Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2014, 15:55   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: Delhi to Kanyakumari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottermore View Post
Confused!
Delhi KK, I think the best option is through Westen India. Better roads and better facilities.

Delhi-Jaipur-Baroda-AMD-Mumbai-Pune-Kolhapur-Belgaum-Hubli-Chitradurga-Bangalore-Hosur-Salem-Madurai-KK

See more details on Delhi-Bangalore:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...e-route-6.html

If Delhi-Jaipur is bad you can try Delhi-Mathura by expressway and the Mathura-Bharatpur-Jaipur by pass - AMD.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2014, 23:06   #77
BHPian

I can partially answer your query. Have driven on the kishangarh to Bangalore section of your route. Kishangarh - udaipur - Ahmedabad - baroda - Surat - Mumbai - kolhapur - belgaum - Bangalore is great. Delhi to kishangarh and Bangalore to kanyakumari I haven't driven till now. Watch out for monsoon updates. The roads are good throughout from kishangarh till Bangalore. Drive safe
Drivethru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 09:58   #78
BHPian

Dear Pottermore,

The The NH-8 & NH-4 routes are the best. I have done Mum-Amd & Udaipur-Mumbai in Dec 2013 and Mumbai - Mysore & Bangalore-Mumbai in May/June this year.

The roads are in great shape, except for the monsoon damage. Some threads say that Pune - Satara stretch is bad.

Watch out for snarls at Bharuch (between Vadodara & Surat). Not sure if the 2 bridges across the river are operational. We got stuck for 1.5 hours last Dec while going from Mumbai to Ahmedabad. Driving at a sedate speed of 100 km/h, we covered the strech in 9 hrs, including stops and the 1.5 hr delay.

Also managed Bangalore - Pune (840 kms) in 14 hrs, and Pune - Mysore (877 kms) in 15 hrs. Not exceeding 110 km/h.

Have not been on the remaining part of your intended route.

Hope this helps
rpunwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 14:39   #79
Senior - BHPian

Re: Delhi to KanyaKumari

Hi Guys, I am planning to do Delhi - Kanyakumari with my wife and our pet (Cookie - 1.5 year old Himalayan Sheepdog).

Below is the tentative plan that I have prepared - need to fine tune it. Request all experts to please pitch in and help me finalize this itinerary.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 87
Size:  34.1 KB

Thanks!
Old 1st December 2023, 17:33   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Below is the tentative plan that I have prepared -
Sameer, some sections of the drive looks very tiring - dawn to dusk kind of ones, so when there are back to back days that way, it may become tiring over period of few weeks.

For example -
Udaipur - Mumbai
Goa - Coorg
Ooty - Munnar
Kanyakumari - Bangalore

Plus, you wont be able to any sightseeing on these days since you will be left with only couple of hours after your late arrival + early morning next day start which is required.
Yes, it makes sense to plan this way if the idea is to do a circular road trip, excluding any sight seeing as such.

However, maintaining timeline daily will be tiring since you are traveling during peak tourist season + with pet.

Will suggest you trim the places or add days to the plan.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 18:04   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys, I am planning to do Delhi - Kanyakumari with my wife and our pet (Cookie - 1.5 year old Himalayan Sheepdog).

Below is the tentative plan that I have prepared - need to fine tune it. Request all experts to please pitch in and help me finalize this itinerary.

Attachment 2537711

Thanks!
I, too, feel almost everyday you are spending a lot of time driving, and on few consecutive days, more than 500+ kms.

Not sure about your plans along the route but I would reduce driving on the same sectors and club some of the places on the route - for e.g. you will be travelling from Mumbai - Goa during the onwards journey but you will be visiting Lonavala/Mahabaleshwar on your return leg. If you can have a plan like Mumbai - Lonavala/Mahabaleshwar - Goa that would reduce time on the road and give you some spare time to enjoy the place. Similarly, Udaipur - Mumbai on 20/21 Dec but you plan to be in Mount Abu on 4-Jan.

Maybe something like Delhi - Udaipur - Mount Abu - Surat - Mumbai - Goa - Coorg - Munnar - Kanyakumari - Rameswaram - Bangalore - back to Mumbai and then Delhi, basically avoiding driving the same route as much as possible.

Would look forward to reading your travelogue once you complete the trip. Happy drivin'

Last edited by minzanurag : 1st December 2023 at 18:12. Reason: Typos
minzanurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 07:12   #82
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2537711

Thanks!
Hi Sameer,

In addition to what Anurag and Suhas have suggested, for onwards journey after Bangalore give a thought about going from Pune to Indore and to Delhi or from Bangalore to Hyderabad, Nagpur, Jhansi to Delhi. This way your circuit will be wider and you will completely avoid taking the same route. Also suggest to take a couple of days rest (at least one day) after every 3 to 4 days of driving. Happy journey and do share your experiences. Will look forward to it.
SamDiablo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 19:22   #83
BHPian

Quote:

Buddy - As others have said - this looks very hectic. I suggest you cut down some places and add days to your travel. Munnar itself needs 2-3 days of proper sight seeing in my opinion to do justice to that place.

I would cut down Goa / Coorg / Lonavala and not visit those places at all.
searacer932 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks