Team-BHP - Kodaikanal or Munnar or Thekkady - Which place is better for 2 days in April?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Kodaikanal or Munnar or Thekkady - Which place is better for 2 days in April? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/79145-kodaikanal-munnar-thekkady-place-better-2-days-april.html)

Hey Folks.

I am planning a vacation between 29 April - 2nd May.

Place I have in mind is either Kodaikanal / Munnar /Thekkady. I have never been to any of these so I need recommendations from you guys on which is the better option for a two days' relaxed vacation (cooler weather) ? And kindly recommend a hotel/resort (Rs.3,500 per night for a double bedroom).

I intend to drive from Bangalore.

Thanks and proud to be a TBHPian :)

If its only for 2 days, I would say goto Kodai. The ideal place is Munnar. But if you want to really enjoy the place take another day off and then laze around the place. Thekkady is quite far for a single day drive all the way from Bangalore.

Don't go to Thekkady - it will be hot and crowded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwinsid (Post 1826598)
Hey Folks.

I am planning a vacation between 29 April - 2nd May.

Place I have in mind is either Kodaikanal / Munnar /Thekkady. I have never been to any of these so I need recommendations from you guys on which is the better option for a two days' relaxed vacation (cooler weather) ? And kindly recommend a hotel/resort (Rs.3,500 per night for a double bedroom).

I intend to drive from Bangalore.

Thanks and proud to be a TBHPian :)

Stay away from Thekkady,it is going to be super-HOT(in caps),Kodai is ideal for 2 days.

Carlton is the best,though rooms are priced around 5-7k.Nevertheless give it a try,

Else,Villa Retreat,Kodai International,Hill View and a quaint little homestay called Cinnabar

My pick is also Kodai. And roads are also very good. Thekkady will be hot, and munnar is far. So, will take most of the time in travel.

For 2 days, Kodai is good. Can someone add what are the temperatures there?

Thanks a ton guys.

I have holidays from 29 April to 2nd May. So I can either visit only Kodai, or Kodai+Munnar (dont know if it can be done leisurely).

As of now, planning Kodaikanal. I am really picky when it comes to Hotels. Checked Carlton and really impressed by it. But cost starts at Rs.8500 for a double bedroom per night. Was really impressed with Villa Retreat but read a few TBHPians say its not clean. Any inputs?

So I have decide on a good hotel at max 4K per night (valley /lake view preferred). And also any new /recommended routes for Bangalore - Kodaikanal - Bangalore.

Try Kodai International.
As for the route you can try Palani while going and Dindigul (NH7) while coming.

Reservations done at Villa retreat.

I will be driving from Bangalore International Airport at 4 AM. Can you folks please suggest which route to take from BIAL to Kodaikanal? Same route back to Bangalore?

Check this

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ur-munnar.html

You'll get some ideas.

If you can depart at 4AM sharp from BIAL, then I would say just drive through the city and take the elevated road. You should be able to cross electronic city in about one and quarter of an hour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwinsid (Post 1832841)
Reservations done at Villa retreat.

I will be driving from Bangalore International Airport at 4 AM. Can you folks please suggest which route to take from BIAL to Kodaikanal? Same route back to Bangalore?

I am also planning to visit Kodai, could you let me know how is this hotel?

and tariff?

Thx.

Niv,

My sincere advise to you would be to avoid visiting Kodaikanal. I just returned from this place. i personally didn't find anything nice in this place. this place is crowded like mad. I found the whole place of kodai is in absolute chaos. Brokers come and stand in front of your car asking for rooms and guides. Strange guys asking if we require for taxis, hotels , eating places. very strange.

Villa retreat is good unless you have not opted for the classic room.

Dont ever book room at Kodai Resort which is adjacent to villa retreat. Its being run by a lousy set of people. horrible bathrooms with broken tiles, stinking to hell, dark corners. Its a nightmare though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nandans2005 (Post 1882554)
Niv,

My sincere advise to you would be to avoid visiting Kodaikanal. I just returned from this place. i personally didn't find anything nice in this place. this place is crowded like mad. I found the whole place of kodai is in absolute chaos. Brokers come and stand in front of your car asking for rooms and guides. Strange guys asking if we require for taxis, hotels , eating places. very strange.

Villa retreat is good unless you have not opted for the classic room.

Ha, you missed to read the title.

jothi,

i have replied to Niv's query, not to the title of the thread, which is very old.

I have replied to what he has asked about Villa retreat.

anything wrong, let me know.