Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2014, 22:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Delhi - Mathura - Agra - Jaipur - Ajmer - Delhi : Route Queries

I have another idea. Take the Bhopal Shatabdi and arrive at Agra at 8.00 AM. Take a Fort - Taj - Fatehpur - Mathura tour if one is available, or hire a cab for the circuit. Arrive back at the railway station in time to catch the 8.30 PM New Delhi Shatabdi. Tickets reserved in advance, of course.

Is this workable?
Old 23rd January 2014, 22:52   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I have another idea. Take the Bhopal Shatabdi and arrive at Agra at 8.00 AM. Take a Fort - Taj - Fatehpur - Mathura tour if one is available, or hire a cab for the circuit. Arrive back at the railway station in time to catch the 8.30 PM New Delhi Shatabdi. Tickets reserved in advance, of course.

Is this workable?
There are too many places to see. One day not enough. May be you can do Taj/Fort/Fatehpur/Sikandra at leisure. The instant you decide to go to Mathura, its quite a pain and you would quite some time.
Old 25th January 2014, 21:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

We will arrive at New Delhi station on 16th morning. The tickets are already booked. Now a friend tells me 16th March being Holi, there will be no public transport / autos / taxis and we will be struck in the station till afternoon. Is this correct? Should I cancel and re-book the tickets for a different day?
Old 26th January 2014, 00:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
We will arrive at New Delhi station on 16th morning. The tickets are already booked. Now a friend tells me 16th March being Holi, there will be no public transport / autos / taxis and we will be struck in the station till afternoon. Is this correct? Should I cancel and re-book the tickets for a different day?

Yes public transport is going to be difficult till afternoon amd moreover if you step out in a rick or so there are high chances you would be colour attacked by somebody.Best is to book a travels cab to pick you up from the station.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 23:11   #20

Can anybody suggest some good dhaba close to Jaipur on NH 11(from Agra to Jaipur)?? I would probably be reaching Jaipur between 9-11pm and would like to have dinner in a dhaba. Thanking you in advance..
Old 21st December 2016, 21:05   #21
BHPian

Please suggest on bus / taxi services from Delhi airport to Mathura / Giriraj ji.

Is such services already available from airport?
Do I need to book in advance or just drop in to a counter once I land?
Approx charges and time taken to reach?
Haven't booked the flights yet, is there a time table of bus / cabs according to which I should book my flights?
Old 22nd December 2016, 09:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re: Delhi - Mathura - Agra - Jaipur - Ajmer - Delhi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post
Please suggest on bus / taxi services from Delhi airport to Mathura / Giriraj ji.

Is such services already available from airport?
Do I need to book in advance or just drop in to a counter once I land?
Approx charges and time taken to reach?
Haven't booked the flights yet, is there a time table of bus / cabs according to which I should book my flights?
Afaik there are no buses from the airport direct to Mathura.You would need to go to the SKK(Sarai Kale Khan) ISBT (not Kashmere gate-buses from K Gate head northwards towards Punjab,Himachal etc).Buses depart almost every 30 mins from there.else you can head to Nizamuddin Stn from the airport,there must be close to 30-40 trains a day from there to Mathura.There are buses from airport to the ISBT

Else you can metro it out to the Nizamuddin (closest station to HN,is the Indraprasth metro station and another 3-4kms from there is the Nizamuddin station)It would however involve a couple of line changes.

Easiest cab/uber/ola to ISBT SKK.

You could also check gozocabs.com They provide one way drops,seat in cab services etc and they are pretty reliable.A startup.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 22nd December 2016 at 10:05.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 11:24   #23
BHPian

Thanks for the detailed reply. If you can help understand the bracketed text after ISBT please.
Also any Volvo ac buses available from ISBT and approx charges please ?
Are there buses to giriraj Ji / vrindavan too ?
Old 22nd December 2016, 13:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Re: Delhi - Mathura - Agra - Jaipur - Ajmer - Delhi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post
Thanks for the detailed reply. If you can help understand the bracketed text after ISBT please.

Also any Volvo ac buses available from ISBT and approx charges please ?
Are there buses to giriraj Ji / vrindavan too ?
There is an ISBT at Sarai Kale Khan and there is one at Kashmere Gate as well.Mathura buses leave from SKK.Yes there are volvos as well,should cost you about 500-600INR per ticket one way.You can also hire a seat in a cab using any of these gozocabs,Blabla car,ibibo ryde etc.There are no buses to Vrindavan afaik from Delhi.Bus to Mathura and then rick to vrindavan would be your best bet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks