Team-BHP - Accommodation in Ranganathittu bird sanctuary?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Accommodation in Ranganathittu bird sanctuary? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/83110-accommodation-ranganathittu-bird-sanctuary.html)

Friends,
Anyone has any idea about accommodation in ranganathittu bird sanctuary. I am looking to stay in Ranganathittu bird sanctuary, not in Mysore & KRS.

Please advise.

I don't think there is a place to stay inside the bird sanctuary. It is a park/sanctuary with daily entries and not a place to stay.

Nainar

Its best the bird sanctuary be left to the birds to stay in! The closest lodging still remains the hotel inside KRS.

KSTDC has a Mayura in Srinrangapatna. Its a pretty decent place.

If Mayura is not available then there is kings Island resort on the other side of Mayura , good resort around 1.7K per day with breakfast , nice place to relax , the river flows just in the backard of the rooms and close to bird santuary also .

Thanks everyone for your response.
I agree with you all that the bird sanctuary should be left for birds to stay in.
I didn't put my question correctly. Sorry about that. My question was to know of place to stay very near to bird sanctuary. I read somewhere that there are 3 riverside cottage which is walking distance from bird sanctuary.

Anyway, I came to know about KSTDC Mayura river view & Amblee resort but don't know how far they are from bird sanctuary.

@Rovergen - I couldn't find details about kings Island resort on net. If you have any details which you can share, that will be great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinay.pillai (Post 1924681)

Anyway, I came to know about KSTDC Mayura river view & Amblee resort but don't know how far they are from bird sanctuary.

@Rovergen - I couldn't find details about kings Island resort on net. If you have any details which you can share, that will be great.

Both these are definitely not walkable. I have stayed at Amblee and would not recommend for staying with family. Dont know about Mayura. The only place I felt good is Young Island for staying with family.

Nainar

I had come across a place with River side cottages in the net earlier, not sure it was a homestay or a resort.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 1923318)
Its best the bird sanctuary be left to the birds to stay in! The closest lodging still remains the hotel inside KRS.

Pronto, i suggest you stay in some place in Mysore, which isnt all too far from the Bird Sanctuary. had been there last week, and i tell you, it is a heaven on earth for us bird loversclap:

Stay at Young Island Resorts, we stay there regularly while visiting Mysore and it is just at the turn off from the highway to Ranganthittu - Young Island Resorts - Eco-Friendly Resort

Royal Orchid Brindavan gardens is the closest apart from the ones in Srirangapatna. Amblee Resort is another option in Sri Rangapatna.

Ideally, stay in Mysore where options are numerous.