Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2015, 19:09   #316
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

I think the following are good options for devanahalli to hosur:
1. Take the BIAL Road to Mandur, Budigere cross and reach old madras road, turn left and take next right below flyover onto the varthur road via sai baba Ashram. Go past hope farm and continue towards varthur and you get to attibele via sarjapur police station. There on continue on hosur road.

2. From devanahalli take NH 207 all the way to Hoskote, merge onto old madras road and continue on other side of 207 all the way to Bagalur and you reach at Hosur just opposite the bus stand.

*same starting point for both 207 and BIAL Road - proceed on the road opposite devanahalli police station. 3-4 km later BIAL Road forks to right and straight is 207.

Last edited by NPV : 14th December 2015 at 19:15.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 19:24   #317
BHPian

There is one more option. BIAL to Yelahanka to Jalahalli HMT road and join NH4. Take right turn to outer ring road. In outer ring road take the NICE road exit just before PESIT and from there on to NH7. Might sound complicated but free flowing all through except for the right turn from NH4 towards ORR
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 20:08   #318
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
First one from Ampere/Parag's feedback while extending it further on NICE road and exiting towards Electronic city.
NICE option wont work. Just take NH207 all the way from Devanahalli to Hosur via Hoskote, Sarjapur and Bagalur. Account for about 2 hours for a distance of 90km.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I think the following are good options for devanahalli to hosur:
1. Take the BIAL Road to Mandur, Budigere cross and reach old madras road, turn left and take next right below flyover onto the varthur road via sai baba Ashram. Go past hope farm and continue towards varthur and you get to attibele via sarjapur police station. There on continue on hosur road.
Not at all worth it. Broken Varthur road, possible jams around Forum mall and last but not least, you still hit Atibelle only.

Quote:
2. From devanahalli take NH 207 all the way to Hoskote, merge onto old madras road and continue on other side of 207 all the way to Bagalur and you reach at Hosur just opposite the bus stand.
Yes this is the ONLY solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
There is one more option. BIAL to Yelahanka to Jalahalli HMT road and join NH4. Take right turn to outer ring road. In outer ring road take the NICE road exit just before PESIT and from there on to NH7. Might sound complicated but free flowing all through except for the right turn from NH4 towards ORR
Again not worth it. For the same reason that you only end up at Electronic city. That means you still have cross Atibelle toll and truck traffic at the state border.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 23:58   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
NICE option wont work. Just take NH207 all the way from Devanahalli to Hosur via Hoskote, Sarjapur and Bagalur. Account for about 2 hours for a distance of 90km.
Looks like NH207 is the best option at present.
But the this route does have quite a few acute turns, hope they are reasonably identifiable lest you end up spending time to retrace your path!!
Old 15th December 2015, 08:58   #320
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Looks like NH207 is the best option at present.
But the this route does have quite a few acute turns, hope they are reasonably identifiable lest you end up spending time to retrace your path!!
Have Google maps handy and just follow NH207 to the end. It will lead you to Hosur.

- It cuts NH4 4-lane at Hoskote
- There are few 90 degree turns as well beyond Hoskote
- When you hit Sarjapur, you hit one of "Y" arms of the fork. So you almost have to take a U to be on NH207. Else you go into Sarjapur town, which you should not.
- At Baglur you hit the T-Junction. Take right here.

Last edited by ampere : 15th December 2015 at 09:04.
Old 16th December 2015, 20:09   #321
BHPian

Dear All,

I am planning Hyderabad to Madurai road trip later this month. I understand from these posts that NH207 is best option to bypass Bangalore. Since I will be traveling with kids, I am yet to decide if I should halt in Bangalore or push all the way to Madurai all the way.

Can you let me know the best locations (close to NH207) to look for a hotel if we have to halt in Bangalore? The idea then is to spend the night there and start again the next morning.

Thank you all for your help.
Old 16th December 2015, 20:20   #322
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skotha View Post
Can you let me know the best locations (close to NH207) to look for a hotel if we have to halt in Bangalore? The idea then is to spend the night there and start again the next morning.
Hyderabad to Bangalore will be a 6-7 hour drive depending on time you start and breaks taken. Bangalore-Madurai will take another 6-8 hours so you are looking easily at a 12+ hour drive, not sure if you can do that with a child on board.

If you take the NH 207 to bypass Bangalore and reach Hosur, better to look for a hotel there. Sarovar Portico in Hosur is decent but you will have to drive a bit towards the opposite direction to reach the place from Hosur Bus Stand.

Or you could drive further from Hosur to Krishnagiri and stay here

Last edited by NPV : 16th December 2015 at 20:25.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 20:50   #323
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skotha View Post
I am planning Hyderabad to Madurai road trip later this month. I understand from these posts that NH207 is best option to bypass Bangalore. Since I will be traveling with kids, I am yet to decide if I should halt in Bangalore or push all the way to Madurai all the way.
+1 to NPV

Madurai would a tiring drive for a day. Best would be to take a break at Hosur where NH207 ends. That way you are past Bangalore and can exit the hotel easily the next day.

You have Sarovar and Cenneys (recently opened) at Hosur. Do check them.
Old 18th December 2015, 11:52   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wads78 View Post
... if i understand correctly best route is - > Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet-Guddemaranahalli-Neligere-Neligere-Nagamangala-Srirangapatna
Wads .. which route did you take eventually? any points to remember/avoid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Please read the last 3 posts-

Your best bet is - Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet-Nelamamgala-Neligere-Nagamangala-Pamdavapura-Srirangapatna
Parag ... I tried to map this route and Nelamangala to Neligare ultimately came through Gudemaranahalli which you mentioned should be avoided.
Instead were you suggesting Nelamangala -> Continue on NICE ring road -> exit at Magadi road -> Magadi -> Kunigal -> Neligere (GM route link)?

But this is getting to about 280kms vis-a-vis 215kms through SH17/NH275, will it be overall advantageous if I am passing through around 2pm?
Old 18th December 2015, 12:02   #325
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But this is getting to about 280kms vis-a-vis 215kms through SH17/NH275, will it be overall advantageous if I am passing through around 2pm?

Try this: Route Link

Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Nelamangala-Neligere-Nagamangala-Srirangapatna-Mysore.

Doddaballapur-Nelamangala section is not that great, but should be manageable.

Last edited by ampere : 18th December 2015 at 12:03.
Old 18th December 2015, 12:10   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Try this: Route Link

Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Nelamangala-Neligere-Nagamangala-Srirangapatna-Mysore.
OK .. not going to Dobbaspet, but this again goes through Gudemaranahalli which I thought was point of contention in that discussion.
This is similar to what you had suggested as first option there.
Thanks!!
Old 18th December 2015, 12:19   #327
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
OK .. not going to Dobbaspet, but this again goes through Gudemaranahalli which I thought was point of contention in that discussion.
This is similar to what you had suggested as first option there.
Thanks!!
No-No. The issue is many thought of taking NH207 all the way to Dobbaspet. At Dobbaspet if you want join Bangalore-Hassan road, you have to take the state highway to Guddemaranahalli. It is this section which is very bad.

Please note Nelamangala-Hassan is a 4-laned road. There is no issue with that. The contention was the access.

So basically to summarise: Doddaballapur-Nelamangala is less worse than Dobbaspet-Guddemaranahalli. So its better to take the former option and you hit the Hassan 4-lane road at Nelamangala.

On the this 4-lane you drive till Belur Cross and exit after the toll towards Srirangapatna.
Old 18th December 2015, 12:50   #328
BHPian

Quote:
So basically to summarise: Doddaballapur-Nelamangala is less worse than Dobbaspet-Guddemaranahalli. So its better to take the former option and you hit the Hassan 4-lane road at Nelamangala.
Thanks for elaboration .. got it!
I was missing that direct link between Dobbaspet & Guddemaranahalli in all these notes.
Old 18th December 2015, 12:52   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly. Dabaspet-Gudemaranahalli is a strict no. I am sure this will take another few months to complete.

Also, In reality, the point (Gudemaranahalli) interection NH48 is hardly 15 minutes from Nelemanagla and never really a time saver if one wants to come from Dabaspet. This way you have not only driven further North of Bangalore (By doing DOddaballapur-Dabaspet) but also driving more on a single carriageway even beyond Dabaspet till you reach Gudemaranahalli.

Best is Doddaballapur-Nelemangala if you compare the road conditions with the other stretch.

Otherwise, Doddaballapur-Dabaspet is also a fast one due to less traffic (20 mins) and Dabaspet to Nelemangala another 20 minutes of 4 lane and lesser crowd at the JAS Toll booth here as well (since most only show receipts at this booth).

Last edited by paragsachania : 18th December 2015 at 13:06.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 13:03   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Otherwise, Doddaballapur-Dabaspet is also a fast one due to less traffic (20 mins) and Dabaspet to Nelemangala another 20 minutes of 4 lane and lesser crowd at the JAS Toll booth here as well (since most only show receipts at this booth).
Ok .. its either (Doddaballapur -> Nelamangala) or (Doddaballapur -> Dobaspet -> Nelamangala), and then NH48.
I suppose the direct link looks fine enough, coming through Dobaspet anyway adds almost 25kms.

Most Viewed