Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2010, 19:02   #1
BHPian

Mumbai - Vadodara - Bhavnagar --- route Query

Hi Folks,

I am planning Mumbai to Vadodara with my family by Road and back to mumbai to mumbai in max 2 days. I own a SX4 VXi and have run 2000 kms all around chennai in less than an year.

I need help/advice on the route and also the road condition with time taken between dadar and Vadodara. Need help as its the first time I am venturing on that route with my Family. Not sure of the road conditions today and also best places to set my logical breaks. I would be maintaining 120 kmph on average and plan to start morning 4 AM from mumbai .

Time in hand will be around 2 days, because i have to get back to chennai by road in 2 days time.

places to be covered: Vadodara - only few. while leaving from mumbai, i have to visit the dhanu mahalakshmi temple which falls in the Mumbai - Gujarat border, if we have time, we might go to bhavnagar as well.

total time 2-3 day the max. staying and food is not concern, as we have lots of relatives in Mumbai and Gujarat.

Thanks,
Old 26th April 2010, 20:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

To go to Bhavnagar, take NH8 via Borivli, Vapi, Surat, Ankleshwar and Bharuch to Baroda. Go on the Baroda bypass all the way to the end (don't take the Ahmedabad bypass, but continue of the NH8 - the old highway).

20 kms from end of Baroda bypass, at Vasad, turn left off NH8 and go via Borsad, Tarapur, Vataman and Velavdhar to Bhavnagar.

Detailed route profile is in the link below:
http://groups.google.com/group/hvkum...Bhavnagar.xlsx
Old 26th April 2010, 21:36   #3

Exactly as pointed out by mr hv kumar. Don't worry about the roads as they are all makkhan.
Old 15th November 2010, 17:50   #4
BHPian

hello

Hi,

I am also going to Bhavnagar via Baroda next week. Have you completed this journey as planned. I want to have the latest update. Due to some co-ordination goof up in my office, I need to attend an urgent meeting in Worli at 11 am and then finish it and leave directly vide the highway to go to Borivali and beyond.

Assuming I am in Borivali by 1 pm, do you think, given the excellent road conditions, I will reach Bhavnagar by 7.30-8 pm, assuming a 1 hour halt for lunch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks