Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2014, 23:27   #196
Team-BHP Support

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
Coming from Hyd - reaching Devanahalli - What is the best route to get on to Kanakapura Road ? Will be reaching Devanahalli in the 1-3 pm time on a weekday. Is it better to reach Hebbal crossing & then getting on to Kanakapura road ? I am a totally lost inside Bangalore...but have bypassed Blr couple of times via Devanahalli to Nelamangala, & Hosur Road side..
With the elevated road up and running, coming all the way to Hebbal is a breeze. Beyond that you take the Outer Ring towards Tumkur side and get on the NH4 at Yashwantpur. Once on NH4, you exit to NICE road and there on to Kanakpura road.

Route Link

Now the only impediment here is that you can get stuck in that small section from Hebbal to Penya. Where there is a railway over bridge construction in progress.

As against that, you can drive till Doddaballapur- Nelamangala and then drive back to Bangalore on NH4 and then take the NICE road exit.

Route Link

Now this option bypasses the city traffic totally. But then you get to see bad roads around Doddaballapur-Nelamangala section.

Given the option, I would say it would worth the risk to take the Hebbal road. Esp because the elevated road make it a smooth ride all the way till Hebbal. And if you able to go past ORR by early noon that would be good. But be aware that there are trucks in this section waiting to hit the 4-lane NH4. So expect some congestion.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 09:32   #197
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
Coming from Hyd - reaching Devanahalli - What is the best route to get on to Kanakapura Road ? Will be reaching Devanahalli in the 1-3 pm time on a weekday. Is it better to reach Hebbal crossing & then getting on to Kanakapura road ? I am a totally lost inside Bangalore...but have bypassed Blr couple of times via Devanahalli to Nelamangala, & Hosur Road side..
In addition to the options Amp has listed, you can do this as well:
Cross Hebbal-Outer Ring Road junction and proceed straight up to the next junction at Mekhri circle, here take the service road (not the underpass ) so you get on top of the bridge. Make a right turn at the signal, go past IISC and you're at Yashwanthapur, proceed straight on NH4 till you see a left turn for NICE Road and then you can get to Kanakapura Road.

*Only thing is at the IISC junction you will turn to extreme left and then make a U turn onto the underpass on that road to get past the IISC junction but almost all traffic will follow this routine so shouldn't be an issue.
This route is not as difficult as it may sound - I don't intend to confuse you

Last edited by NPV : 5th August 2014 at 09:35.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 10:06   #198
Team-BHP Support

I would have suggested what NPV mentioned. But refrained from that as I did not want to confuse you either.

This is what he meant: Route Link
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 11:37   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
*Only thing is at the IISC junction you will turn to extreme left and then make a U turn onto the underpass
This used to happen in the past. Now, Mekhri to Yeswantpur is a straight line.
Divya Sharan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 12:08   #200
BHPian

Re: Bangalore: Detours to avoid Traffic Lights

Very good thread. Over the years - I have tried all sort of possible routes and none seem to solve my purpose.

When approaching from Hosur to Join the NH7 which is the best possible route to avoid bangalore city.

I have tried:

- NICE Road and exit ( at kanakpura ? ) to ultimately join the airport road.
- Madiwala - Koramangala - palace road - hebbal - yehlanka - devenahalli.
- ORR ( Madiwala - Marathahalli KR Puram - Hebbal ).

to me all seem equally time consuming.

It take about 1.5 hours at the least from Madiwala to reach BIAL.

Is there any way to avoid bangalore at all ?

From Sarjapura to reach chikballapur ?
Old 5th August 2014, 15:58   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
This used to happen in the past. Now, Mekhri to Yeswantpur is a straight line.
Exactly! Thanks to the CNR Rao underpass fully functional now, it has ensured to ease a lot out from the typical bottleneck this area faced.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 16:07   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Beyond that you take the Outer Ring towards Tumkur side and get on the NH4 at Yashwantpur. Once on NH4, you exit to NICE road and there on to Kanakpura road.
It should be also noted that if one takes the elevated expressway in NH-4, there is no exit at NICE road junction. One should get into to the service road as soon as the toll is paid for the expressway.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 5th August 2014 at 16:09.
guyfrmblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 06:45   #203
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
It should be also noted that if one takes the elevated expressway in NH-4, there is no exit at NICE road junction. One should get into to the service road as soon as the toll is paid for the expressway.
Does toll need to be paid even if one takes the service road from the place where the elevated road to Peenya begins just after Jalahalli-ORR junction ?
Old 6th August 2014, 07:21   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does toll need to be paid even if one takes the service road from the place where the elevated road to Peenya begins just after Jalahalli-ORR junction ?
No need to pay the toll if you don't take the elevated road. But its always better to take the elevated road, pay the toll and then exit to service road to join NICE road since it saves lot of time.
Old 6th August 2014, 08:26   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It should be also noted that if one takes the elevated expressway in NH-4, there is no exit at NICE road junction.
The NICE road starts after the elevated road ends. Hence no problem there.

So you can take the elevated road. Immediately after the toll, take the exit & move to the service road. The NICE road is soon after this. Not easy to get confused.
Quote:
No need to pay the toll if you don't take the elevated road.
You dont need to pay the toll only if you are on the service road all the way. You pay the toll as long as you are on the main section - whether on the elevated section, or right below it.

Considering that the toll is only 20/- one way (30 for the day pass), I would suggest to take the elevated section & cover that distance in 5-7 minutes rather than taking 30-40 min on the service road.

Last edited by condor : 6th August 2014 at 08:28.
Old 6th August 2014, 08:50   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The NICE road starts after the elevated road ends. Hence no problem there.
I was actually referring to the expressway stretch after the toll booth. First time when I had gone there, I descended the elevated road, paid the toll and continued in the expressway only to find out that there is no exit to NICE road.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 09:23   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was actually referring to the expressway stretch after the toll booth. First time when I had gone there, I descended the elevated road, paid the toll and continued in the expressway only to find out that there is no exit to NICE road.
Something that I have been doing at least thrice or four times a month whenever I need to reach E-city faster in peak hour traffic from my Vidyaranyapura home and I couldn't agree more on this.

The exit is soon after the toll and you are hardly gaining momentum that you can very easily miss this exit if you do not watch out for the exit on the left. If you miss this, the only exit is Nelemangala town which is at least 8 kms beyond this point.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 10:51   #208
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padcot Prakash View Post
When approaching from Hosur to Join the NH7 which is the best possible route to avoid bangalore city.

I have tried:

- NICE Road and exit ( at kanakpura ? ) to ultimately join the airport road.
- Madiwala - Koramangala - palace road - hebbal - yehlanka - devenahalli.
- ORR ( Madiwala - Marathahalli KR Puram - Hebbal ).

to me all seem equally time consuming.

It take about 1.5 hours at the least from Madiwala to reach BIAL.

Is there any way to avoid bangalore at all ?

From Sarjapura to reach chikballapur ?
Yes. Some options:
1. From Hosur, take the NH 207 all the way upto Hoskote and go to other side of 207 to reach NH 7 at Devanahalli. This may be a good option in terms of time.
2. When coming into Bangalore from Hosur, just after the toll gate, stay on service lane and go below first flyover and turn right onto Sarjapur road. From sarjapur go via Dommasandra and turn right onto Varthur road, the one with many international schools. It merges at Old Airport Road where you turn right go past Hoodi signal, past Sai baba ashram and reach NH4 old madras road. Turn left and at next junction Budigere cross, go below flyover. This road goes via Mandur and joins NH 207 near Devanahalli and merges with NH 7 little ahead. This may not be a great option in terms of time especially on weekdays and peak hours.
Old 8th August 2014, 15:01   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Some options:
1. From Hosur, take the NH 207 all the way upto Hoskote and go to other side of 207 to reach NH 7 at Devanahalli. This may be a good option in terms of time.
2. When coming into Bangalore from Hosur, just after the toll gate, stay on service lane and go below first flyover and turn right onto Sarjapur road. From sarjapur go via Dommasandra and turn right onto Varthur road, the one with many international schools. It merges at Old Airport Road where you turn right go past Hoodi signal, past Sai baba ashram and reach NH4 old madras road. Turn left and at next junction Budigere cross, go below flyover. This road goes via Mandur and joins NH 207 near Devanahalli and merges with NH 7 little ahead. This may not be a great option in terms of time especially on weekdays and peak hours.

This route makes sense when we look at google maps. But how is this road surface and traffic conditions ? Any ones' experience ?
Old 8th August 2014, 16:26   #210
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padcot Prakash View Post
This route makes sense when we look at google maps. But how is this road surface and traffic conditions ? Any ones' experience ?
Road condition is good. Do look at the "On bypassing Bangalore" thread for recent updates. Also maybe the NH 207 thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks