Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2010, 23:04   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
The menu there is in English and Russian. Make sure you tell the waiter that you don't understand either and see his reaction. I do it everytime I go there.

That would be Joncy's. You have to take the other road near Maria Hall / Fiplees to the beach.
Yep joncey's oops, butto is ot workig, sorry

enjoy
Old 11th May 2010, 07:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

GUys I Have this one more problem, Whenever we enter Goa through the Karwar side, The checkpoint just before Goa always gives us a lot of trouble. The check the entire car, luggage and even if all the documents are proper they always harass us. They used to do it even when we were traveling with the whole family , wonder what they are going to of with a bunch of friends all aged below 22 !
Old 11th May 2010, 12:41   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
GUys I Have this one more problem, Whenever we enter Goa through the Karwar side, The checkpoint just before Goa always gives us a lot of trouble. The check the entire car, luggage and even if all the documents are proper they always harass us. They used to do it even when we were traveling with the whole family , wonder what they are going to of with a bunch of friends all aged below 22 !
The problem is your vehicle registration no. Normally vehicles with GA & KA-30 registrations are not hasseled. Even i have seen the same problem with other state vehicles alongside mine, though i never had any issues over last 4-5 years that i have been driving down.I feel its because of knowing the local language. Yes when with family the trouble is a bit lesser.

They do it for cash or with rigour when security alerts are issued.
Old 11th May 2010, 12:59   #19
BANNED

Quote:
GUys I Have this one more problem,
Those are the Karnataka side cops. Dont bother. Let them check. Dont carry any booze on you and show them all the papers. Will take a bit of your time but dont get into arguments.

They are beggars in uniform so if they insist, start from Rs 10.
Old 11th May 2010, 17:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv-Bang View Post
The problem is your vehicle registration no. Normally vehicles with GA & KA-30 registrations are not hasseled. Even i have seen the same problem with other state vehicles alongside mine, though i never had any issues over last 4-5 years that i have been driving down.I feel its because of knowing the local language. Yes when with family the trouble is a bit lesser.

They do it for cash or with rigour when security alerts are issued.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Those are the Karnataka side cops. Dont bother. Let them check. Dont carry any booze on you and show them all the papers. Will take a bit of your time but dont get into arguments.

Thats exactly what I'm intending to do. Im going to start very less. And definitely wouldn't be carrying booze on the way to Goa at least..

Another thing I'm worried about is after hubli the diversion to Karwar route. There are very less indications of this road and remember a road going down to karwar. So going to ask in plenty in hubli about the Karwar route.
Old 12th May 2010, 11:54   #21
Team-BHP Support

Some posts from this thread regarding accommodations have been moved to the existing thread on that topic :
Planning Goa? Where to stay?

Also do check out this thread :
Comprehensive list of "MUST VISIT" places in GOA. (Eat / Party / Chill / etc)

cya
R
Old 12th May 2010, 13:23   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
...the existing thread on that topic :
Planning Goa? Where to stay?

Also do check out this thread :
Comprehensive list of "MUST VISIT" places in GOA. (Eat / Party / Chill / etc)
Excellent threads, both. Thanks, Rehaan, for pointing them out.
Old 12th May 2010, 19:23   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I once gave these karnataka side cops exactly 10 rupees in two five rupee coins and they did not even bother to check anything beyond the RC book - I was driving a MH registered car ! )

With the GA and KA31/30 cars they don't bother to even stop you.
Old 13th May 2010, 15:49   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn0l0gist View Post
I once gave these karnataka side cops exactly 10 rupees in two five rupee coins and they did not even bother to check anything beyond the RC book - I was driving a MH registered car ! )
On one of the trips just after the security alert was issued (i think after some blasts) my car was also stopped at the Karnataka checkpost. The cops started talking in hindi/kannada. I started talking to them in konkani. I was allowed to pass thru after just one relevant question "papers are in order ?" I said yes & I was thru.

BTW my car is KA-03 registration. Ofcourse i had to tell them I am from Goa & work in Bangalore when one over zealous cop pointed to the registration number.

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st May 2010 at 15:22. Reason: Quote fixed
Old 19th May 2010, 19:28   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Hi people,
Goa has been the most popular destination in our family and the last 7 Christmas's have been spent in Goa by us.
==============
Would love to know when Monsoon is going to start this year .
Hai

Also planning to be there in Goa by the second week of June 10 but from Delhi with my Sx4. I stayed in Goa for 20 years, rather grew up there. First set my eyes in Goa in 1966 and was there till 1986. Thats probably much before you were born. Hi, hi.. Now of course I am a Delhi ite.
It starts to rain in June and you may not face heavy rain then. The heavy rains will be in July/August. Beach activity obviously comes down with the onset of monsoon. You will face high seas. It will be dangerous to bathe in the sea. Goan beaches are known for their notorious under current, So be careful. Have fun and let us know how you pulled it off.
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:15   #26
BHPian

Re: Goa in the Second week of June with friends

Me and my wife are travelling to Goa during the last week on June, I am wondering what all places around baga beach would be open to chill around..

I am not the typical beach guy, just that we want to have fun listening to good music, eating & drinking water.. Will it rain heavily during that time?

Thanks,
Vinod
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:28   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Me and my wife are travelling to Goa during the last week on June, I am wondering what all places around baga beach would be open to chill around..

I am not the typical beach guy, just that we want to have fun listening to good music, eating & drinking water.. Will it rain heavily during that time?

Thanks,
Vinod
It normally rains pretty heavily from June-August in Goa. You may want to visit some nearby places like Vagator beach, Chapora fort, Fort Aguada.
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

During the first week of june monsoon is expected to hit kerala cost, maybe in a weeks time it will be active across the coast.

In coast when it rains it can go on without a break and sometimes days together, Goa will be fun even in rains...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post

Thanks,
Vinod
Old 30th June 2011, 15:01   #29
Team-BHP Support

Good news is that the go-karting track is open in the monsoon (3 - 7pm. Mondays closed)!

More details here : LINK

cya
R
Old 24th August 2011, 21:55   #30
BHPian

Goa weather update

I am planning to visit Goa this weekend, but I am not sure about the current weather condition there. Checked on the internet and it says "thunder storms" for the next 7 days, and when I inquired with a couple of hotels...they said that weather is fine, with just minor showers for few minutes in a day. Can anyone from goa provide me the current update of weather in Goa. I will be visiting Goa after 3 years, so do not want to spoil the vacation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks