Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2010, 11:10   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumars View Post
I agree, but just to be on the safer side felt prmd_cochin should get the tickets booked at a time he thinks is appropriate as this is the holiday season.
There were times when I have waited in the Tirupathi bus stand stranded even in afternoons as most buses were full and this was last year.
Then I would really I have been lucky ! I have been 4 times with KSRTC Volvo to and fro thrice and once with APSRTC Volvo!
And all the four times, I got the afternoon volvo with Darshan getting over in two hours !

Every time we used to end-up in either in Bhimas or at Mayura hotel near bus stand, have a hearty meal and hop on to a Volvo!

Last edited by ampere : 22nd April 2010 at 11:14.
Old 23rd April 2010, 10:56   #17
BHPian

By the way, I want to ask one question although this is related to the train route to Tirupathi. There is this Hari Priya express, I think which could take one from Bangalore to Tirupathi. How is that, guys? If anyone has used that, kindly share your experience.

Cheers
Old 23rd April 2010, 11:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Haripriya express does not come to Bangalore. It starts from Kolhapur. From Bangalore, there is a daily train, the Mysore-Tirupati Fast Passenger. It leaves Bangalore at 20.30 & reaches at 05.30.
Old 23rd April 2010, 11:31   #19
BHPian

Hi addyhemmige,

Thanks a lot for the correction. I think I was confused but I still am a bit confused because there is one train from Kolhapur to Bangalore as well. I was imagining that was called Haripriya but from your correction, I apparently was wrong. Anyway, thanks once again for the info

Regards
Old 23rd April 2010, 17:48   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akadian View Post
Hi addyhemmige,

Thanks a lot for the correction. I think I was confused but I still am a bit confused because there is one train from Kolhapur to Bangalore as well. I was imagining that was called Haripriya but from your correction, I apparently was wrong. Anyway, thanks once again for the info

Regards
Anyway Volvo is a much much better deal, unless your are a rail freak !
Old 26th April 2010, 10:54   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Anyway Volvo is a much much better deal, unless your are a rail freak !
Hi Ampere,

That is not strictly true, man. I mean agreed that Volvo is usually quicker than trains on these routes like Kolhapur Bangalore and Bangalore Tirupathi etc. But a train allows you to stretch your limbs and sleep comfortably. I've traveled many a times by Volvo (KSRTC Airawath) but on longer stretches it has left me sore and tired compared to travelling sleeper class in a train

Cheers
Old 26th April 2010, 21:24   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akadian View Post
Hi Ampere,

That is not strictly true, man. I mean agreed that Volvo is usually quicker than trains on these routes like Kolhapur Bangalore and Bangalore Tirupathi etc. But a train allows you to stretch your limbs and sleep comfortably. I've traveled many a times by Volvo (KSRTC Airawath) but on longer stretches it has left me sore and tired compared to travelling sleeper class in a train

Cheers
Totally agree on your point. (In fact I am also a rail freak !).
But for five hour journeys I would prefer the Volvo.
Old 27th April 2010, 10:33   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Totally agree on your point. (In fact I am also a rail freak !).
But for five hour journeys I would prefer the Volvo.
Hi Ampere,

Fully in agreement on that point. For shorter distances, nothing like a Volvo definitely. The superior suspension and ride quality can make a short journey really effortless if you are travelling by a Volvo bus

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks