Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 15:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

I don't have too many good things to report about hotel Chennis. The place was full of flies and food was strictly average when I visited there last month. A2Bs are ripoffs.I still wonder why we don't have good hotels on this stretch compared to Bangalore-Mysore-Calicut stretch.
I prefer to take breakfast or lunch from Thrissur itself on return journey.Hotel Bharat is my all time favorite though the quality has suffered recently.
Old 25th May 2010, 16:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

There is a good veg restaurant on the way to Perumdurai named " Sri Annalakshmi" which is couple of KMs before Chennis while travelling from Bangalore. We had our dinner here last friday, found it to be clean and affordable.
Old 25th May 2010, 16:25   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
There is a good veg restaurant on the way to Perumdurai named " Sri Annalakshmi" which is couple of KMs before Chennis while travelling from Bangalore. We had our dinner here last friday, found it to be clean and affordable.
Is this the one very close to the bridge at Bhavani?
I went till Perindurai, but did not notice one.
Old 25th May 2010, 16:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Is this the one very close to the bridge at Bhavani?
I went till Perindurai, but did not notice one.
I remember its before the bridge since direction boards were still showing Chennis is ahead.

This doesnt look like a huge restaurant, quite small but clean.
Old 25th May 2010, 17:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hotel Aaram the former KTDS outlet that comes on the left hand side soon after the Walayar checkpost (while driving from TN to Kerala) is a good place for breakfast & lunch. Toilets are fine and provides good parking with some shade to relax. They have rooms which I think (not asked, so its a guess ) they may be ready to provide at some price if you want to take some rest. Try their appams and you won't be disappointed
Old 25th May 2010, 18:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Hotel Aaram the former KTDS outlet that comes on the left hand side soon after the Walayar checkpost (while driving from TN to Kerala) is a good place for breakfast & lunch. Toilets are fine and provides good parking with some shade to relax. They have rooms which I think (not asked, so its a guess ) they may be ready to provide at some price if you want to take some rest. Try their appams and you won't be disappointed
The Walayar Hotel Aaram is not owned by KTDC anymore?

10 kms after Avinashi - and 11 kms before the beginning of Coimbatore bypass - I found 3 restaurants named Apoorva, Kishkinda and Podigai. They looked good (and maybe a little up-market) - any reviews by those who have visited them?
Old 25th May 2010, 18:35   #22
Team-BHP Support

Need to ask CCD management to expand beyond Karnataka for the highways.
At least the famed National Highways. NH 7, 47, 4, 46, 45 etc etc.

Today I found out that most of them on the highways are franchisees. Should not be difficult for CCD to expand in that mode.
Looks like they are restricting the geography for the roadways.

Last edited by ampere : 25th May 2010 at 18:36.
Old 25th May 2010, 18:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
They don't have the KTDS tag on their board any more and they have stopped the beer parlour. So I guess it is not linked to KTDC now but the staff is same for last 6 to 7 years and the quality of food also has not changed.
Old 26th May 2010, 20:50   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Are you referring to Rajabhojanam which operates along with the Reliance fuel station? I heard mixed opinion though not experienced myself.

BTW when you drive from Palakkad, these options might be pretty early. You can consider Chennis near Perundurai, clear directions on NH47 and its just half a kilometer from the highway. They give decent facility, manageble crowd and not very expensive too.
Stopped at Aramam at Walayar for breakfast and A2B for lunch today. The usual crowd was missing at A2B, maybe because since it is a weekday today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post

10 kms after Avinashi - and 11 kms before the beginning of Coimbatore bypass - I found 3 restaurants named Apoorva, Kishkinda and Podigai. They looked good (and maybe a little up-market) - any reviews by those who have visited them?

Had a glance at Hotel Approva. It looked deserted today with hardly any cars/people nearby

-- Wind
Old 27th May 2010, 14:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
Stopped at Aramam at Walayar for breakfast and A2B for lunch today. The usual crowd was missing at A2B, maybe because since it is a weekday today.
-- Wind
Thats true A2Bs are more crowded on Friday - Monday. So how was your experience with both?
Old 27th May 2010, 15:32   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
Stopped at Aramam at Walayar for breakfast
How was the place? Food quality? Hygiene? Restrooms?

Near Thekkalur, 37 KM from Coimbatore BP towards Salem, on left side is Sri Saravana Bhavan. Typical Tamil style vegetarian food. Lots of crowd.

Wind, is this the one that you had issues with?

Last edited by sbraj : 27th May 2010 at 15:35.
Old 27th May 2010, 16:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Near Thekkalur, 37 KM from Coimbatore BP towards Salem, on left side is Sri Saravana Bhavan. Typical Tamil style vegetarian food. Lots of crowd.
Its crowded all the time. Luckily we found seats when we travelled sometime back. Good food and quite clean also.
Old 27th May 2010, 19:07   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Thats true A2Bs are more crowded on Friday - Monday. So how was your experience with both?
Food quality, hygiene and rest rooms are good at Aaramam . Would definitely stop there next time for breakfast/lunch. Regarding A2B nothing much to say beyond what has already been said in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
How was the place? Food quality? Hygiene? Restrooms?

Wind, is this the one that you had issues with?
Nope, I had stopped at the SB 11 Kms from the bye pass ( towards Salem)
Old 27th May 2010, 19:59   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Going towards Coimbatore, from the Palakkad byepass end, about 9 kms away on the right is Walayar Motels.

I have been frequenting this place since so many years and they do have good food.

They have rooms too!
Old 27th May 2010, 23:32   #30
Senior - BHPian

Which are the good hotels between Thrissur and Palakkad, on NH47?

Last time I started from Guruvayoor at early morning, and was near Palakkad at breakfast time. Could not find any decent hotel on the highway and had to go into the Palakkad town. Finally found Hotel Aryas near the railway gate.

During peak hours, going into these towns do not make much sense.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks