Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2015, 23:13   #301
BHPian

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
I'll be driving from Hosur to B'lore airport next month end. Can I take the above route there by bypassing B'lore city or since I'll be driving on a sunday is it fine to pass through the city?
On Sundays Bangalore traffic is very light until evening. I would say use the below route:

Hosur -> Electronics city -> Silk board -> Forum mall -> Anil Kumble circle -> Queens' road -> Chalukya hotel (turn right here) -> Hebbal -> Airport

Good quality broad roads throughout. You can also see the newly prepared St. Marks road
Old 13th October 2015, 20:01   #302
BHPian

Hi Gurus - Will be traveling from HYD to Mysore (have done this route previously - so know what to expect). Any suggestions for Devanhalli to Kengeri via NICE road ... I want to try to avoid the railway crossing between Hebbal and Peenya. Any suggestions ? Thanks !
Old 13th October 2015, 20:09   #303
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTiger View Post
Hi Gurus - Will be traveling from HYD to Mysore (have done this route previously - so know what to expect). Any suggestions for Devanhalli to Kengeri via NICE road ... I want to try to avoid the railway crossing between Hebbal and Peenya. Any suggestions ? Thanks !
Two Options:

1. Use Mysore road, but bypass Bangalore by Doddaballapur-Nelamangala-NICE

Devanahallil-Doddaballapur-Nelamangala-Nice Road - Mysore

Route Link

2. Use Hassan highway and turn to Srirangapatna at Neligere.
Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet-Guddemaranahalli-Neligere-Melkote-Pandavpura-Srirangapatna-Mysore
(This is absolutely zero Bangalore traffic, Zero Mysore road traffic, 4-Lane GQ up to Neligere and Good 2-lane up to Srirangapatna. But you will see many humps once you are on the 2-lane road. Pandavpura-Sringapatna will see some traffic.

Route Link

Last edited by ampere : 13th October 2015 at 20:11.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 01:18   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Two Options:

Route Link

2. Use Hassan highway and turn to Srirangapatna at Neligere.
Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet-Guddemaranahalli-Neligere-Melkote-Pandavpura-Srirangapatna-Mysore
(This is absolutely zero Bangalore traffic, Zero Mysore road traffic, 4-Lane GQ up to Neligere and Good 2-lane up to Srirangapatna. But you will see many humps once you are on the 2-lane road. Pandavpura-Sringapatna will see some traffic.

Route Link
Ampere, exactly on Oct 2 night I drove Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Dabaspet-Gudemarnahalli-Kunigal-Bellur Cross and back.

The Devanahalli Doddaballapur road is good while the Doddaballapur Dabaspet is now patchy but still driveable.

Now coming to the main part - Dabaspet Gudemarnahalli is a road better be avoided. Its under expansion phase and at few sections there are no roads at all. The road becomes wide in bits and pieces after Shivagange but still no way a time saver to touch Bangalore Mangalore highway.

I would instead suggest driving till Nelamangala and turn right underneath the flyover but definitely not the Gudemarnahalli option.

It is advisable as a nice short cut through Gmaps but the road conditons tell a different story here.

Glad I got a notification for this thread that I could post some vital input.

Last edited by paragsachania : 14th October 2015 at 01:23.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 08:41   #305
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Glad I got a notification for this thread that I could post some vital input.
Thanks! Thats a good update Parag. I was not aware about the road condition. Last I remember a post saying its decent. So looks like the only option in that case would be :

Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Nelamangala.

Now that if one touches Nelamangala, its better to take, Neligere-Nagamangala-Srirangapatna option instead of going back to Mysore road.
Old 14th October 2015, 09:54   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Thats a good update Parag. I was not aware about the road condition. Last I remember a post saying its decent..
Well, I could notice expansion work at many sections of this 20 odd kms stretch post which the drive should be smoother for sure. Not sure if petty villages in between will get wide roads. From looks, it certainly seemed that it would take at least an year for the whole stretch to complete. Otherwisr its a very good option to reach NH48.

The subsequent weekend, I again drove Magadi Kunigal and have the following updates:

Bangalore Magadi remains fantastic as before. Magadi Kunigal which had developed patchy surfaces and few potholes in the initial 10 kms is now 100% clean with roads patched up neatly all throughout.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 11:24   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Well, I could notice expansion work at many sections of this 20 odd kms stretch post which the drive should be smoother for sure. Not sure if petty villages in between will get wide roads. From looks, it certainly seemed that it would take at least an year for the whole stretch to complete. Otherwisr its a very good option to reach NH48.

The subsequent weekend, I again drove Magadi Kunigal and have the following updates:

Bangalore Magadi remains fantastic as before. Magadi Kunigal which had developed patchy surfaces and few potholes in the initial 10 kms is now 100% clean with roads patched up neatly all throughout.
Hi

I will be travelling from Hyderabad -Mysore as well. So if i understand correctly best route is - > Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet-Guddemaranahalli-Neligere-Neligere-Nagamangala-Srirangapatna

Please confirm

TIA
Old 14th October 2015, 11:26   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wads78 View Post
Hi

I will be travelling from Hyderabad -Mysore as well. So if i understand correctly best route is - > Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet-Guddemaranahalli-Neligere-Neligere-Nagamangala-Srirangapatna

Please confirm

TIA
Please read the last 3 posts-

Your best bet is - Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet-Nelamamgala-Neligere-Nagamangala-Pamdavapura-Srirangapatna
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 19:03   #309
Senior - BHPian

Driven yesterday bypassing Banglore.

Devanahalli to Hosur road status

Devanahalli- Hoskote.
Good roads

Hoskote - Malur.
Dual carriage way lots of potholes some places broken roads can't speed more than 60kms/hr.

Malur- Hosur.
Good roads occasional potholes manageable.

Took about 2 hrs as Malur town traffic slows down the pace.

Drove evening between 7 and 9pm

Last edited by gajadonga : 24th October 2015 at 19:06.
gajadonga is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 19:39   #310
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Hoskote - Malur.
Dual carriage way lots of potholes some places broken roads can't speed more than 60kms/hr.

Malur- Hosur.
Good roads occasional potholes manageable.
Maybe you could have taken NH 207 all the way from Hoskote to Hosur ? That would have probably been better in terms of road conditions.
Old 24th October 2015, 20:04   #311
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hoskote - Malur.
Took about 2 hrs as Malur town traffic slows down the pace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Maybe you could have taken NH 207 all the way from Hoskote to Hosur ? That would have probably been better in terms of road conditions.
I think he chose Malur for a reason. 207 has quite many twists and turns beyond Hoskote. Malur option, if the roads are good, can be a good bypass. But looks like potholes and town traffic spoil the fun.

So for the moment its still 207 as the best bypass option.

Last edited by ampere : 24th October 2015 at 20:11.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 21:08   #312
BHPian

Does 207 touch Atibelle? That toll is notorious for long queues. Skipping that certainly makes sense.
Old 24th October 2015, 21:30   #313
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Does 207 touch Atibelle? That toll is notorious for long queues. Skipping that certainly makes sense.
No it does not. It takes you much beyond. It directly takes you to Hosur.
Old 26th October 2015, 06:59   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think he chose Malur for a reason. 207 has quite many twists and turns beyond Hoskote. Malur option, if the roads are good, can be a good bypass. But looks like potholes and town traffic spoil the fun.

So for the moment its still 207 as the best bypass option.
I had been to Chikka Tirupathi on 24.10.2015. I took the NH207 from Sarjapura. This is a pretty narrow 2 lane NH with lots of twists and turns. At some places the turning is almost equal to 90 deg. But this stretch is devoid of potholes. I drove in the night and I must say it is risky considering the fact that people drive with high beam on and the road is full of twists and turns.
Old 14th December 2015, 18:13   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Two Options:

Route Link
Quote:
Driven yesterday bypassing Banglore.

Devanahalli to Hosur road status
Hi ppl,

I was looking for options to bypass Bangalore from NH7/Hyd side towards Hosur and from last few posts got the above two options.
First one from Ampere/Parag's feedback while extending it further on NICE road and exiting towards Electronic city.
The other as pointed out by Gajadonga, this looks much shorter but how does this work out w.r.t. time/ease overall?

Most Viewed