Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2010, 16:35   #16
BHPian

The video is of the road after the check post.
I'm taking a wild guess here but the main road from this point was about 10 to 15 kms. I might be wrong.

The board read "Rajiv Gandhi National Park".

@ rjstyles69, is this the same road?

On another note, i possibly spotted two gaurs in the distance.

Bangalore-Kuruva Island Roa Condition Required-dsc06985.jpg
Old 23rd April 2010, 17:36   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornin70s View Post

@rjstyles69, are the pictures of the road, recent? Look exactly like the area i passed through but the roads were a little bumpier than what it looks like. Il try to upload a video to let you know what i mean.

Still definitely do-able though because its just a few kms.
Can a sedan (Accent) do this?

Also, any luck with wild life sightings since this is really getting into the forest?

Regards
Rex
Old 23rd April 2010, 18:43   #18
BHPian

Not too sure about wildlife sightings. Quite a lot of cars and trucks go by this way. Most of the animals might be scared off. Probably just elephants, deer and Gaurs, just because there are quite a lot of them in Nagarhole.

I'm sure a sedan can do it. A Honda Civic just passed by in the video i've uploaded. Saw lots of other sedans as well.
Old 23rd April 2010, 19:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@rjstyles69, are the pictures of the road, recent? Look exactly like the area i passed through but the roads were a little bumpier than what it looks like.

Still definitely do-able though because its just a few kms.
Its just that the picture is a little deceiving and IMO it was a bumpy ride but surely manageable. I did this route in the last week of Jan. En-route I simply took a detour since I saw a local jeep taking it. He asked me to follow it and half way thru I realized that this was the same route that we took for the Safari from JLR.

I had clicked this pic some time back during my JLR getaway and hence added it. The Modern Motors Service bus still runs 2 trips a day Mysore- Mananthavady via Bavali on the same route. Go for it is all I can say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post
Can a sedan (Accent) do this?

Also, any luck with wild life sightings since this is really getting into the forest?

Regards
Rex
Rex I dont think it should be a problem, coz last when I traveled I saw a swift and a fiesta do the same route. And from what I remember the interior route is only a few kms , maybe a little more than 10kms. I spotted a few peacocks and some elephants, thats it.Maybe the animals don't venture here much because of the traffic.

However the locals still continue to use this route for their daily work.
Old 23rd April 2010, 20:43   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Rex I dont think it should be a problem, coz last when I traveled I saw a swift and a fiesta do the same route. And from what I remember the interior route is only a few kms , maybe a little more than 10kms. I spotted a few peacocks and some elephants, thats it.
Quote:
I'm sure a sedan can do it. A Honda Civic just passed by in the video i've uploaded. Saw lots of other sedans as well.
I think I'm all set for now.
Thanks rjstyles69 and bornin70s!

Regards
Rex
Old 23rd April 2010, 20:51   #21
BHPian

@bornin70s, @rjstyles69.... guys thanks for your pointers...

looks like they have made the safari route as the alternative to SH...

To summarize what i have understood

The road upto antharasanthe and the first forest check post is SH and is in good shape. At the first checkpost we need to head left towards the JLR/Kharapur. This is around 10-15 kms of Village and Jungle roads. I guess this then connects back to the SH and leads to Bavali and then on to Mananthavady (please confirm this part).

From the video looks do-able in a sedan. I drive a Esteem. If a Civic can do it, then esteem should be able to do it.
Old 23rd April 2010, 21:00   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
The road upto antharasanthe and the first forest check post is SH and is in good shape. At the first checkpost we need to head left towards the JLR/Kharapur. This is around 10-15 kms of Village and Jungle roads. I guess this then connects back to the SH and leads to Bavali and then on to Mananthavady (please confirm this part).

From the video looks do-able in a sedan. I drive a Esteem. If a Civic can do it, then esteem should be able to do it.
I drove a santro there and it was great. There are small "Cool bars" and restaurants once your cross the border at Bavali. I took a break there and drove all the way to Manathavady.

And your route is spot on. Enjoy your ride guys.
Old 23rd April 2010, 21:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
looks like they have made the safari route as the alternative to SH..
Not really, only at two points will join you the Safari route and then the JLR Safari deviates into the forest again.

Quote:
I guess this then connects back to the SH and leads to Bavali and then on to Mananthavady (please confirm this part).
dayamaadi hogi ( translated - please go ahead) and enjoy your trip. You definitely cant loose your way.
Old 24th April 2010, 13:25   #24
BHPian

dhanyavadagalu (Thank you).... rjstyles69 and bornin70s

Got all the info needed from you guys...
Old 25th April 2010, 07:17   #25
BHPian

Mysore - HD Kotte - Kattikkulam will be the best route now. Roads are good except a small de-tour at the entrance of the national park.

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 7th May 2010, 10:33   #26
BHPian

Guys, most likely i will be going there this Sunday. I am planning to start early at 6 am from Mysore. Wanted to know some good family restaurants for breakfast/lunch on Mysore - HD Kote - Bavali - Thirunelly route preferably near Bavali/Thirunelly. Or is it better to carry own food.
Old 7th May 2010, 13:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wanted to know some good family restaurants for breakfast/lunch on Mysore - HD Kote - Bavali - Thirunelly route preferably near Bavali/Thirunelly. Or is it better to carry own food.
Have breakfast at Green Leaf on KD road and then start. There aint any good places along the route as far as I can remember atleast till Bavali.
Old 7th May 2010, 14:00   #28
BHPian

Having breakfast in Mysore/carrying food is the last option. How about hotels in Bavali any decent places? Actually places having good food is also OK as we don't mind eating in the car.

I was contemplating taking the Hunsur - Nagarhole - Kutta - Thirunelly route with breakfast at Hunsur.
Old 7th May 2010, 15:46   #29
BHPian

Quote:

I was contemplating taking the Hunsur - Nagarhole - Kutta - Thirunelly route with breakfast at Hunsur.
Updates on this route is here -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1865324

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 1st March 2011, 14:14   #30
BHPian

Re: Bangalore-Kuruva Island Roa Condition Required

Has anyone did this stretch recently. We plan to holiday in Waynad. We plan to take the following route:

Bangalore-Mysore-Gundlupete-Vythiri-Kuruva-Kabini-Mysore-Bangalore

Any updates on the road conditions for the non Blore-Mysore part would be very helpful.

Prasad

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks