Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2014, 08:44   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Ampere, instead of DB-Nelamangala road DB-Dobbespet will be better option considering he will be coming around 10am. DB-Dobbespet is a SH and in better condition and fast to reach Dobbespet, thereon he can continue towards Kunigal, Belluru, Nagamangala. I have travelled a few times recently and stretch between Kunigal and Nagamangala is in good condition. This way he can avoid the traffic of Bangalore-Mysore road completely.
Attached Thumbnails
On Bypassing Bangalore-map.jpg  

Last edited by deehunk : 19th April 2014 at 08:45. Reason: add info
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 15:33   #182
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Ampere, instead of DB-Nelamangala road DB-Dobbespet will be better option considering he will be coming around 10am. DB-Dobbespet is a SH and in better condition and fast to reach Dobbespet, thereon he can continue towards Kunigal, Belluru, Nagamangala. I have travelled a few times recently and stretch between Kunigal and Nagamangala is in good condition. This way he can avoid the traffic of Bangalore-Mysore road completely.
- Question is how do you hit NH48 from Dobbaspet? Come back to Nelamangala?
- Or you are referring the route via Shivaganga?
- Also Devanahallii-DB-Dobbaspet is NH207 (not a SH), and you rightly mentioned its a belter of a road.

The question is how to hit NH48 from Dobbaspet ? That was the reason I suggested the DB-Nelamangala in the first place.

This is the only post I know about Dobbaspet-Solur.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2392746

Quote:
Originally Posted by vartakavi View Post
Google maps shows a distance of 32.8 kms from Dobbaspet to Kunigal via Kudur and Marur on 'Kudur - Shivaganga Road'. This route seems to touch NH 48 about half-way. Not sure whether about the condition of this road.

Maybe you can try this when you go. As Deekunk said. NH207 is a belter of a road. But please do note, you are slowly adding up distances. Its already 300+ now.

Last edited by ampere : 19th April 2014 at 15:48.
Old 19th April 2014, 15:37   #183
BHPian

Thanks a lot Ampere and Deehunk.

Firstly, apologies for posting this on the NICE road thread.

I will take the following route and give you an update:
Madanapalle - Chintamani - Devanahalli - Dodballapur - Dabaspete - Kudur - Kunigal - Nelligere - Belluru - Nagamangala - Melukote - Srirangapatna - Mysore.

If this route works out, it will help me a lot in future because I will be driving four or five times a year from Madanapalle or from Hyderabad to Mysore and my worry is always how to transit Bangalore. If I can bye pass Bangalore completely, it will be great!

Google maps shows a distance of 32.8 kms from Dobbaspet to Kunigal via Kudur and Marur on 'Kudur - Shivaganga Road'. This route seems to touch NH 48 about half-way. Not sure whether about the condition of this road.

Last edited by mobike008 : 16th June 2014 at 12:40. Reason: Back to Back posts
Old 26th April 2014, 13:31   #184
BHPian

Thank you very much Ampere and Deehunk. I had a very smooth drive yesterday from Madanapalle to Mysore via the route you had suggested. Road surfaces were mostly good and traffic was sparse. I did the trip in 7 hours including an hour's break for lunch.

The road from Dobbaspet to Kudur was the only not so good stretch. This route, which goes via Sivaganga, is winding, narrow and has a fair number of pot-holes. Kudur to Marur is OK. But this is a small price to pay for the overall comfort of driving on this route.

It was great that we avoided not only Bangalore traffic also the traffic on Bangalore-Mysore road. I would definitely prefer this route to going from Hoskote to Electronic city and taking the NICE road to Kengeri and to Mysore. I would recommend this route for anyone driving from Hyderabad to Mysore as well.
vartakavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2014, 17:10   #185
Team-BHP Support

Great to know this. If the Dobaspet Marur is easier than the Doddaballapur Nelamangala then all the better because NH 207 is a belter all the way.
Old 28th April 2014, 20:31   #186
Senior - BHPian

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Thanks for updating road condition, one more option will be from Dobbespet reach Magadi, then take huliyurdurga-nagamangala-pandavapura-mysore. Dobbespet to Magadi stretch is better than dobbespet to kudur.

Last edited by deehunk : 28th April 2014 at 20:36.
Old 28th April 2014, 21:11   #187
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Thanks for updating road condition, one more option will be from Dobbespet reach Magadi, then take huliyurdurga-nagamangala-pandavapura-mysore. Dobbespet to Magadi stretch is better than dobbespet to kudur.
When I thought of Dobbaspet-NH48 interaction, I thought, he would have taken this stretch. Thats what I meant by Shivaganga road. Once on NH48, I think Neligere-Nagamangala is much better option than Magadi-Huliyurdurga. Of course its a beautiful road to explore. Have driven through that stretch a couple of times (SH85).
Old 13th June 2014, 12:22   #188
BHPian

I undertook a Hyderabad-Madikere return journey last week and I had taken the Bangalore bypass option through Dodballapur-Dabaspet-road through Shivaganga-Mangalore highway to proceed further towards Madikere.

1) Exit from NH7 to Dodballapur was little rough and I also remember a couple of level crossing with the usual associated chaos.
2) Dodballapur to Dabaspet is quite good and I could maintain 80-90kmoph on these roads. Lots of speedbreakers though. Also there was some procession which held traffic for around 15-20 mins
3) Dabaspet to Mangalore highway via Shivaganga is a narrow, winding roads with lots of speed breakers. There wre some stretches with no roads at all. Overall, Iw ould not recommend this narrow road. Some locals were also advising us why we took this route when the best way to reach Mangalore highway from Dodballapur was through Neelamangala and not the long route through Dobaspet.

Keeping the above point in mind, during the return journey, I went upto Neelamangala, took right towards Bangalore, passed yeshwnatpur and took the direct road to Hebbal. From Hebbal, it was butter smooth till Hyderabad via the airport flyover. The only pain point on this route was the railway crossing after taking left turn at Yeshwantpur. Ia lso found the traffic moving and the roads were much better than the roads that I took to bypass Bangalore.
Old 16th June 2014, 08:01   #189
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
3) Dabaspet to Mangalore highway via Shivaganga is a narrow, winding roads with lots of speed breakers. There wre some stretches with no roads at all. Overall, Iw ould not recommend this narrow road. Some locals were also advising us why we took this route when the best way to reach Mangalore highway from Dodballapur was through Neelamangala and not the long route through Dobaspet.
A bit surprised. (esp the no roads part). Can you mark on google which road you took? The previous update on the same option was that this decent. (Hence my doubt)

Is this the road you took? Route Link Or you took the Kudur/Marur road? That I think would be narrow.

Sorry if I suggested you a bad road.

Last edited by ampere : 16th June 2014 at 08:02.
Old 16th June 2014, 08:22   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
A bit surprised. (esp the no roads part). Can you mark on google which road you took?
Even I am as this remains in good condition from the last update I heard elsewhere too, and this update was from March. I am sure this is not one of those roads that go shambles as an annual affair.

Would like to know if this is the same road that was taken and if it was bad!

Last edited by paragsachania : 16th June 2014 at 08:23.
Old 16th June 2014, 09:35   #191
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Even I am as this remains in good condition from the last update I heard elsewhere too, and this update was from March. I am sure this is not one of those roads that go shambles as an annual affair.

Would like to know if this is the same road that was taken and if it was bad!
If you see maps, one road leads to Shivaganga monolith and then you beyond to Kudur and finally join NH48 at Marur. Instead one should take the SH3 which joins the NH48 earlier to Marur. Thats the road which needs to be taken and not the Kudur/Marur road.
Old 23rd June 2014, 16:30   #192
BHPian

Sorry for the late reply. I was busy with work. I checked my mobile phone for the trip records and was surprised to find that I had taken a wrong turn somewhere after Shivaganga. I was advised by some of the locals to take this route. Most of them were not aware of the Bangalore Mangalore highway and I had to ask them for the route to Marur/Neligere, any place which they were aware of. Unfortunately both my wife's and my mobile were not having signal and my mobile would not lock onto GPS as well. I am surprised how it is showing the trip records now if it did not have either GPS or GPRS during the trip.

Anyway this is the road i took.

http://goo.gl/maps/FBw1i

Roads after Shivaganga is a total nightmare until I touched the highway somewhere near Solur. Pure hell. Me being a non local and not at all conversant in Kannada and with no road signs, all added to my woes. Luckily it was afternoon and there were some people on the roads.

Last edited by racer_ash : 23rd June 2014 at 16:34.
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 17:07   #193
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Anyway this is the road i took.

http://goo.gl/maps/FBw1i

Roads after Shivaganga is a total nightmare until I touched the highway somewhere near Solur. Pure hell. Me being a non local and not at all conversant in Kannada and with no road signs, all added to my woes. Luckily it was afternoon and there were some people on the roads.
Yes thats the bad road. You should have take the regular SH3. I think that is much better.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 18:16   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Yes thats the bad road. You should have take the regular SH3. I think that is much better.
The problem was that there were absolutely no directions on these interior roads and I had to invariably ask the local people for help. While on the google maps, the road looks pretty much straight-forward, on the actual, the roads are too confusing. Too many roads joining in and branching out and all look the same. That is what led me onto this road to hell.
Old 4th August 2014, 22:47   #195
BHPian

Coming from Hyd - reaching Devanahalli - What is the best route to get on to Kanakapura Road ? Will be reaching Devanahalli in the 1-3 pm time on a weekday. Is it better to reach Hebbal crossing & then getting on to Kanakapura road ? I am a totally lost inside Bangalore...but have bypassed Blr couple of times via Devanahalli to Nelamangala, & Hosur Road side..

Most Viewed