Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2014, 22:56   #211
BHPian

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Hi guys I'm doing BIAL Bangalore airport - Mangalore this week. Most probably will leave Airport by 1pm.

I want to avoid Neelmangala traffic block.

I was thinking of the following route.

BIAL- Devannahalli- doddaballapura- Dabaspet- Kunnigal-then onto the Bangalore Mangalore road via Hassan

How is the Dabaspet - Kunnigal section? Can it be done late night, that is if I happen to take the later flight.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ortho_surgeon : 14th September 2014 at 22:58.
Old 14th September 2014, 23:29   #212
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post
Hi guys I'm doing BIAL Bangalore airport - Mangalore this week. Most probably will leave Airport by 1pm.
Quote:
BIAL- Devannahalli- doddaballapura- Dabaspet- Kunnigal-then onto the Bangalore Mangalore road via Hassan
Doddaballapur - Nelamangala yes. But I think Dobbaspet-Kunigal would be a long shot.

If you take Doddaballapur-Nelamangala, you should not see traffic. You dont touch the NH4, 4-lane. You go below it at Nelamangala and join the Hassan 4-lane directly.

Quote:
Can it be done late night, that is if I happen to take the later flight.
Wont advice. For night, its good to go through Bangalore.

Last edited by ampere : 14th September 2014 at 23:31.
Old 15th September 2014, 00:01   #213
BHPian

Quote:

I was thinking of the following route.

How is the Dabaspet - Kunnigal section? Can it be done late night, that is if I happen to take the later flight.

Thanks in advance.
I would still suggest that you go through the city. KIAL-Hebbal- Mekhri circle- IISc- Yeshwantpur-Tumkur road( tollway)- Nelamangala-Kunigal.

You will not encounter any traffic till Mekhri circle as it is mostly signal free toll road. You might encounter traffic from Mekhri circle to Elevated toll road but I don't expect any major traffic jams at 2:00 pm.

The above route would be shorter than the KIAL -Dodaballapur- Dabaspet-Kunigal by 20 Kms and would take lesser time
sureshurs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 00:08   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If you take Doddaballapur-Nelamangala, you should not see traffic. You dont touch the NH4, 4-lane. You go below it at Nelamangala and join the Hassan 4-lane directly.
That's a real nice piece of advise there. Last Tuesday I drove from the airport after dropping my cousin there and I took the city route. It was early morning and the traffic was sparse. But route noted
Old 15th September 2014, 03:44   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Yeshwantpur-Tumkur road( tollway)-
I haven't encountered this road as yet. Can you please mention how do I get onto this?

I know the route upto IISc but this section,I go through yeshwantpur station then through Gokuldas Imaging, I think.
Old 15th September 2014, 07:32   #216
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I haven't encountered this road as yet. Can you please mention how do I get onto this?

I know the route upto IISc but this section,I go through yeshwantpur station then through Gokuldas Imaging, I think.
Once you are past Yeshwantpur, there is an elevated tolled road (Just like the one in South Bangalore from Silk Board to Electronic City). This takes you from Yeshwantpur to Nelamangala. There are almost no jams on this section.
Old 10th December 2014, 19:58   #217
BHPian

Bangalore to Chintamani?

Bhpians,
Need to travel to Chintamani from Bangalore. Which is the best route?
1. Via Hoskote.
or,
2. Via Devanahalli.
Old 10th December 2014, 20:52   #218
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore to Chintamani?

The route via Hoskote is the best option but expect a hump ridden stretch. The chance of missing the left turn near Hoskote is high, be alert.
https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Ba...246,77.7257157

Last edited by deehunk : 10th December 2014 at 20:53.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 15:40   #219
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to drive to Hyderabad next week. Which route is better to reach Devanahalli - Outerring road - Hebbal or via Hoskote?
Old 16th January 2015, 15:46   #220
BHPian

Quote:

This is the route:

IISc (to your right) - Yeshwanthpur Flyover - Right turn at Metro Cash & Carry - Straight at Vivanta Taj Hotel Signal - Straight at Gokaldas Images Signal - You are automatically on the elevated expressway now (just after Gokaldas signal if you take left turn, you go on the non expressway mainroad and to its left is the service road).

After you get down from the expressway, you have the toll gate near Parle G factory. Then further ahead you get the Jas toll booth for Blr - Tumkur highway.
Old 16th January 2015, 15:51   #221
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
I am planning to drive to Hyderabad next week. Which route is better to reach Devanahalli - Outerring road - Hebbal or via Hoskote?
If you start early morning, nothing like ORR. If its peak traffic, then Varthur road-BIAL Road-Devanahalli works good. No point going all the way to Hoskote for NH207. Thats a big-big detour.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 20:31   #222
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
From where are you starting ? If its early morning going through the city will be fast.
For example if you stay near Old Madras road, taking outer ring road to hebbal will be fast. Or take BIAL Road from old Madras road and reach devanahalli directly.
If you stay near silk board take outer ring road all the way to hebbal.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2015, 06:16   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
From where are you starting ? If its early morning going through the city will be fast.
For example if you stay near Old Madras road, taking outer ring road to hebbal will be fast. Or take BIAL Road from old Madras road and reach devanahalli directly.
If you stay near silk board take outer ring road all the way to hebbal.
My starting point is Whitefield. Sorry for missing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If you start early morning, nothing like ORR. If its peak traffic, then Varthur road-BIAL Road-Devanahalli works good. No point going all the way to Hoskote for NH207. Thats a big-big detour.
So I will take the ORR - Hebbal route.
Old 17th January 2015, 07:46   #224
BHPian

Quote:

So I will take the ORR - Hebbal route.
I do itpl - hyd very frequently. I always take the budigere route. It has recently been tarred too. This way you also avoid the bial tolls and the traffic/interceptor. I once got fined for doing 70 on my bike and have avoided that route since.

Downside is that it is single carriageway so at night there are highbeams to contend with. And two of the speed breakers are really big and a low sedan/hatch can scrape if fully loaded.

Note, I don't go to hoskote toll booth. That's a different road.
ak916 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2015, 07:51   #225
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I will take the ORR - Hebbal route.
Or go via hope farm circle, Saibaba ashram to join old madras road, turn left and take the next right turn at Budigere cross to take BIAL road and join NH7 near Devenahalli. I think this is a good option for you since you start from Whitefield.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks