Team-BHP - Suggestions for my 4 day holiday
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Suggestions for my 4 day holiday (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/83769-suggestions-my-4-day-holiday.html)

Hi Guys

I am basically from Bangalore and come home every year during November-December. Every year, I make sure that 5 -6 of my chaddi friends go out on a mad mad tour, making us 'bachelors' for those days. I am looking for suggestions for places to visit this year and are still finding it difficult to finalise. Basically, we are looking for a good road drive, trekking, waterfalls, jungle kind of areas. The places we have already been to in the previous years are wayanad (thrice!!!), ooty, yercaud, bababudangiri, palakkad and telicherry.

Please helpppppppppppp!!!!!!!

Try Munnar, Valparai, Pollachi then. Would be raining though.
So would be any place on western ghats as well.

@Sub:
Try the following places:

Theme Route: Costal Karnataka

Road Drive: NH 17, NH 206, NH 48, NH 4, SH 17
Waterfalls: Jog Falls, Unchulli Falls, Lot of falls on the way, Abbe falls, mallali falls, etc
Jungle: Bhadra Santuary, Dandeli - White water rafting, Karwar - Water sports,
Bandipur, Nagarahole, etc
Trekking: Kumara Parvatha, Kodachadri etc
Complete package.

hi black stallion

thanks for that route, but are all these places around the same belt, so can I plan it as a round trip?

Ampere

Valparai was an interesting route after having read a lot of travelogues at BHP. Would November still be monsoons there??

Quote:

Originally Posted by subs (Post 1939672)
Ampere

Valparai was an interesting route after having read a lot of travelogues at BHP. Would November still be monsoons there??

November/December would be the best time to visit in my opinion. End of the monsoon seasons and water bodies in full.

In fact even I am thinking of going during that time!

Route is pretty straight forward.

BangaloreSalem-Avinashi (NH7/NH47)

Avinashi-Palladam-Pollachi-Valparai. (State Highways)

Great news Ampere

we might catch up in valparai then!! Where abouts in Bangalore do you live, the worlds a small place and you never know, we might have met during the wild times I have had when in Bangalore!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by subs (Post 1941058)
Great news Ampere

we might catch up in valparai then!! Where abouts in Bangalore do you live, the worlds a small place and you never know, we might have met during the wild times I have had when in Bangalore!!!

Travel plan is just a thought. Have to catch up with home ministry!
But yes definitely a place worth a visit.

Hi Ampere

WHat is the total distance Bangalore - Valparai?? And how long does it take considering the stops 'bachelor' boys make to refuel our spirits every now and then.

Subs

Max of 480 Km.

Bangalore-Salem : 200 (3 hours) which will include BF
Salem-Bhavani-Perindurai-Avinashi 120 (2 hours)

Avinash-Palladam-Pollachi-Valparai : 150 (2 hours)

Max of 7-8 hours. May be at Tiruppur you can break for lunch. Not sure of hotels though. Anyway does it matter for bachelors? :)

If you start by 5AM you should be able to reach by 1-2 PM.

Subs, if you do an advanced search within the travelogues section for the word "bangalore" in the title - you will get a ton of results.

Heres one : LINK

cya
R

Hi Rehaan

Thanks for that mate, appreciate it.

Subs

Hi Guys

I need suggestions/help again!!

I am coming for my annual holidays this November and am planning for a family holiday for 3 days max, preferably friday to sunday.

The whole grouo consists of my dad and mom aged around 70, me and my 2 brothers, our wives and 1 daughter each. Am looking for a place from aoround 200 kms from Bangalore, a nice peaceful place to stay and a bit away from the madness of the city.

Please help.

Subs

Quote:

Originally Posted by subs (Post 2007690)
our wives

Shouldn't it be our respective wives?
lol:

Anyway, 200 kms from Bangalore for 3 days, then you are looking at various resorts/ homestays of coorg or chikkamagaluru.

Add Waynad to the list. For wild life part, add Kabini and a host of Jungle lodges points.
The one is Bhadra reserve (Called River Tern Lodge) is awesome.

HI Mx6

You are right!! agree:

You see, doing personal work from office has its limitations, u cant afford to read and correct.

Have you got any resort details which can accomodate this crowd and is not too expensive??

Subs