Team-BHP - Mahabaleshwar - Accomodation Suggestions Required
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Mahabaleshwar - Accomodation Suggestions Required (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/82526-mahabaleshwar-accomodation-suggestions-required.html)

Hello

So I will be taking my first self driven vacation in India after a long time with the family of 3. Plan to take my MJD E+ to Mahabaleshwar (and Panchgini) for 3 days.

After reading many posts here narrowed down on
Route: Bombay-Pune (via Expressway)-Shirwal-Wai-Panchgani-M'War
Plan: Siteseeing but also a lot of indoor activities with kid. To sum it up
- A couple of points (2-3 max)
- Venna Lake + Boating Activities
- Mapro Factory
- Sherbaug @ Panchgani
- Table lands visit
- Swimming, Tennis and activities @ hotel for a couple of hours daily
- Pratapgadh fort (if time permits, perhaps when we leave from the destination)

Stay: Here's where I need the cost effective suggestions
Called the hotels, and the two most likely candidates were Brightland and Dreamland

A) Brightlands
They have no packages only daily rates; where I think Brightland is the most expensive. But Clear Trip has a 2N/3 day stay with only breakfast at 11K

So I thought this was a good deal since I may not have all the meals at the hotel.

- Dreamland (~15K with all meals)
Pros: Decent hotel.
Cons: Decent hotel. Brightland clearly has a lot more to do. And with cleartrip discount, this one's more expensive although all meals are included.

Others (dropped)
- Sherwoods
- Saket Plaza
- Fountain
- Rasmukh

I can use feedback and suggestions?

Edit: And suggestions where I can get a medium sized thermocol based Icebox (like the ones they use for icecream delivery)? Would use this to carry water and chill other fruits for the journey.

Thanks

@AARENES,

2 nights and 3 days are sufficient for mahaby and panchgani.
no need to stay at panchgani.
@sherbaug, better if avoided, waste of time and money.
pratapgad, must, don't skip it, better if you do it in the morning or evening.
aurthur point, bombay point, kates point, kshetra mahabaleshwar and elephant head point should be done.
while coming back from mahaby to pune, you can do mapro garden and panchgani tableland[ tableland should be done in the evening].

i always recommend hotel dreamland.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aarenes (Post 1911910)
Hello

So I will be taking my first self driven vacation in India after a long time with the family of 3. Plan to take my MJD E+ to Mahabaleshwar (and Panchgini) for 3 days.

After reading many posts here narrowed down on
Route: Bombay-Pune (via Expressway)-Shirwal-Wai-Panchgani-M'War
Plan: Siteseeing but also a lot of indoor activities with kid. To sum it up
- A couple of points (2-3 max)
- Venna Lake + Boating Activities
- Mapro Factory
- Sherbaug @ Panchgani
- Table lands visit
- Swimming, Tennis and activities @ hotel for a couple of hours daily
- Pratapgadh fort (if time permits, perhaps when we leave from the destination)

Stay: Here's where I need the cost effective suggestions
Called the hotels, and the two most likely candidates were Brightland and Dreamland

A) Brightlands
They have no packages only daily rates; where I think Brightland is the most expensive. But Clear Trip has a 2N/3 day stay with only breakfast at 11K

So I thought this was a good deal since I may not have all the meals at the hotel.

- Dreamland (~15K with all meals)
Pros: Decent hotel.
Cons: Decent hotel. Brightland clearly has a lot more to do. And with cleartrip discount, this one's more expensive although all meals are included.

Others (dropped)
- Sherwoods
- Saket Plaza
- Fountain
- Rasmukh

I can use feedback and suggestions?

Edit: And suggestions where I can get a medium sized thermocol based Icebox (like the ones they use for icecream delivery)? Would use this to carry water and chill other fruits for the journey.

Thanks

Pls go for Valley view we have been thrice to this hotel and are now addicted to it, it has veg restaurant, good clean rooms, good service, swimming pool(INDOOR TEMPRATURE CONTROLED).Go and enjoy

Quote:

Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI (Post 1912613)
Pls go for Valley view we have been thrice to this hotel and are now addicted to it, it has veg restaurant, good clean rooms, good service, swimming pool(INDOOR TEMPRATURE CONTROLED).Go and enjoy

Like Ashish suggested - dont give Prathapghad a miss. After a tiresome climb to this place and the visit inside, we had some of the best Pitla-Bhakri in a very small place there.

agree: on Valley view. We stayed there last summer. Nice clean place. Good pool. They have a few indoor games as well for the kids. The food is good as well. Plenty of varieties and spreads for the buffets. The only problem i had was with the access to this place.

Thanks guys. I'm going to checkout Valley view also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aarenes (Post 1912726)
Thanks guys. I'm going to checkout Valley view also.

You could also check out the new place called Citrus,pretty good.