Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 11:10   #1
BHPian

Pune - Nashik - Shirdi - Mumbai. routes, hotel stay details required

Hi,

I will be traveling from chennai to pune with my family next month in SX4. I'll be reaching pune on 5th may evening, if everything goes as per plan. we have to visit shirdi, shaneeshwar and tryambakeshwar temples respectively. i have 2 days in hand for the above places.

can you please suggest, where to halt and stay in hotel for a night. can we stay in pune or nashik. since 5th may falls on Wednesday, the next day is Thursday and its difficult to go to shirdi on that particular day, cause it will over crowded. so please suggest the travel plans for the above places. after seeing all the places, we have to travel back to Dadar(mumbai). so is it feasible to halt in pune or can we go directly to nashik and stay there.

Also I would like to know any good budget hotels with good food and service.

thanks in advance.
Uday
Old 19th April 2010, 12:32   #2

Check my post - Mumbai to Shirdi via Sinnar
Old 19th April 2010, 12:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
we have to visit shirdi, shaneeshwar and tryambakeshwar temples respectively. i have 2 days in hand for the above places.

which way you are coming to pune?

if you are travelling by NH4, then you should halt at pune on 5th may.

you have to start early on 6th and follow the route.

pune-4 lane state highway-ranjangaon[ take darshan of ashtvinyak ganapati/ max 30 min]-ahamadnagar-continue on 4 lane toward aurangabad-ghodegaon[ 30 km from a'nagar]-left turn-5 km single road-shani shinganapur[ shanishwar]

it will take max 2 hours here for darshan.

shani shinganapur-continue on small road for 30 km-you will touch to a'nagar shirdi road-right turn-40 km-shirdi.

take darshan at shirdi.
if you have finished darshan @ 6pm at shirdi, i suggest, move to nasik via sinner otherwise stay at shirdi.

next day from nasik or shirdi

nasik-trimbakeshwar-nasik[ 60 km to and fro].
do go to kalaram temple at nasik and godawari ghat.

you can easily reach to mumbai upto max 9pm via igatpuri.

if you are coming to pune via solapur, then travel plan will be totally different.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 19th April 2010 at 12:50.
Old 19th April 2010, 18:08   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
which way you are coming to pune?

if you are travelling by NH4, then you should halt at pune on 5th may.
==============
if you are coming to pune via solapur, then travel plan will be totally different.
Thanks ashish for your timely reply.

yes we will traveling from Chennai through NH4. please suggest some good hotels in pune.
Old 19th April 2010, 19:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
please suggest some good hotels in pune.
I never stayed in any hotel in Pune, so, i can't recommend any hotel unless i stayed there.
Tomorrow, i will pm you some hotel numbers in Pune, Shirdi and Nasik.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 19th April 2010 at 19:21.
Old 19th April 2010, 20:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

I too have never stayed in hotel in Pune, but there are few good hotels on Apte Road (parallel to JM Road) like Kohinoor, Shreyas, Surya etc.
Old 19th April 2010, 20:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks ashish for your timely reply.

yes we will traveling from Chennai through NH4. please suggest some good hotels in pune.
I would recommend the following hotel in Pune

Cocoon Service Hotel

Cocoon Service Hotel - Local Area

Cocoon Service Hotel - Contact Us

PUNE

This recommendation is based on the route suggested by Ashish. Since the hotel is located within Magarpatta city you will not have to go into Pune city at all. On the pune sholapur road just after Hadapsar you turn right into Magarpatta Road and a couple of Kms is the Magarpatta city gate. Easy to locate even in the dead of night. In the morning the same magarpatta road takes you to Pune Nagar road for your onward journey to Shani Shingnapur and Shirdi via Ranjangaon per Ashish's route. The hotel has an inaugral offer of 3750/- so you can avail of the same with complimentary breakfast.

I stay in hotels in and around Pune atleast twice every month and for the location and facilities the inaugral offer is unbeatable as it allows you to save on the most precious commodity that is 'time' for your specific journey. Trust me you do not want to be stuck in Pune traffic any time of the day especially in the city.

Ashish will also agree that it is a gem of a location.

Shirdi

I would recommend the following hotels
Hotel Sai leela

Shraddha Inn Shirdi, Book Hotels in Shirdi: Sarovar Hotels & Resorts

I have stayed at both properties in Shirdi and each is good at its own price point. I have also experienced the Sun and Sand at Shirdi but I feel for an overnight trip it is priced a little too high and the facilities are three star at best.

Nasik

The recommended hotel is the Ginger. It is a budget hotel operated by the TAJ group. Again Ideally located for your trip to Trimbakeshwar on the Nasik Trimbakeshwar road and reasonably priced at around 2K on an average.

Ginger hotels l Ginger Nashik | Hotel profile

Again I stay at Gingers all over the country. Value for money.

Looking at the dates however you will reach Shirdi on the 6th which is a Thursday. Depending on what time you are reaching Pune I could recommend a hotel in Ranjangaon MIDC itself which is 50Kms out of Pune on Nagar road towards Shirdi. This will save you from a horde of slow moving traffic while leaving Pune on 6th morning. However you will not have any life around you in the evening except for factories. The area however is safe to stay in and no trouble of any sorts.

Another alternative but the otherway round is to leave for Nasik early morning on the 6th and after visiting Trimabekashwar proceed to Shirdi. Take Darshan on 6th evening and/or 7th morning(friday) stay overnight in Shirdi and proceed to Shani Shingnapur early morning on 7th and onwards to Bombay. If you find this hectic, then stay in Nasik overnight and leave early morning for Shirdi followed by Shani Singnapur and onwards to Bombay.

If the experts are OK with this route let me know then I will suggest hotels in Pune but located across the city at the other end, right on the opening of the Pune Nasik Highway for stay on 5th night so that again you do not have to cut across any city Traffic in Pune.

Disclaimer : I am not related to the hospitality industry or to any of the above hotels in any which way.

Last edited by khoj : 19th April 2010 at 21:08.
Old 20th April 2010, 00:49   #8
Senior - BHPian

We travelled to Shirdi from Chennai last summer - but by flight (to pune and then taxi to Shirdi).

I can't comment on routes or things in Pune, but in Shirdi I honestly suggest you stay at Shraddha Inn.

Great hotel, decent price. Everything was really clean and neat and food was great (we had better sambar here than in Chennai )! Also they offer a free qualis to ferry you to the temple and back. Besides the hotel has a pool and a small games room (ping pong and some other stuff) which will keep the kid's happy!

Old 12th December 2014, 09:28   #9
BHPian

Re: Pune - Nashik - Shirdi - Mumbai. routes, hotel stay details required

Folks,

Pls update on latest condition of this route.

Planning to drive down from Shirdi to Powai with a 8 month old kid and Sr.Citizens in a Manza QJD, mid next week.

Thanks in advance.
Maverick79.
Old 22nd March 2015, 09:37   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, we are planning a Shirdi visit in June end. Our too and fro tickets from Delhi depend on the route suggestion, whether we fly down to Pune or Mumbai. 9 adults (3 senior citizens) and one infant. Any update on route will be highly appreciated. We will be taking the least problematic route for them.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 22nd March 2015 at 09:40.
Old 22nd March 2015, 11:59   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Guys, we are planning a Shirdi visit in June end. Our too and fro tickets from Delhi depend on the route suggestion, whether we fly down to Pune or Mumbai. 9 adults (3 senior citizens) and one infant. Any update on route will be highly appreciated. We will be taking the least problematic route for them.
Hi Bone Collector (Denzil Washington )

We visited Shirdi 16th and 17th March 2015 from Bombay (do not know about the road from Pune). The route is via Thane to Shirdi. Its a more or less a straight road to Shirdi with signage along the way. Once you reach the elevated road in Nasik, take the first exit (off the elevated road), you will come to a Dwarka circle (a roundabout). Take a right, its a main road, then follow the road, its marked all the way to Shirdi. The road overall is fine, only a 2 km stretch is pot-holed. The total distance is about 270 kms.

In Shirdi, we stayed at the Sai Leela hotel which is 5 minutes from the temple. The hotel has a mini bus to take you to and fro. Its INR 2590.00 inclusive of taxes for a double ac room which is clean and decent. In case you are interested the hotel numbers are +91 2423 255288/255289/255139.

Have a safe trip!

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 12:22   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post

Hi Bone Collector (Denzil Washington )

We visited Shirdi 16th and 17th March 2015 from Bombay

Have a safe trip!

Cheers
Thanks a lot. We are also contemplating a train journey considering my father can't take longer road journeys. Thanks for the Hotel numbers.

The name is not inspired by Denzel Washington movie but my profession, I'm an Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Old 22nd March 2015, 14:27   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks a lot. We are also contemplating a train journey considering my father can't take longer road journeys. Thanks for the Hotel numbers.
If you are considering a train journey, then look for train to Kopargaon. Shirdi is half an hour from here. Most trains stop here because of Shirdi.
Old 22nd March 2015, 14:36   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The name is not inspired by Denzel Washington movie but my profession, I'm an Orthopaedic Surgeon.
You are welcome pal. Under the circumstances a train journey would be the way to go.

Very cool handle to go with your profession!

Cheers
Old 22nd March 2015, 18:27   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, just a thought.

You are planing to visit Shirdi. There are three working Airports to connect to Shirdi. Distance of Airport to Shirdi, Mumbai > Pune > Aurangabad.

Ref https://www.google.co.in/webhp?sourc...hirdi+distance

Now Aurangabad, also has some traffic in terms of flights comming from Delhi.

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=de...sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Aurangabad is hot and arid city, and will also be June, but similar will be all other city as well.

Land in Aurangabad via flight from Delhi, Aurangabad is a tourist place as well so plenty options for Hotel, book one.
Book a Taxi from Aurangabad to take you to visit Shirdi. You can add Shani Shingnapur, if you like. Aurangabad to Shirdi is the least distance plus Airport connectivity.

And Aurangabad has beautiful places to visit.

Hope this helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks