Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2016, 00:52   #346
BHPian

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Try this: Route Link

Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Nelamangala-Neligere-Nagamangala-Srirangapatna-Mysore.

Doddaballapur-Nelamangala section is not that great, but should be manageable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Ok .. its either (Doddaballapur -> Nelamangala) or (Doddaballapur -> Dobaspet -> Nelamangala), and then NH48.
I suppose the direct link looks fine enough, coming through Dobaspet anyway adds almost 25kms.
Missed to mention earlier, I had also taken the above bypass route towards Mysore couple of weeks back and overall experience was fine.

As Ampere mentioned Doddaballapur-Nelamangala stretch wasn't great and at times the roads were very narrow, had to spend some time validating whether we hadn't diverged onto local roads.
But other way round road till Doddaballapur wasn't great either, so didn't think it would be worth going further towards Dobaspet.
Took us a little less than 2 hours overall, which looked like eternity considering we took just 6 hours from Hyderabad Central to Devanahalli turn.

Other way round route towards Mysore through NH48 was perfectly great to take, not too much traffic even when you get off Mangalore highway after Nelligere.
Old 13th January 2016, 07:35   #347
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Took us a little less than 2 hours overall, which looked like eternity considering we took just 6 hours from Hyderabad Central to Devanahalli turn.
Its about 60km from Devanahalli till you touch down the 4-lane at Nelamangala. You should be able to cover Devanahalli-Doddaballapur section in about half an hour. Its the next section which can cause the delay. In about 90 minutes you should be able to cover the distance (of course subject to conditions).

Last edited by ampere : 13th January 2016 at 18:17.
Old 13th January 2016, 18:03   #348
BHPian

Quote:
... In about 90 minutes you should be able to cover the distance (of course subject to conditions).
Yeah .. it would be mostly in the vicinity of 1.5 hrs, we were looking for some shop to catch up tea as well so that would have added some time.
Old 18th January 2016, 14:04   #349
Senior - BHPian

Traveled yesterday night bypassing Banglore

Hoskote toll was heavy and Q for the toll was almost 2-3kms and vehicles were piled up even on the flyover at the Hoskote intersection.
Traveled beneath the flyover and crossed through the town and could save time thereby.
Thanks for the tip Ampere
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 12:23   #350
Senior - BHPian

Traveled last weekend Dobbaspet -Devanahalli

The railway crossing after Dobbaspet is still a bottleneck if there is a rail crossing.
Roads are a little rough at places but no pot holes.
Crossing Dodaballapur was not a problem as it was Sunday and traffic was mild.
Saw some road widening between Doballapur and Devanahalli .No work in progress .
Took about 1.15 mins for this stretch
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 13:33   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Traveled last weekend Dobbaspet -Devanahalli

The railway crossing after Dobbaspet is still a bottleneck if there is a rail crossing.
Roads are a little rough at places but no pot holes.
Crossing Dodaballapur was not a problem as it was Sunday and traffic was mild.
Saw some road widening between Doballapur and Devanahalli .No work in progress .
Took about 1.15 mins for this stretch
The conditon of the road that you mention has been that way (good) since the past 3-4 years now. I take that route quite regularly for pass time drives to get back home via NH4.

However, on Sunday evening traffic I had a totally different experience when I was driving from Rajkot once. The Railway Gate was a majpr bottleneck as it is right after Doddaballapur and it's exactly here where the road forks into 2 and gridlocks are guaranteed.

That evening I had to wait for a train to pass, crawl ahead and wait again for another train to pass too. All this because the traffic here is a mix of all - KSRTC and Private Buses, Trucks and Cars.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 12:43   #352
BHPian

So how does the map given by ampere in post 303 change because of this.
Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Please read the last 3 posts-

Your best bet is - Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet-Nelamamgala-Neligere-Nagamangala-Pamdavapura-Srirangapatna
Old 20th May 2016, 13:07   #353
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
So how does the map given by ampere in post 303 change because of this.
Tx
Doesn't change by a huge margin.

It was Devanahalli - Doddaballapur - Dabaspet - Shivagange - Gudemaranahalli - Intersection to Hassan Highway - Nelligere - Nagamangala - Pandavapura - Srirangapatna - Mysore.

Since there is road work going on between Dabaspet - Gudemaranahalli you basically avoid that and do:

Devanahalli - Doddabalapur- Nelemangala - Nelligere - Nagamangala - Pandavapura - Srirangapatna - Mysore

And for a fact, bhpian speedsatya has confirmed the super good road conditions between Doddaballapura - Nelemangala few weeks before and taken this road twice for reaching Bangalore Airport.

The route link is as below:

<Devenahalli to Nelligere>
Old 21st May 2016, 12:12   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

Devanahalli - Doddabalapur- Nelemangala - Nelligere - Nagamangala - Pandavapura - Srirangapatna - Mysore

And for a fact, bhpian speedsatya has confirmed the super good road conditions between Doddaballapura - Nelemangala few weeks before and taken this road twice for reaching Bangalore Airport.
I have traveled this route about 6 months back.

The issue was bad stretches between Doddabalapur- Nelemangala where some of the stretches were bad.

Crossing Nelemangala town was a problem narrow roads and plenty of autos and two wheelers blocking the road it took 15 mins to cross the town.

Pandavapura town crossing also takes some time.

Road conditions wise Nelmangala-Nagamangala-Mysore was good.

Last edited by gajadonga : 21st May 2016 at 12:14.
Old 22nd May 2016, 10:28   #355
BHPian

I am looking at options of Bypassing Bangalore on the way from Devanahalli to Hosur and I currently see 2 options.

1. Devanahalli - Budigere - Whitefield - Sarjapur - Attibele
2. Take NH207, Davanahalli - Hoskote - Bagalur - Hosur

Route 1 seems to be pretty straight for me and also I am well versed with Devanahalli - Budigere - till it touches old madras road (NH4).
Route 2 shows quite a lots of deviations and also noticed that it comes all the way till Sarjapur and goes to Bagalur to reach Hosur. In previous posts I saw that this route has been recommended.

Any update on recent conditions and recommendations for the above routes. Also kindly suggest if any other better alternatives. I would be doing this section around 3pm in the evening.
Old 22nd May 2016, 10:35   #356
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
I am looking at options of Bypassing Bangalore on the way from Devanahalli to Hosur and I currently see 2 options.

If you have a GPS, go with #2 as it will take you directly to Hosur.

The Devanahalli-Old madras road (Hoskote) stretch of NH207 is quite easy with just one place where you need to turn right at a T junction.
The other side of 207 from Hoskote to Bagalur is the one with lot of 90 degree turns and can be quite confusing first time and without GPS.

Budigere route is very easy as you have already done it. When you merge with Old madras road, turn left and keep to service road and at the next junction go below the flyover. This will take you to Hope farm junction via Sai baba ashram railway over bridge. Go straight from hope farm junction and near Forum Value mall keep left to get onto Varthur Road. This will take you past several schools to Sarjapur road junction (Dommasandra) where you turn left. Next, at the Sarjaura circle (police station on right), turn right and you will reach Hosur Road at Attibele. Turn left on Hosur Road and in less than 0.5Km you will be at the toll plaza.

*Note that the entry for both 207 and Budigere road is the same from Devanahalli town near the police station and market.
About 2Km later, the right fork is for Budigere road and the straight on is NH207.

Last edited by NPV : 22nd May 2016 at 10:36.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 10:52   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
If you have a GPS, go with #2 as it will take you directly to Hosur.

The Devanahalli-Old madras road (Hoskote) stretch of NH207 is quite easy with just one place where you need to turn right at a T junction.
The other side of 207 from Hoskote to Bagalur is the one with lot of 90 degree turns and can be quite confusing first time and without GPS.
Thank you NPV for quick update.

Which route is recommended in terms of traffic and time considering my 3pm time.
Yes I have a GPS.
Old 22nd May 2016, 11:25   #358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post

You can also do a mix of both. Whitefield - Sarjapur -Bagalur -hosur. Sarjapur -Bagalur is in good condition as per reports here. But considering your timings, probably will not make much of a difference.

If your trip is after May end/ in June, then better to stick to route 2. Whitefield - Sarjapur is full of schools and considering you hit the stretch around 3, you may hit a lot of school bus traffic that can slow you down.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 20:58   #359
Team-BHP Support

I would suggest 207 all the way. Just be cautious about the fact that 207 has quite many twists and turns. Having a GPS would be handy.

A distance of 90km can be covered in under 2 hours. That's a realistic timing estimate.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 14:44   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
If your trip is after May end/ in June, then better to stick to route 2. Whitefield - Sarjapur is full of schools and considering you hit the stretch around 3, you may hit a lot of school bus traffic that can slow you down.
Quote:
I would suggest 207 all the way. Just be cautious about the fact that 207 has quite many twists and turns. Having a GPS would be handy.

A distance of 90km can be covered in under 2 hours. That's a realistic timing estimate.
Thanks Rajeevraj and ampere.
Yes, my trip is on a weekday next week. Decided, will stick to NH 207

On Bypassing Bangalore-devahahalli-hosur.jpg

Most Viewed