Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2010, 18:14   #1
BHPian

Need help to Travel from Hassan to Coorg

Hi...

I am starting on a week long trip to Karnataka tomorrow morning along with my wife and parents. I would going to Sringeri. I guess the best route to take would be:
Chennai --> Bengaluru --> Nice Road --> Tumukur Road --> Neelamangala --> Channarayapattna --> Hassan --> Chickmagalur --> Sringeri.
We would be traveling in our Innova.

While returning we would be dropped off at Hassan as we have a 4 day package at a resort in Suntikoppa in Coorg.

I was wondering what would be the best route and transportation to take from Hassan to Coorg. When i googled I got to know that the distance is 110 kms. How are the roads.

guide me.
Old 30th May 2010, 19:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

During April, when we went to Madikeri via Kushalnagara (Suntikoppa is on the way), the roads were just ok & I could see some signs on constructions & we did it on WagonR. Innova will definitely be good ride; nothing to worry.
Old 30th May 2010, 19:27   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
Hi...

I am starting on a week long trip to Karnataka tomorrow morning along with my wife and parents. I would going to Sringeri. I guess the best route to take would be:
Chennai --> Bengaluru --> Nice Road --> Tumukur Road --> Neelamangala --> Channarayapattna --> Hassan --> Chickmagalur --> Sringeri.

While returning we would be dropped off at Hassan as we have a 4 day package at a resort in Suntikoppa in Coorg.

I was wondering what would be the best route and transportation to take from Hassan to Coorg. When i googled I got to know that the distance is 110 kms. How are the roads.

guide me.

1. You can also avoid Nelamangala.

NICE Road - Take the Magadi Road Exit - Take Magadi road - Magadi - Channarayapattna Hassan --> Chickmagalur --> Sringeri.
This would avoid the ness NH4 is in around Bangalore today.

2. Best route from Hassan to Coorg is via Gorur and Arkalgud and Ramnathpur.
Check with addyhemmige for more details.
Old 31st May 2010, 00:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
Hi...

guide me.
From Chennai to Sringeri, go by the route ampere has suggested. It will cut short the journey by a few kms and also spare you from some heavy traffic.

Travelling from Hassan to Coorg is a bit tricky since you don't have your own transportation. KSRTC has a couple of trips from Hassan to Madikeri daily, but am not sure which route they take.

To reach Suntikoppa, there are 2 routes

1. Hassan-Arkalgud-Konanur-Kushalnagar-Suntikoppa-Madikeri. This is the shorter route and no need to go to Madikeri. If the bus goes on this route, you can get down at Suntikoppa itself.

2. Hassan-Arkalgud-Mallipatna-Shanivarsante-Somwarpet-Madikeri. IIRC, this is the route the buses take. You may have to change buses in Madikeri and get to Suntikoppa (alternatively, you can ask your hosts to pick you up from Madikeri)

Since the bus frequency is not that good, I'd suggest you take a taxi from Hassan. If you take a taxi, take route no 1. Road condition is posted in the thread below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1894460

Let me know in case you need anything
Old 31st May 2010, 12:40   #5
BHPian

I am at Hosur now proceeding towards Electronic City. I would take the left on the Nice road. Is there a seperate exit for Magadi or I should take the Exit at Mysore Road and then Take right to Magadi. pls Advice asap.
Old 31st May 2010, 13:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

There is a separate exit for Magadi road. Please take that. It is the one after the Mysore road exit.
Old 31st May 2010, 15:17   #7
Team-BHP Support

After entering road, I hope you are aware that you will need to drive around Bannerghatta road section to get back to the next leg of NICE road.

People should guide you there.

In order of Exits:
Hosur Road (Entry)
Bannerghatta Road (Go around)
Kanakpura Road
NICE Road (Proposed new road to Mysore)
Actual Mysore Road (SH17)
Magadi Road

Last edited by ampere : 31st May 2010 at 15:19.
Old 1st June 2010, 07:41   #8
BHPian

Yes... I have reached Sringeri. Now I need to go to kollur. The last time i went via Agumbe, but when I googled the route shows tirthahallli. I want to know the best and fastest route to Kollur and back.

Old 1st June 2010, 08:05   #9
Team-BHP Support

Via Tirthahalli is a better road, the shorter route is via Agumbe-Haladi, but might take same time because of the narrow twisting roads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks