Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2010, 11:29   #1
BHPian

Mumbai - Indore

I planning to go to indore by car by end of june.I know my way up to Dhule(Maharashtra).Most of the road is four lane divided toll road.How is the road from Dhule to Indore? Mumbai Indore is about 650 Kms.If I start early 6 in the morning,is it possible to reach indore by 6P.M.?
Old 6th May 2010, 11:54   #2
BHPian

Avoid driving after dark between Dhule and Indore: news of scary stuff around those parts like dacoity and such.
Old 6th May 2010, 12:58   #3
BHPian

Vasant,

Please see the link below: I have done it myself, My car had a GC issue therefore I took another route from Dhule which is more kms, I think the stretch after Dhule is done up now, as they were almost completing when I went which was longtime back, you can go straight and you are sorted.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...pal-route.html

Wish you happy and safe journey.

Cheers
Old 7th May 2010, 10:07   #4
BHPian

Thanks Saints,I followed the thread,very useful.
I have done Mumbai -nasik-dhule-indore-bhopal at least three times in the past,the last one in feb2009.There was lot of work going on bet indore dhule strech.I used to drive Honda CRV on previous trips.I sold CRV and bought new Passat.CRV being 4W drive,I had no problem on diversions and rough roads.I am not sure about Passat as it has a low ground clearance.Where can i get road condition information on net?or from any transport company?
Old 7th May 2010, 14:23   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasant3 View Post
Thanks Saints,I followed the thread,very useful.
I have done Mumbai -nasik-dhule-indore-bhopal at least three times in the past,the last one in feb2009.There was lot of work going on bet indore dhule strech.I used to drive Honda CRV on previous trips.I sold CRV and bought new Passat.CRV being 4W drive,I had no problem on diversions and rough roads.I am not sure about Passat as it has a low ground clearance.Where can i get road condition information on net?or from any transport company?
I am not too sure where you can get this info, I guess you plan to do it any which ways, only think you want to check is after Dhule whether straight road or the burhanpur route, one you can ask bus guys maybe volvo or someone or else when you reach Dhule you can check, I think the striaght road is ready cos when I was on my way back the truck guys at the petrol bunk told me its ready and I did this couple of months back.
Old 7th May 2010, 14:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasant3 View Post
I planning to go to indore by car by end of june.I know my way up to Dhule(Maharashtra).Most of the road is four lane divided toll road.How is the road from Dhule to Indore? Mumbai Indore is about 650 Kms.If I start early 6 in the morning,is it possible to reach indore by 6P.M.?
I am from INDORE, The road is 4-laned from Khalghat. Apart frpm that the 2-Lane patches are also repaired now and 80-100kmph is a left hand job. About time issue, well, I have done that in 9hrs. Yes, Indore-Mumbai =9 Hrs.Best of Luck.
Old 7th May 2010, 19:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

I have done the Bombay-Indore drive in Jan 2010. The road is 4-laned till Dhulia (except for Nashik city), and from Kalghat onwards. IN between, in MH, the road is 2-laned but in good condition. However, on crossing in to MP, the initial stretch is bad thanks to road widening work. In end-June, expect deterioration as rains do their work on the roads.
Old 4th October 2014, 11:35   #8
BHPian

re: Mumbai - Indore

We are planning Thane - Indore - Thane in the next few days with an infant in our group.
Should we break journey at Dhulia?
Also, decent food joint recommendations anyone in this stretch?

Taking the i10 this trip, and will stick to an average speed of 60-70 tops.

Last edited by latentpotential : 4th October 2014 at 11:35. Reason: Word
Old 4th October 2014, 11:49   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
We are planning Thane - Indore - Thane in the next few days with an infant in our group.
Should we break journey at Dhulia?
Also, decent food joint recommendations anyone in this stretch?

Taking the i10 this trip, and will stick to an average speed of 60-70 tops.
NH3 - Good road till Indore. Good food joints -- Hotel Daulat about 70km after Nashik, right side of road.
After crossing Narbada one good place is Hotel Foodie - left side of road.

I've was able to complete Kharghar - Thane - Indore in April 14 in 8 hours.
Old 4th October 2014, 13:24   #10
BHPian

Thane-Indore is fully 4 laned 24 hrs Motorable Road with nice facilities throughout.

You can easily complete it with i10 in 8-10 hrs non stop or 11-12 hours with decent breaks.

Food and Pitstops even for infant are cool
Food Joints / Restrooms at

Before Kasara : MBD on your side
at Chandwad : just after Nasik
Hotel A 1 Sagar at Malegoan (Post Malegaon 11kms from town)
Hotel Daawat before Dhamnod
Hotel Foodie at Dhamnod
Hotel Palash at Khalghat

No need to worry. Medical stores also available throughout route for emergency meds.
Old 6th October 2014, 10:35   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavtol View Post
Thane-Indore is fully 4 laned 24 hrs Motorable Road with nice facilities throughout.

You can easily complete it with i10 in 8-10 hrs non stop or 11-12 hours with decent breaks.

Food and Pitstops even for infant are cool
Food Joints / Restrooms at

Before Kasara : MBD on your side
at Chandwad : just after Nasik
Hotel A 1 Sagar at Malegoan (Post Malegaon 11kms from town)
Hotel Daawat before Dhamnod
Hotel Foodie at Dhamnod
Hotel Palash at Khalghat

No need to worry. Medical stores also available throughout route for emergency meds.
Thanks, do you recommend stopping overnight somewhere in between or a single drive each way?
Old 14th October 2014, 09:13   #12
BHPian

Considering taking a Halt at Dhulia in between. Any suggestions on which place to stay at?
Old 14th October 2014, 09:28   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
Considering taking a Halt at Dhulia in between. Any suggestions on which place to stay at?
You can take halt at Dhulia or Dhamnod wherever you feel comfortable. In both the place plenty of Hotels available but you will find good hotels only in Dhulia, Dhamnod is a little small town. AFAIK, there are hotels right on the NH3 bypass in Dhulia or you can enter the town. Or if you drive at 80-90 Kmph you could easily reach Indore in 12 Hrs. I would recommend driving till Indore, even if you start by 7 in the morning you would be at Indore at 6 in the evening. Also let me know if I could be of any help to you in Indore.

Last edited by mercedised : 14th October 2014 at 09:32.
Old 20th October 2014, 16:27   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
You can take halt at Dhulia or Dhamnod wherever you feel comfortable. In both the place plenty of Hotels available but you will find good hotels only in Dhulia, Dhamnod is a little small town. AFAIK, there are hotels right on the NH3 bypass in Dhulia or you can enter the town. Or if you drive at 80-90 Kmph you could easily reach Indore in 12 Hrs. I would recommend driving till Indore, even if you start by 7 in the morning you would be at Indore at 6 in the evening. Also let me know if I could be of any help to you in Indore.
Hi, Thanks for the information, infact I am also planning to drive from Thane to Indore in November. So this information will help me a lot. While on my way back I plan to take the Indore-Khandwa-Burhanpur-Jalgaon-Duhle-Thane route. Please let me know condition of this return trip route. Can it be driven in the night and are there good places to stop for food. I plan to travel with family. Thanks in advance!
Old 21st October 2014, 14:36   #15
BHPian

Hi,

Can anyone help with good petrol bunks enroute (Bombay-Indore). Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks