Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2009, 15:56   #16
BHPian

Souvik - That is the month even I am planning to drive to Ladakh. Only problem is no of days, managing 30 days leave seems distant dream. I am planning a bit moderate 18-20 days from Pune-Ladakh-Pune trip. Hope we can work it out together at least one way.
Old 28th October 2009, 16:26   #17
BHPian

Sure Advait.

I guess if you have 18-20 days, you can do the "actual" Ladakh bit and leave parts of J&K aside. There is still time and I am sure we will get in touch soon to go over the details.

Souvik
Old 28th October 2009, 20:36   #18
BHPian

Interesting.. Am plannning a trip myself from Bangalore to Leh. I was convinced earlier that it may not be feasible to do in a Corolla, and was looking alternatives of renting out a Safari or ( buying a Fortuner , wishful thinking ). But there are travelogues of guys having done it in Swift and you guys planning as well. I may be able to squeeze in 21-22 days but four weeks is a little tough in my company but it is quiet feasible

Will be very interested to join you guys in the drive...And I will be starting from Bangalore. My only suggestions will be ..

If you start early, say by 4:00 or even 5:00 in the morning, you can anticipate to go upto Manor having bypassed Bombay on first day itself and next day plan on being closer to Delhi/Gurgaon. I do Bangalore - Pune often and when I started from Bangalore early morning, managed to reach Pune by 5:00 and from there to Manor will be another 3.5-4 hours I guess. So, we can reach there by 9:00-9:30 types, start the next day and go upto Behror and third day we could be touching HP.

The roads are pretty good in this stretch and only place where I felt little stressed with truck traffic was from Bombay - Surat in my recent Rajasthan trip, where I went upto Jaipur from Bangalore. Having done that I am pretty confident that Bangalore - Manor - Behror in two days is quiet feasible of course with some spirited driving.

May be we can take this offline through PM and plan the details. My drive will be Corolla and it has currently 68k. In another year it will definitely do 20k and I guess it will be ok as I never had any issues with the car so far.

Nainar
Old 28th October 2009, 23:46   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
Souvik - That is the month even I am planning to drive to Ladakh. Only problem is no of days, managing 30 days leave seems distant dream. I am planning a bit moderate 18-20 days from Pune-Ladakh-Pune trip. Hope we can work it out together at least one way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvik View Post
Sure Advait.

I guess if you have 18-20 days, you can do the "actual" Ladakh bit and leave parts of J&K aside. There is still time and I am sure we will get in touch soon to go over the details.

Souvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
Interesting.. Am plannning a trip myself from Bangalore to Leh.

Will be very interested to join you guys in the drive...And I will be starting from Bangalore.

May be we can take this offline through PM and plan the details. My drive will be Corolla and it has currently 68k. In another year it will definitely do 20k and I guess it will be ok as I never had any issues with the car so far.

Nainar
Hi Nainar, Souvik, Advait,
Ive been planning the exact same trip for either Apr/May or Sep 2K10 - would want to explore the idea of joining the convoy if feasible.

Can we discuss this in greater detail offline?

cheers,
Zensi
Old 29th October 2009, 00:06   #20
lsp
BHPian

Good luck guys for organising this trip!!
I have been dying to get Leh'd for a while now.

I just hope that by Sep '10 I am back in India and my hands are on a vehicle capable of fulfilling this dream of mine (and a willing Boss sanctioning the leave).

Good luck to you and I am sure with the number of helpful folks out here you can plan your journey very well.
Old 29th October 2009, 00:13   #21
BHPian

Hi Zensi,

I replied back to your PM.

Hi Nainar,

Welcome aboard.

Yes, we have to meet and put some tight plans in place. I have another 4-5 Swifts that will be in the convoy.

Souvik
Old 6th November 2009, 23:22   #22
Senior - BHPian

@ Souvik
If the trip falls between july-august, I am game. Advantage of studying in a autonomous engg college is two months break.
But, I don't have a ride, will have to hitch in with you guys. If all works out fine, I can join you guys, provided you don't mind taking a talkative 20 yr old with you
Old 7th November 2009, 16:18   #23
BHPian

july 2010 - ladakh plans

guys,

good to find out that there will be more bhp convoys for ladakh trip next year. Am making the trip in July 2010 in a scorpio. 3 friends are coming to delhi from bangalore to join me on this trip. Mine will be a total of 14 days break. Have been chalking out the detailed route plans but not finalised as yet. Souvik - your itenary would be helpful for me.

so if you guys are making plans in july, let me know. We can have a nice convoy.
Old 8th November 2009, 22:57   #24
BHPian

@sachinj12: Sure, no worries. Will keep you posted.

@Sourav: Not too sure on the final month yet since there are a few items I want to cover. Will let you know as soon as the final dates are known. Will be great to convoy together.

Souvik
Old 31st December 2009, 19:21   #25
BHPian

Zensi, Advait, Nainar
This is Rajain, based in Bangalore and planning to do this in June (failing which Sept). Souvik and I touched base last week. I would be travelling from 15 Jan for a couple of weeks. Happy to meet before that. For those of you who are in Bangalore and work around EGL complex we can all meet up at the EGL food court. Souvik is also not too far and I am sure can join in.
Meanwhile here's wishing all of you a very happy and adventrous new year
Rajain
Old 1st January 2010, 13:35   #26
BHPian

Hi Rajain,

Wish you and every one a happy new year.

That sounds cool. June means you can see fresh snow as well.. I live in Koramangal and EGL is not too far. Would definitely want to catch up to understand the travel plans. Right now am in Pune( Of course drove down from Bagnalore ) and will be back this Sunday. Some one proposed 9th Jan as possible date for a meet up. We can do that if it suits every one.

Nainar
Old 14th March 2010, 10:07   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hey folks, how is the plan progressing? Any updates?
Old 15th March 2010, 16:02   #28
BHPian

I can Probably join in July/August of 2010. My drive would be Swift.

Do Folks think Leh & Nearby (via Sringar-Leh-Manali) would be doing in 15 days from Mumbai ?
Old 15th March 2010, 16:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

You can check out a 16-day plan, Bombay to Bombay, covering the Valleys of Kashmir, Zanskar, Leh, Nubra, Panging, Tso Moriri, Lahaul, Spiti & Kinnaur.

Check out our trip details:
LADAKH Sep 2009 - hvkumar | Google Groups
Old 15th March 2010, 20:36   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Just FYI: I propose to utilise the 17-day school break in Delhi during the CWG to make a trip to Leh. Plans in progress.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks