unrest, I would keep away from those areas especially if I am travelling in a vehicle registered in a different state. I am not sure about alternate routes or their conditions though.
Old 31st March 2010, 10:38   #3
BANNED

As for as unrest in Hyderabad goes, the curfews has been enforced in some of the old city areas only. In other parts, the life is pretty normal. I would suggest to wait and watch the for one or two more days and then decide.
Old 31st March 2010, 10:43   #4
BHPian

the unrest is only in one side of the city due to communal issues and not the entire city. no issues to visit, i just spoke to my friend who is at hyderabad to confirm the same.
Old 31st March 2010, 10:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
HI

I'm planning to reach Hyderabad on 17th April.

As per the recent news, Indefinite Curfew has been imposed in Hyderabad and still not sure whether it will last longer or not.

In this context, I want to knowq whether it will be safe to visit Hyderabad while returning from Tadoba or shall I avoid it completely ?

In case experts advise to avoid it, then what route shall; I take from Tadoba to Bangalore so that my journey is safer because I'll be having my wife and my kids with me.

I look forward to quick replies from experts.
17th April,2010 is still a long long way and as it is there are no such major problems as have been reported in the media(call it the usual media hype,the news channels have been showing a war-like situation in Hyd which is far far from reality),yes there have been some problems for the past couple of days in areas near the Charminar,but no spillover effects in any other parts,my take is its absolutely safe and plus 17th april is still a good 17 days from today,
Old 31st March 2010, 11:09   #6
BANNED

Hi Ranjit and Srikanth

Asking in advance from experts was because I'll be leaving Bangalore on 8th and will be going to Shirdi, Tadoba and then returning to Bangalore via Hyderabad.

My current plan is to stop at Hyderabad for 2 night to have local sightseeing and shopping but it this unrest continues, then I've to find other alternate routes to avoid all Telangana Region.

In that case, I need expert advise. Further, in case a new route is there which is more scenic, and has lots of places to see, then I won't mind spending some extra hours.
Old 31st March 2010, 11:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ranjit and Srikanth

Asking in advance from experts was because I'll be leaving Bangalore on 8th and will be going to Shirdi, Tadoba and then returning to Bangalore via Hyderabad.

My current plan is to stop at Hyderabad for 2 night to have local sightseeing and shopping but it this unrest continues, then I've to find other alternate routes to avoid all Telangana Region.

In that case, I need expert advise. Further, in case a new route is there which is more scenic, and has lots of places to see, then I won't mind spending some extra hours.
I would say stick to your original plans,really dont think anything is going to happen so as to alter your plans,

Nevertheless if you want to consider another route,afaik it would be Chandrapur-Dhule-Nasik-Pune-NH4-Blore.it is going to be a very very long haul though.
Old 31st March 2010, 11:42   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

April 17th is way far out and i am confident this "unrest" will fizzle out well before then.

Been travelling to different part of city last couple of days and life is pretty much normal. Its just that people are keeping away from streets so traffic in general is light.

Keep track of news and dont let such trivial things change your plan from visiting this beautiful city
Old 31st March 2010, 11:49   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ranjit and Srikanth

Alternate route is given by Ranjit.

You can stick to your original plans, no issues dude and that too you got atleast 17 days, you will hear it by then.
Old 2nd April 2010, 20:22   #10
BANNED

Taking into the current prevailing curfew and unrest situation in and around Hyderabad, it looks like I've to change my plan.

Can anyone suggest me other routes to reach Bangalore from Tadoba.
Old 8th April 2010, 15:23   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Taking into the current prevailing curfew and unrest situation in and around Hyderabad, it looks like I've to change my plan.

As mentioned in my previous post. Your fears were without reason and you needn't change your plan passing through Hyd as you would have gone through the ORR and New(est) city which is Gachibowli.

Everything was good for outside visitors passing through Hyderabad before and is even better now.
Old 8th April 2010, 15:32   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Micro,
Stick to your plan.
No need for any change, things are very calm here except for some parts of the old city which are also near to normal now.

Take Banglore-Hyderabad (NH7)

Go through Hyderabad- Secunderabad, within half hour you will be on to NH 9 now you are on Hyd- Delhi highway, head towards Nagpur, but before Nagpur you need to take a right to Chandrapur and you are at Tadoba. Happy Tigers.
Regards,
Old 8th April 2010, 17:52   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Micro,
Stick to your plan.
No need for any change, things are very calm here except for some parts of the old city which are also near to normal now.

Take Banglore-Hyderabad (NH7)

Go through Hyderabad- Secunderabad, within half hour you will be on to NH 9 now you are on Hyd- Delhi highway, head towards Nagpur, but before Nagpur you need to take a right to Chandrapur and you are at Tadoba. Happy Tigers.
Regards,
Fazal Bhai, isnt that NH 7? NH9 is Hyderabad-Pune-Mumbai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks