Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2013, 18:33   #16
PVS
BHPian

Chikmagalur - Cab Information Requested

A quick getaway to Chikmagalur from Hyderabad is in the offing, probably in the Feb 1st week. I have two kids, and with the second one being a toddler, a 11 + hour drive has been ruled out by wifey. Public transportation is the only option left.

I plan to take KSRTC's Volvo to Shimoga, head to Chikmagalur, stay there for a couple of days (in Gateway Resorts), head back to Shimoga and catch the return Volvo to Hyderabad. I am looking for cab options from Shimoga to Chikmagalur and within Chikmagalur. Any pointers?

If there are any threads already about this topic, please point out and thanks in advance!

Last edited by PVS : 29th January 2013 at 18:35. Reason: Added Place Of Stay At Chikmagalur
Old 29th January 2013, 19:36   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: Chikmagalur - Cab Information Requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
If there are any threads already about this topic, please point out and thanks in advance!
You should co-ordinate with the resort guy to arrange one for you.
Also why Shimoga? Is there no service to Hassan? Who knows it might as well pass via Chikmagulur!
Old 29th January 2013, 21:40   #18
PVS
BHPian

Re: Chikmagalur - Cab Information Requested

No, KSRTC does not run Hyderabad Hassan services, and the closest I could get to, is Shimoga. Thanks, will check out with the resort.
Old 29th January 2013, 22:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS
No, KSRTC does not run Hyderabad Hassan services, and the closest I could get to, is Shimoga. Thanks, will check out with the resort.
Driving is going to be less stressful than going via KaSRTC.We drove Hyd CKM via Bangalore and it took us around 12hrs.Stayed at The Gateway as well.IMO take your car its the easiest rather travel till Shimoga then cab etc.We went with a 3.5yr old.Facilities are excellent enroute
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2013, 17:38   #20

Permit for Rented Car (Yellow Plate)? Inter State travel to Rajasthan

Gurus,

I am planning to take an Innova from Carzonrent with a yellow number plate. I am from Gurgaon and traveling to Udaipur with family.

1) What is the procedure of getting a permit for Rajasthan from Haryana?
2) Will I need a commercial driving license?

Thanks,
Hamlet
Old 10th December 2013, 21:26   #21
BHPian

re: Permit for Rented Car (Yellow Plate)? Inter State travel to Rajasthan

There are various types of registration numbers in commercial vehicles (DL 1Y , DL 1N DL 1Z etc). The cars that have registration numbers starting with DL 1N can be driven with a normal driving licence. Any one holding a normal driving licence for motor cars category can drive the car. While the one's that have registration numbers starting with DL 1Y needs commercial driving licence as well as driver's badge.

I am sure that Carzonrent will offer you a car with DL IN number only. You can still cross check with them.

As far as the state tax is concerned you will have to pay Rs.400/- per day as state tax for using an Innova (commercial vehicle with both DL1Y and DL 1N) at the start of Rajasthan border. Their office is situated on the left had side on NH-8 the moment you enter Rajsthan from Gurgaon and is quite visible. In case you are hiring a car for one month then you can pay monthly tax which is approximately Rs.2800/-.

Hope I have been able to answer your query.
mints21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 13:26   #22
BHPian

The "Renting a Tourist Taxi" Thread-image847516470.jpg

They will give you a car with DL1N series which can be driven on Non-Commercial License as well. Please be aware Cops in Rajasthan are always for a look for cars from Delhi/Haryana. Please do carry a document which clearly states that this is a rental car which can be self driven and doesn't require a commercial license. Trust it helps.
carzealot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2013, 06:35   #23
BHPian

Entry tax for TN, KL and AP

What is the entry tax for cabs, innova and travellers for entering into TN, KL and AP.

Also, is there any travel agent who does not charge entry tax?

We are planning to hire additional cabs for travel this month for a larger group and this information would be really helpful.
Old 15th December 2013, 15:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

It depends on the type of vehicle and the duration of the trip. The calculation is made on the number of seats, for example a Cab will be 5+1 an Innova will be 6+1 and a Maxi-cab will be 12+1

Stay duration would be from 7 days to 6 months

If you are planning all three states then you have to plan the route very carefully, for example if you are going to Tirupati, then it's better to enter through Andhra rather than enter Tamil Nadu see Golden Temple and go to Tirupati
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 11:41   #25
BHPian

Madurai to Thekkady: Advice needed in booking a cab

I have a holiday planned next week to Thekkady and Munnar, I am taking the Spiceject flight from Hyd to Madurai and have to make travel arrangements to reach Thekkady from Madurai Airport.

We are a family of 5 including a 3 year old kid, looking for suggestions to see if there are any preferred travel agencies that I can book a cab from ? How is the route and what rates can I expect for a one way drop to Thekkady for an Innova cab ?

Last edited by s@tan2s@int : 3rd April 2014 at 11:43.
Old 28th July 2014, 12:19   #26
BHPian

Worst Experience/nightmare - carzonrent

All,

Sorry for the long post.

Narrating a horrible experience I had with carzonrent - not for the selfdrive but for the chauffeur driven car rental for outstation.

I had to travel to Chennai ( from Bangalore) for a day for a very important event with family and thought will hire a bigger car instead of my Ikon and also avoid driving as I needed some rest before attending the event.

So, I go ahead and book a Innova ( or similar ) model in carzonrent website, payment made in full and acknowledgement received on Wednesday for the following Sunday travel. The status was showing as "Open" in their website...called them up on Friday and asked for confirmation that the car will be dispatched - got an answer, it is confirmed and I'll get an SMS 2 hours before travel - good enough. The status was still showing open on Saturday - bit worried, called them again to hear the answer "Don't worry sir, you'll get an SMS 2 hrs before confirmation and we are here 24 hrs to assist" - ok..worried but ok. Note - I made the booking for 5:00 AM Sunday.

Sunday - 3 AM - no SMS
Sunday - 3:15 AM - called up the customer care - the person otherside told, will check with dispatch and update me within 15 mins
Sunday - 3:45 AM - get a SMS with driver name and car details - thought, ok at last they did not ditch me ( what a fool was I ? )
Sunday - 4:30 AM - No call from driver..atleast he should be enquiring the exact place to pick up...right ? So, called the driver mobile. A sleepy guy on the other end -
Driver :"yes sir...I am the driver...you've booked for 6 - I'll come there..."
ME: I was tensed and told him - "boss, booking is for 5 AM..can you reach ?"
Driver - "Yes - I'll go to the office, pick up the car and come"
Me - "Where is your home and where is your office?"
Driver - "Office is in Ulsoor sir - I'll come"
Me thinking - Ok, Iam ditched for trusting CARZONRENT
Sunday Morning 5:00 AM - No call, neither from driver nor from cust care.
5:07 AM - called customer care and shouted that it's now 5:15 and no car is there...know what - he had the audacity to say "it is just 5:07 AM" and he went on to say that they had too many corporate bookings and hence could not arrange for dispatch. What the hell man - if they are unable to arrange, they should intimate me right ? he went on to say that I made the booking and it is my FAULT - that is the end of my softness.
5:25 AM - Just called the driver to check if he is anywhere on the way. You know what that guy tells ? Sir, I am in the office, will reach soon - do you want a 7 seater or 6 seater or whatever it was...? He has not even started the car,heck, not even decided on what car nor did anyone call me ?
Remember, all this while until 5:25 AM, I was the one making the calls and nothing I received from their end - what a customer satisfaction.

5:30 AM - Took my trusted Ford Ikon out and started.
5:50 AM - first call from the driver - did not attend. I think he called a couple of times.
6:00 AM - stopped for fuel, called their customer care and asked them to cancel the booking - he had the arrogance again to say - "Ok - as per terms and conditions, it will be cancelled and refund made "..Not even a slight sign of apology.

Came back from Chennai, made a call for cancellation and they promptly refunded the amount less Rs. 1000 - I've called them up again today to know why is it less Rs.1000 and they are going to check with dispatch and respond back to me. I am 200% sure, no one is going to call me nor I am going to get the full refund.

In future, I'll go for a local travel agency rather than doing any of these online thingy.

Note : There were lot of shoutings that happened b/w myself and customer care which I do not even remember properly due to me being highly tensed - but they never understood customer's problem is the only inference I could make.

Last, but the most important point - Thanks to my trusted Ford IKON :-)

Thanks
KPGB is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 12:45   #27
BHPian

Re: Worst Experience/nightmare - carzonrent

Sorry to hear your ordeal. Such experience make me firmly believe bad work ethics of Indian company. And we as Indians should not expect high level of service from Indian companies (Even foreign Indian companies). Its a sorry state of affair. Only if we take time to file a complaint in consumer court and win it to make the company pay.

This is same reason I dont trust radio cabs for airport and train pick ups in Mumbai. I walk to the road hail a cab and off I go.
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 12:56   #28
BHPian

Do these people understand the term "service", "customer satisfaction", etc.? How do they remain in business in today's date without knowing such things is what I fail to understand.
Old 28th July 2014, 12:57   #29
the-mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPGB View Post
All,

Came back from Chennai, made a call for cancellation and they promptly refunded the amount less Rs. 1000 - I've called them up again today to know why is it less Rs.1000 and they are going to check with dispatch and respond back to me. I am 200% sure, no one is going to call me nor I am going to get the full refund.

In future, I'll go for a local travel agency rather than doing any of these online thingy.

Thanks
Try contacting the consumer forum with all the details. If they have mentioned that a refund would be done, then an action can be taken against them for not calling you back. We tend to think all these things never work out but trust me, the consumer forum has always helped me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Such experience make me firmly believe bad work ethics of Indian company. And we as Indians should not expect high level of service from Indian companies (Even foreign Indian companies).
I agree most of the Indian companies have pathetic work ethics. In fact I have suffered from many of them myself. But I'd like to add that there are many Indian companies that are going out of their ways to provide good consumer care and interactions. We cannot call an entire bunch useless because of some rotten apples.

Old 28th July 2014, 13:00   #30
BHPian

My experience with carzonrent in Delhi was also not great but not as bad as what you experienced. It was for a selfdrive swift. The condition of the car was great though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks