BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushuaia View Post
Souvik -

Though not much researched, here is my plan, having done these routes before
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...eh-2010-a.html
Amended list
Plan: Hyderabad to Leh
When: Either July ( For Confluence) [not happening]or September (2nd Week)[Still on]
How: 1 Thunder Bird,[Dropping off] 1 Zen (could be replaced!!)[cant be replaced, if at all Zen'd to Leh]
Who: Team-member from office, Self, Dad (Will try to Coax him) [no one accompanying doing it alone]
Mode: Personal/Official (Adventure/Charity trip, trying to convince our PR Manager) [ more likely semi-official]
Stay: Mostly on my own
Dude I am also planning a trip during same time and can join you from Delhi.. I will be driving Honda City , Please let me know if we can plan something together.
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:53   #77
BHPian

Updated - 1st Leg

Hi,

This is what after rounds of discussion and queries in this awesome forum, I finalized is going go be. This is just the 1st leg (or in other words the 1st 17 days of the trip looks like).

I am reworking my 2nd leg now since I am contemplating going to Lahaul, Spiti and Nako instead of the original plan of J&K.

The 1st Leg is on the assumption that I will get the permits in advance, which I am very sure on.

Leaving from Bangalore on 3rd Sep 2010.

Day 1: Bangalore - Pune
Day 2: Pune - Udaipur
Day 3: Udaipur – Chandigargh
Day 4: Buffer
Day 5: Chandigargh - Manali
Day 6: Buffer - Car Check / Organize EPs from earlier made contact
Day 7: Manali - Rothang Pass - Koskar - Tandi - Keylong - Jispa - Dercha - Baralacha Pass - Sarchu
Day 8: Sarchu - Brandy Nallah - Whisky Nallah - Gata Loops - Nakee La - Lachung La - Pang - Moore Plains - Tso Kar - Puga - Sumdo - Namshang La - Tso Kiagar - Tso Moriri (Korzok)
Day 9: Tso Moriri (Korzok) - Mahe - Chumathang - Kumdok - Upshi - Karu
Day 10: Karu (Or Upshi) - Pangong Tso
Day 11: Pangong Tso - Marsimik La (M-Top) - Pangong Tso
Day 12: Pangong Tso - Leh and night stay
Day 13: Hundar - Panamik - Hundar (Panamik Hot Springs on way - nothing fancy)
Day 14: Hundar - Diskit - Khardung La (K-Top) - Leh
Day 15: Buffer - Car Check at Leh
Day 16: Leh - Sight Seeing
Day 17: An additional Buffer Day added here to cover for unforeseen issues if any.

Day 18 onwards is Leg 2.

Souvik
Old 5th May 2010, 18:20   #78
BHPian

Hi Souvik,

I am planning 1st to 13th Sept, Hyd -Nagpur - Agra Delhi- Manali-Leh and back. Earlier plan was through Pune - Mumbai but due to time constraints dropping this route.
Old 5th May 2010, 20:03   #79
Senior - BHPian

I am doing it starting May end, three cars as of now
Want to get Leh’d in 2010 for 30 days – Suggestions please-leh-plan.jpg
Old 5th May 2010, 20:20   #80
BHPian

Thanks RK. I am sure your logs will be the 1st on in 2010 on Leh. So I will keep a wide eye open for that one and make any amendments if necessary for my trip.

Souvik
Old 5th May 2010, 20:50   #81
BHPian

@RKBharat : You plan sounds exactly what i am planning. Is a Xylo good enough to traverse through Ladakh in May or do we need a 4WD??? Also , could you gimme a ballpark figure on the expenses per head for your plan?
Old 5th May 2010, 21:02   #82
BHPian

@rkbharat, you are doing it once again this year!
You are the lucky one.

@nix1976in, we did see more Xylos than scorpio last year. Most of them were JK (local) ones.
Old 5th May 2010, 21:16   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nix1976in View Post
@RKBharat : You plan sounds exactly what i am planning. Is a Xylo good enough to traverse through Ladakh in May or do we need a 4WD??? Also , could you gimme a ballpark figure on the expenses per head for your plan?
Xylo will do perfect, no need of 4WD. Just go ahead and have fun. attached current estimate and per person. if you want I can share full planning file with almost every details
Name:  Leh Estimate.bmp
Views: 679
Size:  517.6 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
@rkbharat, you are doing it once again this year!
You are the lucky one.
2nd in 9 months , this is purely for photography, I know exactly where I will be, also I will cover Turtuk from Nubra and Tso Moriri, and Hanle if possible

Last edited by rkbharat : 5th May 2010 at 21:24.
Old 5th May 2010, 22:32   #84
BHPian

Bharat, I too is planning to do Leh again this year same time frame may 29th to June 15th as previous year!!, have sent you a PM, please share the details of your plan here or send it on PM

-Pramod
Old 6th May 2010, 00:58   #85
BHPian

@RK...this works out well. Do you think we can sync up in Srinagar (coz i am planning to come via Jaipur - Chandigarh- Amritsar) and then tag along? Are you going to make prior bookings for the accomodation since it would be peak seaon? Let me know.
Old 6th May 2010, 08:19   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Bharat, I too is planning to do Leh again this year same time frame may 29th to June 15th as previous year!!, have sent you a PM, please share the details of your plan here or send it on PM

-Pramod
Pramod, link shared

Quote:
Originally Posted by nix1976in View Post
@RK...this works out well. Do you think we can sync up in Srinagar (coz i am planning to come via Jaipur - Chandigarh- Amritsar) and then tag along? Are you going to make prior bookings for the accomodation since it would be peak seaon? Let me know.
why not, lets sync up somewhere, have PMed you my detail plan.

We are 3 cars as of now, A Dzire with friend and Wife and I suggested him to do all the booking in advance. A Tata safari with 5 pax, they are trying to book BSNL Guest Houses as one of the guy is BSNL employee and another one is Tata employee (see that's all you need BSNL and Tata).

My SX4 have three people including myself, and I am planning to book only till Srinagar, beyond that I will just call on the way, I have identified the place(and backup places) where I will be staying.

we should definetly find something in Kargil, Leh, Nubra and Tangste. I am bit unsure about Tso Moriri though, and last anything in Manali will be fine as it is just a stopover

Fortunately or Unfortunately I had to do all the preps well in advance as I might be in Spain a week before the trip for something official.

So all tools stacked, Tow Rope, Jump Start Cable, Bottle type Hydraulic Jack, All Tools, Foot Pump, Emergency Jump start mini battery, Electric Pump and all the stuff I had from last year.

car was serviced yesterday, finally I moved to all weather Mobil 1 synthetic 0w40, all belts, bolts, electricals, battery checked, front brake pads changed, were 30K old and could have managed another 5K km, but not good for trip. Bush kit for front shocker changed.

Only thing missing is Jerry Can, and for that also I have found the source for new Army type jerry cans. They supply to Indian Ordinance and overseas and quoted 2200 for two 20 Liter Steel jerry cans with tax and freight charge (from kanpur). Only hurdle is that they can not sell without a TIN number of the buyer in India. so I am arranging that.

last is spares, I will carry, Concentrated Coolant, some engine oil, 250 ml brake oil, and essential belts

Last edited by rkbharat : 6th May 2010 at 08:36.
Old 6th May 2010, 08:49   #87
Senior - BHPian

BTW thanks to HVK ji for the review of my first draft plan and providing some great tips and correction, that to almost at midnight, live on google docs , you rock HVK ji. I will sit with him again once I have the final version, which i almost there
Old 6th May 2010, 12:55   #88
BHPian

RK,

Talk to some small auto spares guy in known circles for TIN. You can try Sadar Bazar in Cantt for these things

disposed off two, 1 year old army issue cpl of months back.
Old 6th May 2010, 13:02   #89
BHPian

Souvik,

I would probably be ahead by day or two, let me know if you need anything before hand post Manali.

Akaushik

Are you referring to my old plan, coz the dates are now in September. Happy to have company, though most of my travel mates, would camp out in the open with own arrangements.
Old 8th May 2010, 17:28   #90
BHPian

Planning to do Mumbai - Leh from August 19 to September 11, 2010. Hope to bump into BHP bretheren. Still finalising on the itenerary, pretty excited about the plan. We are four of us in a Swift (or may be a Xylo, if i end up buying one before the trip!). Worried about the GC for Swift (with 4 pax+luggage), but come what may, we are defintiely getting Leh'd this summer..!

@Souvik: great plan. Please let me know if you know any agents who could help us for an advance permit in Tso Moriri. Plan to to do Mumbai - Manali- Sarchu - Tso Moriri and then head for Leh. Thanks!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks