Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2010, 01:14   #16
BHPian

thanks ampere! I called up JLR today but no rooms available during the days I plan to be there :( .

With today's research, I've zeroed-in on two options

1. Wayanad - One my office colleague is all praise for this place. I happen to speak to fellow bhpian GentleGiant who is also planning for a trip from HYD on the same dates. He is also interested in Wayanad - so all the more reason to have some company of a bhpian. Still not checked the availability. If this is selected then rough itinerary would be:

Day 1 : HYD - Mysore (Night halt at Mysore) - ~12 Hrs drive

Day 2: Mysore - Wayanad (Night stay at Wayanad) - 3-4 Hrs drive

Day 3: Wayanad - BLR (Night stay at B'lore) - 5-6 Hrs drive

2. CKM/Chikmanglur - Highly recommended by ampere and others in this thread. Unfortunately no availability @ Bhadra resort. But it is still a very much an option. Planning to get some more data points and will discuss with GentleGiant if it fits his plan. Also, contacted fellow bhpian "KA18" (he is from CKM) for help and more info. Eagerly waiting for his reply. If this options is selected then rough itinerary would be:

Day 1: HYD- CKM (Night stay at CKM) - ~12 Hrs drive
Day 2: CKM - surrounding places (Night stay at CKM)
Day 3: CKM- BLR (Night stay at B'lore) - ~ 5 Hrs drive

Any suggestions from you guys. Will need more help with information on route etc. once I am able to finalize the destination. The deadline to finalize destination and places to stay is - 8th June 2010.

Thanks for all the help....
Old 8th June 2010, 07:06   #17
Team-BHP Support

Check this hotel in Waynad. I saw this in of the TLs.
Rates look very good and VFM. (Please note I have never been to this myself).

HOTEL ISSAC'S Regency || Experience nature's bounty, Hotels Wayanad, Resorts Wayanad, Honeymoon Tour Wayanad
Old 8th June 2010, 20:01   #18
BHPian

After lot of discussion and search - finally we selected "Wayanad" as our preferred destination.

Search is on for a good place to stay. After reading other posts on the forum and speaking to couple of friends in B'lore, I came to know about the following resorts:

1. Vythiri Resort - Called up. no cottages available only "Heaven" is available costing around 12.5K for one night stay
2. Rain Country Resort - Called up today. all rooms/cottages are blocked. he may call back tomm morning if there is any availability
3. Banasura Resort (Banasura Hill Resort - Wayanad, Kerala Resorts, Nature Resorts India) - Seems to be interesting theme but don't have much data points/feedback. Can anybody help with first hand experience?

Read reviews on the hotel suggested by ampere below but they are not very great/encouraging. So basically, I am out of options in terms of accommodation. I will be staying there for 1 night only and hoping that i can get a good deal within 7-8K (3 persons). Any suggestions, friends?

Also, as suggested earlier I plan to take a night halt at Mysore on the Day 1. Planning to book Ginger hotel for that night.

Thanks!
Old 8th June 2010, 22:08   #19
Team-BHP Support

Did you try Pepper Green, and Wynberg resorts?

I have only heard about them on the forum. Dont have any opinion. Others can comment.

Last edited by ampere : 8th June 2010 at 22:09.
Old 9th June 2010, 03:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
Read reviews on the hotel suggested by ampere below but they are not very great/encouraging. So basically, I am out of options in terms of accommodation. I will be staying there for 1 night only and hoping that i can get a good deal within 7-8K (3 persons). Any suggestions, friends?
If you don't mind staying in Kalpetta town, you could try Green Gates ( Green Gates Hotel, Wayanad, Kerala ) - No first hand experience of staying there (nor any place in Wayanad for that matter since I stay with my relatives when I go there), but based on what I've seen from outside, the place looked pretty decent, being away from the busy part of town.

I might be in Kalpetta on Saturday / Sunday, so in case you need any help in Wayanad, feel free to call - I've sent you a PM with my number.
Old 9th June 2010, 09:31   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
If you don't mind staying in Kalpetta town, you could try Green Gates ( Green Gates Hotel, Wayanad, Kerala ) - No first hand experience of staying there (nor any place in Wayanad for that matter since I stay with my relatives when I go there), but based on what I've seen from outside, the place looked pretty decent, being away from the busy part of town.

I might be in Kalpetta on Saturday / Sunday, so in case you need any help in Wayanad, feel free to call - I've sent you a PM with my number.
Many thanks Kala! I saw your message and made a note of your number. really appreciate your gesture. I will surely give you a call when I am there and take your suggestions as per weather conditions . I've checked the green gates just now but more inclined towards to Pepper Green as suggested by many bhpians. will keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Did you try Pepper Green, and Wynberg resorts?

I have only heard about them on the forum. Dont have any opinion. Others can comment.
Hi ampere - Thanks for suggesting these resorts. both of them look very good and Pepper Green is also recommended by other on the forum. I am going to call them in few minutes and book it if it is available. Thanks a ton!
Old 9th June 2010, 12:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Many thanks Kala! I saw your message and made a note of your number. really appreciate your gesture. I will surely give you a call when I am there and take your suggestions as per weather conditions . I've checked the green gates just now but more inclined towards to Pepper Green as suggested by many bhpians. will keep you posted.
You're welcome. Yes, staying in a resort that's far from towns would probably give you a much better feel of the beauty of Wayanad. Wish you a safe drive and an enjoyable stay.

I believe Pepper Green is somewhere close to Kuruva Island, right ? In that case going via Gundlupet / Sulthan bathery (NH212) would be rather roundabout. The better option would be to travel via Hunsur - Nagarahole - Kutta - Tholpetty - Kartikkulam. Kuruva Island is quite close to Kartikkulam. You can ask the resort people for directions on how to get there from the Tholpetty-Mananthawady highway. The chances of sighting wildlife is also much higher on this route (in the Nagarahole WLS). The road through the sanctuary is open only between 6 AM and 6 PM, so make sure you don't get too delayed on the way back. The road through the Bandipur forest (i.e the one on the Bathery-Gundlupet route) on the other hand closes only at 9 PM.

Be warned that Kuruva island - the major attraction near Pepper Greens - can be pretty crowded during weekends. It used to be a very quiet and lovely trek a few years back, but when I visited the place a few months ago there were hundreds of tourists thronging the place, and we had to wait close to an hour to catch the boat back from the island.
Old 10th June 2010, 01:07   #23
BHPian

Thanks once again Kala, for the mysore-Wayanad route information (that was going to be my next query). I understand your point on Kuruva Island and hoping for the best.

Other than that, the latest update from my side : accommodation at Wayanad and Mysore booked.

Now additional queries:

1. Route Hyderabad-Mysore - I've read few posts/threads on the same. Seems to be NH7 for most part. My queries are:

1.1. Is Hyd - Mysore doable in one day (12-14 hrs)? I plan to start early morning around 4-5 AM and will need to take 3-4 breaks.
1.2 What are the recommended places (clean + good food) to take breaks (breakfast, lunch, snacks) on this route?
1.3. Also, what route/precaution I need to take to avoid unnecessary traffic once I reach B'lore?

2. Any particular precautions/step I need to take (general or specific to this trip)?

Looking forward for your suggestions and advices. Thanks a ton for all the help thus far!

Warm Regards!
Old 10th June 2010, 10:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1.1. Is Hyd - Mysore doable in one day (12-14 hrs)? I plan to start early morning around 4-5 AM and will need to take 3-4 breaks.
Easily doable.Do not enter BLR,take a right at Hebbal interchange and go on and connect to the NICE road and exit NICE road at Mysore road.3am will be a better option,you would reach Blore by 12pm and Mysore by 4pm.

No places to break journey between hyd & Blr.Carry your own food and water.There is a hotel Ravi Teja at Gooty but its quite a gamble on whether it would be open or not.Other than that there are a couple of BP GHAR Dhabas @ Kurnool & after Gooty,but these places open up only around 10-11.Depend on the outsides and roadsides for bio breaks,the petrol pump washrooms are the dirtiest you would find.

Quote:
1.2 What are the recommended places (clean + good food) to take breaks (breakfast, lunch, snacks) on this route?
breakfast carry with you-no other option,
lunch at Kamat Lokaruchi on the BLR-Mysore highway.Blore-Mysore route is littered with CCDs and other eateries.

Quote:
1.3. Also, what route/precaution I need to take to avoid unnecessary traffic once I reach B'lore?
nothing much to avoid traffic in blore,the best and easiest option is to go via the NICE Road.

[/quote]
Old 10th June 2010, 14:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Easily doable.Do not enter BLR,take a right at Hebbal interchange and go on and connect to the NICE road and exit NICE road at Mysore road.3am will be a better option,you would reach Blore by 12pm and Mysore by 4pm.
nothing much to avoid traffic in blore,the best and easiest option is to go via the NICE Road.
I'm not sure if it would really be worth is travelling the extra 7 to 8 kms on NH4 to enter the NICE road. The traffic on that NH4 stretch from Goreguntepalya to NICE road entrance is in my experience much heavier than that on the outer ring road. I would prefer to take the ORR itself from NH4 to Kengeri. It would be shorter by about 8 kms, save you the toll costs (something like 30+ Rs ?) and would take you to Mysore road in about the same time - give or take 10 minutes.

I think the it should take about 45 minutes or so to get from the Hebbal flyover on NH7 to Mysore road(SH 17)/NICE road junction (25 kms if through ORR, about 33 through NICE road)
Old 10th June 2010, 19:36   #26
BHPian

@Kanwal, I have sent you an e-mail. Did you check it out?
Old 11th June 2010, 03:37   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Thanks ranjitp1! that gives me confidence. 3 am is out because it is already 3:30 - I am trying to get started around 4:15-4:30 .
Quote:
No places to break journey between hyd & Blr.Carry your own food and water.There is a hotel Ravi Teja at Gooty but its quite a gamble on whether it would be open or not.Other than that there are a couple of BP GHAR Dhabas @ Kurnool & after Gooty,but these places open up only around 10-11.Depend on the outsides and roadsides for bio breaks,the petrol pump washrooms are the dirtiest you would find.
Hmm.. thanks for this heads up.

Quote:
breakfast carry with you-no other option,
lunch at Kamat Lokaruchi on the BLR-Mysore highway.Blore-Mysore route is littered with CCDs and other eateries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
I'm not sure if it would really be worth is travelling the extra 7 to 8 kms on NH4 to enter the NICE road. The traffic on that NH4 stretch from Goreguntepalya to NICE road entrance is in my experience much heavier than that on the outer ring road. I would prefer to take the ORR itself from NH4 to Kengeri. It would be shorter by about 8 kms, save you the toll costs (something like 30+ Rs ?) and would take you to Mysore road in about the same time - give or take 10 minutes.

I think the it should take about 45 minutes or so to get from the Hebbal flyover on NH7 to Mysore road(SH 17)/NICE road junction (25 kms if through ORR, about 33 through NICE road)
Thanks Kala for your inputs. so.. two different opinions! not sure if I will be able to check this up later today but it would be great if I get some more inputs. will try to check this post once near b'lore.. hopefully I will have more clarity
Old 11th June 2010, 03:39   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
@Kanwal, I have sent you an e-mail. Did you check it out?
Yes KA18- I did. and now I realize that I forgot to reply to that. very sorry for this mistake. I've to drop CKM from my plan for various reasons this time. but thanks for all the help and information that you provided.
Old 22nd June 2010, 10:53   #29
BHPian

I've just returned few days back from this week long trip! Had a great time! Thanks a million to friends here, especially ampere, kala and ranjitp1 - your suggestions, advices and information was very helpful.

Not sure if I will be able to do - but I plan to write a small travelogue on my experience. Overall it was a great experience -

HYD - Mysore - easily doable in one day (I took 12 hrs with 2 breaks of 1.5 hrs each - NH7 - is pleasure to drive for most part

Mysore - Kuruva Island (Pepper Green Resort) thru Nagarhole - One of most scenic drive - only last 6-7 kms to the resort were tricky.
Old 22nd June 2010, 10:55   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I've just returned few days back from this week long trip! Had a great time! Thanks a million to friends here, especially ampere, kala and ranjitp1 - your suggestions, advices and information was very helpful.

Not sure if I will be able to do - but I plan to write a small travelogue on my experience. Overall it was a great experience -

HYD - Mysore - easily doable in one day (I took 12 hrs with 2 breaks of 1.5 hrs each - NH7 - is pleasure to drive for most part

Mysore - Kuruva Island (Pepper Green Resort) thru Nagarhole - One of most scenic drive - only last 6-7 kms to the resort were tricky.

Good that you had nice drive. Do let us know of your experiences. How did you bypass Bangalore during your drive? Did you take the standard ORR?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks