Team-BHP - Route query from Bangalore to Chandrapur(Maharashtra) near Nagpur
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Route query from Bangalore to Chandrapur(Maharashtra) near Nagpur (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/82283-route-query-bangalore-chandrapur-maharashtra-near-nagpur.html)

Hi All,

I am planning to drive to Chandrapur in July 1st week. Hence the below query. It would be great if you guys can help me in the below items.
  1. Chalk out a plan with route map including the pit stops for breakfast, lunch and snacks that I can have on the way.
  2. Also how long would it take generally across this route.
Car :SX4 ZXi
Traveler: 2(me and my wife)
Journey duration: To complete within a day. I am ok to start at 4 in the morning as always.
Tour duration: 5days.

Thanks,
Anup

After reaching Hyderabad, the best route would be to go via Karimnagar, Ramagundam, Mancherial and Asifabad to Chandrapur. Difficult to complete in a day, even assuming that you cross Hyderabad in 8 hours or so, since the road from Hyderabad (after assuming 1 hour for crossing Hyderabad city) to Chandrapur is on 2-lane highways thereon and you cannot make high speeds. Maybe, you could halt at Karimnagar on Day 1, but if you are really quick (i.e. cross Hyderabad before 12 noon), yes, you can possibly make it to Chandrapur.

Alternatively, if you continue on NH7 after Hyderabad, you can turn off at Pandharkawada (the first town after crossing into MH), and you can make it in almost the same time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 1905900)
After reaching Hyderabad, the best route would be to go via Karimnagar, Ramagundam, Mancherial and Asifabad to Chandrapur. Difficult to complete in a day, even assuming that you cross Hyderabad in 8 hours or so, since the road from Hyderabad (after assuming 1 hour for crossing Hyderabad city) to Chandrapur is on 2-lane highways thereon and you cannot make high speeds.
Alternatively, if you continue on NH7 after Hyderabad, you can turn off at Pandharkawada (the first town after crossing into MH), and you can make it in almost the same time.

Thanks HVkumar
How long would it take actually from Hyd to Chandrapur in current road conditions?
I see that it is around 400kms. Also is it better to venture out of hyd for lunch considering I shall be in Hyd by around say 12 noon.

I think it will take not less than 8 hours, of which the last stretch after Mancherial is on narrow isolated roads, ideally not taken after dark.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 1905900)
After reaching Hyderabad, the best route would be to go via Karimnagar, Ramagundam, Mancherial and Asifabad to Chandrapur. Difficult to complete in a day, even assuming that you cross Hyderabad in 8 hours or so, since the road from Hyderabad (after assuming 1 hour for crossing Hyderabad city) to Chandrapur is on 2-lane highways thereon and you cannot make high speeds. Maybe, you could halt at Karimnagar on Day 1, but if you are really quick (i.e. cross Hyderabad before 12 noon), yes, you can possibly make it to Chandrapur.

I guess Karimnagar-Ramagundem route is a better option and the roads upto K'nagar are in pretty good shape,NH 7 would present you with heavy traffic.I would go with HVK's suggestion of breaking @ Hyd,suggest a late departure from Blore to reach Hyd by early evening.An early departure from Hyd to reach C'pur for lunch would be the ideal way to do it.

PS:You could let me know in case you need assist within Hyderabad.(I stay close to the K'nagar highway in Hyd).At the moment Ramagundem is sizzling at 46degrees!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by anup7649 (Post 1905945)
Thanks HVkumar
How long would it take actually from Hyd to Chandrapur in current road conditions?
I see that it is around 400kms. Also is it better to venture out of hyd for lunch considering I shall be in Hyd by around say 12 noon.

It would take you close to 1.5hrs to 2hours to reach the Karimnagar highway(at Trimulgherry,Secbad) from Shamshabad,there are a couple of resorts & dhabas at a 40-50kms distance after Hyd on this route.

Considering your travel time is in JULY,
expect some rains on way.

So, better to halt at Hyd or some place on way.
Route - Go by HVK's suggestion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 1905952)
I think it will take not less than 8 hours, of which the last stretch after Mancherial is on narrow isolated roads, ideally not taken after dark.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjitp1 (Post 1905971)
It would take you close to 1.5hrs to 2hours to reach the Karimnagar highway(at Trimulgherry,Secbad) from Shamshabad,there are a couple of resorts & dhabas at a 40-50kms distance after Hyd on this route.

hvkumar,
When you say isolated, is it difficult to drive or not safe to drive?
So as ranjit said if I drive out of hyd by 2PM, then I should be in mancherial say by 7/8PM ?

ranjit,
I am somehow not comfortable in taking a break in journey, since I have a vacation of 5days of which 2days would go into driving(to and fro bangalore-chandrapur), so it has to be made in one day.
Thanks for your offer, I shall surely let you know when the exact dates materialise. As of now it is in july 1st week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anup7649 (Post 1906020)
hvkumar,
So as ranjit said if I drive out of hyd by 2PM, then I should be in mancherial say by 7/8PM ?

ranjit,
I am somehow not comfortable in taking a break in journey, since I have a vacation of 5days of which 2days would go into driving(to and fro bangalore-chandrapur), so it has to be made in one day.
Thanks for your offer, I shall surely let you know when the exact dates materialise. As of now it is in july 1st week.

From Trimulgherry(place where you exit city limits and the actual highway begins)to Karimnagar would take you around 3.5-4hours.let me know once you firm up your plans.

My my. I tend to agree with HVK. No matter how you like it, seems you'd be better off taking a break of journey.
And Ramagundam will be sizzling hot. So ideally, start late from Bangalore, stay overnight at Hyderabad and start early morning from Hyd to beat the heat of Ramagundam.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anup7649 (Post 1906020)
hvkumar,

ranjit,

Safety - after Ramagundam, roads are lonely, facilities poor, roads narrow, and lest you forget, Adilabad/Chandrapur districts are also Naxal areas.

While you may get to Hyderabad from Bangalore super-quick, as ranjit mentions, crossing H'bad will take time and if you factor that into account, your journey time can be as long as 18-20 hours. BY July, rains would have also started, breaking up some of the roads after Mancherial.

One variation of what MX6 says, why not do an overnight drive from Bangalore to Hyderabad, then continue till you reach Chandrapur by lunch time?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 1906189)
One variation of what MX6 says, why not do an overnight drive from Bangalore to Hyderabad, then continue till you reach Chandrapur by lunch time?

Hmm.. I am jus thinking to travel early in eve and travel say around 400kms from bangalore and stay in a hotel say near kurnool or even further. Then start early from there, so that can go out of Hyd early in the morning towards chandrapur. Would this be a good idea. If so then will I find a decent hotel in Kurnool/further to stay for a night?

Note: I am not too keen to drive thru in the night after 12.

Anup

Quote:

Originally Posted by anup7649 (Post 1907486)
Hmm.. I am jus thinking to travel early in eve and travel say around 400kms from bangalore and stay in a hotel say near kurnool or even further. Then start early from there, so that can go out of Hyd early in the morning towards chandrapur. Would this be a good idea. If so then will I find a decent hotel in Kurnool/further to stay for a night?

Anup

Good idea, you will get good hotels in Ananthapur and Kurnool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anup7649 (Post 1907486)

Anup

If you manage to exit Hebbal at 2-3pm,you would be in Hyd by 10-11pm.

Mourya Inn at Kurnool is an ok place to stay & so is SRS Regency at Anantpur.But I would still suggest that you try & reach Hyd as Kurnool to Hyd is a breeze & these places have iffy hotels