Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 19:42   #1

Hyderabad to Goa in ther first Week of June 10

Dear All

I am Planning to go on a trip to GOA in the first weak of June 2010 along with my collegues on a four Wheeler, My Plan is to Travel fro HYD to GOA via Bijapur, Ambola etc.. which looks like a good Route to talk as i have found in the Posts here.

On the return Trip i wanted to visit Hampi, i have taken this route in 2007 but i had to travel from Goa to Dharwad via NH 4A which is Pathetic and i dont know any Alternative Route. can you guys please suggest an alternative route.........This wud be a grt help from you guys

Avis
Old 14th May 2010, 11:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

I have always taken the road from Hyderabad-Mahbubnagar-Raichur-Gagawathi-Koppal-Gadag-Hubli-Yallapur-Ankola route to Goa as most of the time I prefer to stay in South Goa and the road is also good.From the previous threads that I have read it seems the road via Zaheerabad-Gulbarga-Bijapur-Jamkandi-Yargatti-Belgaum-Amboli is good but I have not travelled. I think you can try Bijapur route while going and while coming back you can take the Ankola route to reach Hampi.
Old 14th May 2010, 16:52   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
I have always taken the road from Hyderabad-Mahbubnagar-Raichur-Gagawathi-Koppal-Gadag-Hubli-Yallapur-Ankola route to Goa as most of the time I prefer to stay in South Goa and the road is also good.From the previous threads that I have read it seems the road via Zaheerabad-Gulbarga-Bijapur-Jamkandi-Yargatti-Belgaum-Amboli is good but I have not travelled. I think you can try Bijapur route while going and while coming back you can take the Ankola route to reach Hampi.

Thanks for the reply, any Thoughts on the condition of roads ect.....
Old 18th May 2010, 12:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avis_gan View Post
Dear All

My Plan is to Travel fro HYD to GOA via Bijapur, Ambola etc.. which looks like a good Route to talk as i have found in the Posts here.

On the return Trip i wanted to visit Hampi, i have taken this route in 2007 but i had to travel from Goa to Dharwad via NH 4A which is Pathetic and i dont know any Alternative Route. can you guys please suggest an alternative route.........This wud be a grt help from you guys

Avis
Hyd-Zaheerabad-Homnabad-Gulbarga-Bijapur-Amboli-Goa.Good roads,no issues reported.Around 650-700kms/15hours of drive.

The other option is Hyd-Solapur-Mangalwedha-Sangole Circle-Miraj-Kolhapur-Sankeshwar-Amboli-Goa.This is via NH4.

NH4A is still in iffy condition,at the moment it is in excellent condition,but it only takes a week for it to change its condition thanx to the heavily loaded iron ore trucks that travel on these roads.

The better and saner option for you is come via Karwar,Goa-Karwar on NH17.At Karwar,take the NH63 towards Hubli via Yellapur.From Hubli continue on nh63 via Gadag-Koppal-Hospet-Hampi.It is advisable to stay in Hospet rather than Hampi,as better hotels in Hospet.MalligI Hotels is a good option at Hospet.
Old 18th May 2010, 18:47   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Hyd-Zaheerabad-Homnabad-Gulbarga-Bijapur-Amboli-Goa.Good roads,no issues reported.Around 650-700kms/15hours of drive.

The other option is Hyd-Solapur-Mangalwedha-Sangole Circle-Miraj-Kolhapur-Sankeshwar-Amboli-Goa.This is via NH4.

NH4A is still in iffy condition,at the moment it is in excellent condition,but it only takes a week for it to change its condition thanx to the heavily loaded iron ore trucks that travel on these roads.

The better and saner option for you is come via Karwar,Goa-Karwar on NH17.At Karwar,take the NH63 towards Hubli via Yellapur.From Hubli continue on nh63 via Gadag-Koppal-Hospet-Hampi.It is advisable to stay in Hospet rather than Hampi,as better hotels in Hospet.MalligI Hotels is a good option at Hospet.

Thanks for your Suggestion, I am still confused on the Road between Bijapur and Amboli, Can you please suggest,

We are Not Planning to stay at Hampi Just wanted to visit the main Sites in 5-6 Hours and then start for Hyderabad which is 6 hours away.

Avis
Old 18th May 2010, 19:32   #6
MX6
Senior - BHPian

You require more than 5 - 6 hours in Hampi. So it would be prudent to have a halt at hospet.
Madgaon to hyderabad is roughly 12 - 13 hours of non stop drive. If you intend to stop at Hampi for 5 - 6 hours, with other stops for breakfast and dinner (having lunch at hampi), I forsee 20 hours of drive from goa to hyderabad end to end.
Guess it's a bit too much.
So suggest you to see whether you can reach hampi in the evening. You can have extended morning session in goa and some quality time in hampi.
Goa to hampi has two routes.
One is through Londa where you branch off at Ramnagar from NH4A on to Dharwad - hubli and NH63 to Hospet. Not sure about road conditions from Ramnagar to Dharwad.

Another route is through Karwar - Ankola - Yellapura - Hubli - Hospet which is NH17 then NH63 all the way.
This route though longer is good, especially the NH63 from Ankola.
Old 18th May 2010, 20:36   #7
Team-BHP Support

Ideally speaking one should explore Hampi in a hurry. Its a place to be cherished and assimilated on a bicycle.
But if you really don't have time, then as MX said you will need at least 6 to 8 hours.
Old 19th May 2010, 11:24   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avis_gan View Post
Thanks for your Suggestion, I am still confused on the Road between Bijapur and Amboli, Can you please suggest,

We are Not Planning to stay at Hampi Just wanted to visit the main Sites in 5-6 Hours and then start for Hyderabad which is 6 hours away.

Avis
Bijapur-Hampi is via this route:

Bijapur-Athni-Chikodi-Hukeri-Sankeshwar(Join NH4)-Go off NH4-Gadhinglaj-Ajra-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Goa.

Do not take any deviations before sawantwadi.

As for Hampi,doing it on a single drive is sheer waste of time.

Ideal way to do it would be leave Goa after BF,reach Hospet,discover Hampi and leave for Hyd next day post lunch.
Old 1st June 2010, 10:24   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Hyderabad-Mahbubnagar-Raichur-Gagawathi-Koppal-Gadag-Hubli-Yallapur-Ankola route to Goa
The bridge before Sindhanur (Raichur-Gangavathi route) is out when I travelled by that route in Nov 2009. Alternative would be Hyd-Mahabubnagar-Raichur-Belgaum-Goa.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks