Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2013, 15:41   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Saw notification for land acquisition for widening/ 4 laning NH 207 in Times of India today (Around 80 KMs).
Old 4th September 2013, 08:03   #167
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Saw notification for land acquisition for widening/ 4 laning NH 207 in Times of India today (Around 80 KMs).
Wow! Can you point to this news piece? Currently I dont see a need for the same, unless they plan to divert substantial amount of truck traffic on this route.
Old 4th September 2013, 08:54   #168
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Wow! Can you point to this news piece? Currently I dont see a need for the same, unless they plan to divert substantial amount of truck traffic on this route.
Found this on NHAI site, related to the tendering for the work on Hoskote-Dobbaspet section.

See #237 here
Direct Link to document here
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 08:57   #169
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Found this on NHAI site, related to the tendering for the work on Hoskote-Dobbaspet section.
Makes sense. Mainly for NH4 bypass for trucks from Tumkur side to Chitoor side.
Thats the freight traffic corridor part of NH207. Rest traffic is more of country side or city traffic.
Old 4th September 2013, 09:44   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I saw this on Times of India August 14th (not e paper). Not sure whether I will be able to find a link to this report.
Old 4th September 2013, 09:54   #171
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
I saw this on Times of India August 14th (not e paper). Not sure whether I will be able to find a link to this report.
No issues Pramod. NPV put the NHAI link. Looks like they are trying to 4-lane Dobbaspet-Devanahalli-Hosekote.
Old 4th October 2013, 21:03   #172
BHPian

Guys,

What would be the best route to reach Tumkur from Whitefield on a Sunday morning at 7am?

Should I take the round about of Devanahalli-Dabbaspet or considering Sunday morning I could go via ORR and get onto Tumkur road? Would there be a lot of truck traffic at the railway gate?

So should I take the ORR all the way to join Tumkur road or for reroute via Bellary Road/IISc? Or should I take the turn-off at Hebbal towards Devanahalli and deviate to Dabbaspet?

Appreciate your inputs!
Old 4th October 2013, 21:53   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Guys,

What would be the best route to reach Tumkur from Whitefield on a Sunday morning at 7am?

Should I take the round about of Devanahalli-Dabbaspet or considering Sunday morning I could go via ORR and get onto Tumkur road? Would there be a lot of truck traffic at the railway gate?

So should I take the ORR all the way to join Tumkur road or for reroute via Bellary Road/IISc? Or should I take the turn-off at Hebbal towards Devanahalli and deviate to Dabbaspet?

Appreciate your inputs!
I would suggest take the ring road, its shorter in distance and I dont think there would be too much truck traffic at 7am. However, the railway crossing is a concern. At BEL circle, you can take a right turn (Do not take the new underpass near the factory), this will take you on the HMT main road and if you are familiar with it, you can go through Aiyappa temple and join the Tumkur Road near Jalahalli Cross, this way you wont have to worry about the railway crossing.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2013, 18:10   #174
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post

Is railway crossing does not create a problem, ORR is a good option. That way you dont get into the construction mess at Yashwantpur.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 10:35   #175
Senior - BHPian

Travelled yesterday from Hyderabad to Srirangam and back.
A quick update travelled from Devanahalli to Hosur
Took the NH 207.Devanahalli to Hoskote - Good roads throughout. Reaching Hoskote have to go beneath the flyover to reach other side of NH 207.
Hoskote-Chikkatirupati Good roads throughout but lot of curves.
Chikkatirupathi- Hosur took the left turn opposite to the temple Seegepura road it is about 4kms single road drivable but occasional potholes can be managed.
From the turning of Seegapura to Hosur good roads.
I could avoid all the hassle of the speed breakers in Budigere- Varthur- Sarjapur stretch. Avoided the bottleneck at attibele toll.
The return journey was also through the same route.
Old 15th October 2013, 10:40   #176
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Finally NH207 shows it true value. Only hassles (smalls ones at that) are crossing Hoskote and some pain handling the ITPL road, NH207 junction. One may tend to get confused a bit. But apart from that its an absolute beauty to drive. And add to it no worry of speed guns as well!
Old 2nd April 2014, 12:37   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Travelled yesterday from Hyderabad to Srirangam and back.
A quick update travelled from Devanahalli to Hosur
Took the NH 207.Devanahalli to Hoskote - Good roads throughout. Reaching Hoskote have to go beneath the flyover to reach other side of NH 207.
Hoskote-Chikkatirupati Good roads throughout but lot of curves.
Chikkatirupathi- Hosur took the left turn opposite to the temple Seegepura road it is about 4kms single road drivable but occasional potholes can be managed.
From the turning of Seegapura to Hosur good roads.
I could avoid all the hassle of the speed breakers in Budigere- Varthur- Sarjapur stretch. Avoided the bottleneck at attibele toll.
Planning to bypass Bangalore using NH-207 during my next weeks drive from Hyderabad to Thiruvananthapuram. Hope the road conditions are still the same. I still have a confusion from Chikkatirupati to Malur-Hosur road.

1. Should I come back to Sarjapur and join this road at Bagalur?
2. The above route which Gajadonga has taken..
3. Google also shows 2-3 small roads connecting Chikkatirupati to Malur-Hosur road (around 3 km) between Seegepura and Sampangere. These are shorter for sure.

Last edited by rknair : 2nd April 2014 at 12:41.
Old 2nd April 2014, 12:47   #178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknair View Post
3. Google also shows 2-3 small roads connecting Chikkatirupati to Malur-Hosur road (around 3 km) between Seegepura and Sampangere. These are shorter for sure.
- None.
- Just follow the regular NH207 all the way from Chikka Tirupathi to Sarjapur to Baglur to Hosur (Right turn at Baglur).
- Please dont enter Sarjapur. NH207 forms two parts of a Y fork, where the common arm of the Y heads to Sarjapur.
Old 18th April 2014, 20:51   #179
BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Next Friday, I have to drive from Madanapalle to Mysore. I should be entering Bangalore around 10 am. To avoid getting stuck in Bangalore traffic, I have been advised to come to Electronics City and then take the NICE Road, exit at Kengeri to take SH 17 to Mysore. This route seems pretty long, and I guess there will be plenty of traffic between Hoskote and Electronics City. Can you please help me take the best (fastest, least traffic) route? Is NICE road the best option? Thanks.
Old 18th April 2014, 22:28   #180
Team-BHP Support

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vartakavi View Post
Next Friday, I have to drive from Madanapalle to Mysore. I should be entering Bangalore around 10 am.

Quote:
Can you please help me take the best (fastest, least traffic) route? Is NICE road the best option? Thanks.
Since you mention you enter Bangalore at around 10AM on a working day, take it from me that from NH4 to Mysore road, it would a real pain.

One route that I can suggest : (Totally bypass Bangalore. Not even enter inside)

Madanapalle - Chintamani - H Cross - Vijayapura - Devanahalli - Doddaballapur - Nelamangala - Kunigal - Neligere - Pandavpura - Srirangapatna - Mysore.

No Bangalore traffic whatsoever and also no Mysore road as well! You get 4-lane of NH48. Neligere-Nagamangala-Pandavpura-Srirangapatna is awesome road. (But for some humps. Though not as bad as Mysore road).

Route Link

Only flip side : Doddaballapur to Nelamangala would be a bit rough. Its doable but not all that great.
But going by the Bangalore traffic at 10, I think its well worth it.

We have an active thread to bypass Bangalore. These and similar details have been posted there.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...galore-12.html

Last edited by ampere : 18th April 2014 at 22:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks