Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2010, 12:07   #31
BHPian

Myself n three of us are planning a Ladakh sojourn in Sept-Oct - is there anyone else from Blr planning to do the trip at that time?
I am beginning to work of the details .. some parts of it fit with what souvik had started off. Will come out with a detailed plan soon.
Choice of cars - Swift, Safari 4wd or hopefully my Punto! This is also to be decided
Old 16th March 2010, 17:56   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
You can check out a 16-day plan, Bombay to Bombay, covering the Valleys of Kashmir, Zanskar, Leh, Nubra, Panging, Tso Moriri, Lahaul, Spiti & Kinnaur.

Check out our trip details:
LADAKH Sep 2009 - hvkumar | Google Groups

Mr.Kumar

I have saved your trip details.

Could you please advise the things to be checked
/ serviced required for scorpio before such trip
and whether I require to add any additional
gear / Tools on top of standard fitted / supplied.

Cheers
Old 16th March 2010, 23:36   #33
BHPian

Hey guys!
Nice to know that a lot of folks here have driven to Leh. Well I have a few queries as well. My friends and me are planning up a trip to Leh between July 10-July 23rd for the Ladakh Confluence '10. Its a music/art festival held for 5 days! We do not intend on driving instead we will be flying to Delhi and taking a public transport to Manali. Now from Manali we want to rent a vehicle (with driver) and head to Leh. Distance is 474 clicks. Could someone please let me know the charge for a 4wd/car to take us there. We will be a max of 5 people. Preferably if all of us could fit in 1 car it would be great. Any idea of how much they charge per km up north?

PS: If any one is interested to attend the Ladakh Confluence, please do. Its a great festival. Link is posted below:-

The Ladakh Confluence
Old 16th March 2010, 23:58   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Hey guys!
Nice to know that a lot of folks here have driven to Leh. Well I have a few queries as well. My friends and me are planning up a trip to Leh between July 10-July 23rd for the Ladakh Confluence '10. Its a music/art festival held for 5 days! We do not intend on driving instead we will be flying to Delhi and taking a public transport to Manali. Now from Manali we want to rent a vehicle (with driver) and head to Leh. Distance is 474 clicks. Could someone please let me know the charge for a 4wd/car to take us there. We will be a max of 5 people. Preferably if all of us could fit in 1 car it would be great. Any idea of how much they charge per km up north?

PS: If any one is interested to attend the Ladakh Confluence, please do. Its a great festival. Link is posted below:-

The Ladakh Confluence
rjalihal, The Taxi rates from Manali to Leh would be very high during season time. It varies from 12-14k for a 2 day trip with a night stay at Keylong / Jispa / Sarchhu.

A 2WD vehicle can easily do the trip and I would recommend a Scorpio / Sumo which will be more comfortable than say a Qualis / Innova / Tavera.

To hire a taxi you can approach the Manali taxi union office which is just a stone's throw away from the Bus stand.

During off season the taxi rates do come down. We paid 4.5k for a Sumo to do a 2 day trip to Leh with a night halt at Keylong in the 2nd week of Sept, 2009.
Old 17th March 2010, 18:35   #35
BHPian

Plan: Hyderabad to Leh,
When: Either July ( For Confluence) or September
How: 1 Thunder Bird, 1 Zen (may replace with bike, if All is Well!!)
Who: Team-member from office, Self, Dad (Will try to Coax him)
Mode: Personal/Official (Adventure/Charity trip, trying to convince our PR Manager)

Time in hand: 10 days
Stop-over durations:8 PM - 4 AM
Accommodation: Mostly friends and relatives, after Manali in own tents (relive memories) http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...eh-1996-a.html

Route: Hyderabad > Sholapur > Pune (our other office) > Mumbai > Vapi > Baroda > Ahmedabad (Pit Stop) > Udaipur > Ajmer > Jaipur > Gurgaon (Home-stay, Coax Dad, home cooked food) > Karnal > Chandigarh (will bypass, per suggestion) > Bilaspur (Night Stay) > Manali (Stay-over, repairs, supplies) > Rohtang la > Tandi > Darcha (Stop-over) > Leh >>>Additional destinations
Old 3rd April 2010, 13:30   #36
BHPian

Hi, i am planning to do the trip from Bangalore, although it would be mostly during end July and first week of August. I am planning 22-23 days

Is anyone else planning to do it during this time ? My last preference is to do it in September, since its peak season at work.

Cheers
Vinay
Old 3rd April 2010, 18:34   #37
Senior - BHPian

isnt september the end of the season and jun-jul the peak season to go to leh?

i would rather do it off season , and hence would like to do it in sept.
Old 5th April 2010, 11:56   #38
BHPian

I am also (tentative) planning a trip in September in my Honda City if any one want to join then most welcome I will be driving from Delhi and will go there for two weeks 15 days.

Please let me know the dates so I can I can accompany you guys with your swift's.
Old 5th April 2010, 20:40   #39
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Had sort of gone into hibernation regarding the Ladakh trip, which was supposed to take place last year. Unfortunately due to various circumstances, couldn't undertake the journey.
In the mean time was avidly following and reading up on the travelogues posted by fellow Bhpians of their trips on Tbhp. Special thanks to HVK, MileCruncher, Locomotive, KSM-Vtec, ABK, Sha, Laluks, tsk1979, lordof gondor, suman and a whole host of others, for posting some brilliant travelogues. All of you have been a source of immense inspiration.

So I am finally heading to Ladakh this year in mid July. We are four guys travelling in my Bolero. Am in the process of getting things ready in respect to the car. Am attaching a tentative itinerary for the journey. Any TBhpians interested in forming a convoy are most welcome.

Gautam.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Ladakh Itinerary.xls (30.0 KB, 429 views)
Old 5th April 2010, 21:40   #40
Senior - BHPian

@ BB

Read through the spread sheet. I think I can make it (provided my parents agree. That's one tough part for sure). Bangy folks, if someone is ok with BolBolero's itinerary I might tag along with you.

OT: Where is Souvnik? His last post was in mid-jan, no updates from him yet.
Old 5th April 2010, 23:34   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captdey View Post
Mr.Kumar

I have saved your trip details.

Could you please advise the things to be checked
/ serviced required for scorpio before such trip
and whether I require to add any additional
gear / Tools on top of standard fitted / supplied.

Cheers
Just saw your post today. In the same link that you have referred above, there is a sub-link that points to a checklist for the Scorpio.
Old 6th April 2010, 10:26   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
Hi Guys,
Any TBhpians interested in forming a convoy are most welcome.
Gautam.
I am in for september but thanks a ton for reducing my efforts and helping me , I can also follow the same plan for Delhi ~ Leh~ Delhi.
Old 6th April 2010, 16:35   #43
BHPian

@akaushik- most welcome man.

A query for the gurus :- Will it be possible to go to MarsimekLa in the Bolero? Its a 2wd. Would love to cover that pass if possible!
Old 6th April 2010, 16:41   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

A query for the gurus :- Will it be possible to go to MarsimekLa in the Bolero? Its a 2wd. Would love to cover that pass if possible!
I'm very sceptical, although a 2WD Scorpio is supposed to have climbed it.
Old 6th April 2010, 17:29   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

4X2 will be tough, though you can try till the point you can not proceed further. But I am not sure if its worth trying
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks