Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2011, 01:10   #31
BHPian

Currently its very unpredictable.
Today most of the day time it was clear weather but it rained heavy by night. These days its fairly sunny compared to last week.
Old 25th August 2011, 07:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Goa weather update

Yes it will be rainy and expect moderate to heavy rain in coastal. I think hotel people will say weather is fine since customer visiting is important for us :-)

Ravi.
Old 25th August 2011, 08:03   #33
BHPian

Thanks for the information ravi, do you have any idea about the raining pattern in goa? Like in bangalore we do not get continuous rains, it rains for few minutes to a couple of hours max and that too mostly in the evening and night time. Moderate rainfall once in a while in the daytime is okay for me. Can i expect that or it rains through out the day continuously.
Old 25th August 2011, 10:09   #34
BANNED

Cannot compare Goa rains to Bangalore rains.

When it rains in Goa it pours. Something you will not see in Bangalore.

Right now in India we have the monsoon season. And on the opposite side of the Western Ghats lies Goa. The Ghats here block the incoming clouds from the Arabian Ocean and bring about what one calls the torrential rains. In layman terms heavy rains.

As of today it is "good" weather. But it is a relative term. Good weather in Bangalore isnt same as Good weather in Goa.

Good weather in Goa means less rain, mildly cloudy to clear skies. But all this can change in a matter of minutes.

Also once it rains and the sun shines bright you will get immense humidity. The types you will not see in Bangalore.

So considering all the above make your plans. What is that you are doing in Goa that the weather is a consideration?

Seas will be rough, water sports will be limited. Shacks will be closed.

The bright part. Compared to the normal tourist season. Rates of everything will come with a 75% discount.

The next week is Ganesh Chathurthi expect most places to be closed on Thursday and Friday.

I will be there. Hope that helps.
Old 25th August 2011, 11:09   #35
Senior - BHPian

I was in Goa last weekend (Aug 18-21). It rained sporadically for the first 3 days, light to moderate rain, several times during the day. However, on my way to Goa from Murudeshwar (i.e. Aug 18) and on my way to Mumbai from Goa (i.e. Aug 21), it rained like crazy, with near zero visibility both times.

Being Ganesh Chaturthi on Sep 1, roads leading to Goa (NH 17 and peripheral) would be packed. I'd suggest you stay away.
Old 25th August 2011, 11:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi_23 View Post
I am planning to visit Goa this weekend, but I am not sure about the current weather condition there. Checked on the internet and it says "thunder storms" for the next 7 days, and when I inquired with a couple of hotels...they said that weather is fine, with just minor showers for few minutes in a day. Can anyone from goa provide me the current update of weather in Goa. I will be visiting Goa after 3 years, so do not want to spoil the vacation.
Spitfire has captured most of the information. My two cents having lived in Goa and being a frequent vsistor.

a) If you are looking at enjoying th beach and getting into waters during this season. Forget it and plan it after October.

b) Even many places - discoes etc - will be closed for renovation and will open only from August.

c) River cruise on mandovi may not be happenneing due to rains.

d) Sept will not be as bad as July/Aug but it will rain off and on. Expect wet weather.

e) No glorious sun sets as well.

Plus points

a) Calm, uncrowded and clean beaches

b) Awesome spectacle of clouds and sea

c) Greenery everywhere.

d) Lastly, Dudhsagar waterfalls will be at its best
Old 25th August 2011, 15:47   #37
BHPian

Re: Goa in the Second week of June with friends

Thanks for the information guys, it was really helpful. I was concerned about the rains as this time I will be travelling by bus, so will have to hire 2 wheeler there. And traveling around in a 2 wheeler in rains was a concern, but I have decided to go Also called up titos, and they are open...so even if it rains, I will be able to have a good saturday night at titos.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks