Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2017, 12:19   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
Hello team,

I'll be driving down from HYD to BLR and Ooty on FEB1.

1. My halt for the night at BLR is near electronic city flyover so I'll be taking - devanahalli - hoskote - whitefield - e-city. Is this okay?

2. While coming back from mysuru - I'm thinking of this route -
I'll pass wonderla and take the NICE road upto neelamangla, then take the road to doddaballapur and then to chikballapur - does anybody see any problem with this? I would really not like to encounter any traffic as I'll be on my way back home and need to reach early.
Is there any alternate (good and fast) route to reach the BLR - HYD highway from Mysuru?

*I'm traveling with wife and 3 year old kid in my Dzire.

Thank you guys.
Route's perfect.This is the route I usually take https://goo.gl/maps/ceL94fUPqgT2

If you are well-versed with the roads after Forum Value Mall at Whitefield,then take the road towards Sarjapur road and follow the map above.

If you are not and you are reaching the place after dark,then my advice would be to go via Forum Value-Old Airport Road-Marthahalli-ORR-Wfield.https://goo.gl/maps/tYRWwAvo8SL2 Chances of losing your way are almost nil on this route,but ofcourse,you would run into traffic after 6pm.Even on the other route,you might run into traffic around the Varthur Lake.

From ECity,you can take the NICE road next day and exit at Kengeri and go along the Mysore road.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 30th January 2017 at 12:26.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 12:25   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Route's perfect.This is the route I usually take https://goo.gl/maps/ceL94fUPqgT2

From ECity,you can take the NICE road next day and exit at Kengeri and go along the Mysore road.
Thanks a ton, Ranjit bhai. I was counting on you to pitch in with a reply like this!
unoczar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 12:40   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello team,

I'll be driving down from HYD to BLR and Ooty on FEB1

2. While coming back from mysuru - I'm thinking of this route -
I'll pass wonderla and take the NICE road upto neelamangla, then take the road to doddaballapur and then to chikballapur - does anybody see any problem with this? I would really not like to encounter any traffic as I'll be on my way back home and need to reach early.
Is there any alternate (good and fast) route to reach the BLR - HYD highway from Mysuru?

*I'm traveling with wife and 3 year old kid in my Dzire.

Thank you guys.
At Neelamangala you have to ask for directions towards Dodaballapur.

3 weeks back I used this route from Mysore to Bypass Banglore.

Mysore- Pandavapura- Nagamangala- Nelligere- Neelamangala- Dodaballapur- Devanahalli.
The roads are good .

Between Panadavapura and Nelligere lots of speed breakers when you are close to small towns and villages.
gajadonga is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 12:53   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
At Neelamangala you have to ask for directions towards Dodaballapur.
Thanks brother. I'll use online directions. Hope that'll make me independent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Mysore- Pandavapura- Nagamangala- Nelligere- Neelamangala- Dodaballapur- Devanahalli.
The roads are good .
Is this better than traditional BLR-mysuru highway? If roads are equally good and traffic is less, then we can give this a shot.
Old 30th January 2017, 12:59   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Is this better than traditional BLR-mysuru highway? If roads are equally good and traffic is less, then we can give this a shot.
Traditional two-laned State Highway,Less to minimal traffic,eating options nil,road conditions good.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 13:00   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This way we can avoid Mysore - Banglore Traffic.

No good stopovers between Pandavapura and Nelligere.Roads are good no issues.

In fact last time when I took this route from Mysore Colombia Asia Hospital
to Neelamangala took me 2 hrs.Lesuirely drive 2.30mins.
gajadonga is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 13:40   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton, Ranjit bhai. I was counting on you to pitch in with a reply like this!
The route suggested by me will isolate you completely from Bangalore traffic, the maps are updated, if you want to divert from Chikballapur the maps will still work well. Take the NICE Road from Tumkur road to E-City, it will take you around 1 hour to reach E-City. The reason why I won't suggest you take the Whitefield or Marathalli route is because of mad traffic. I don't want anyone travelling with a kid to waste time in Bangalore traffic. Next day morning take NICE road and exit at Kengeri. The return route from Mysore via Pandavapur and Nagamangala is the best option since you will not face any traffic till Bagepalli. Nagamangala can be the ideal stop point before you reach Bagepalli. I travelled on this stretch yesterday and it is still in good condition.

Last edited by deehunk : 30th January 2017 at 13:44.
deehunk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 14:05   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
The route suggested by me will isolate you completely from Bangalore traffic
I'm more inclined towards this route now.

Shall go with this then, Ranjit bhai - what do you say?
Old 30th January 2017, 14:14   #444
Senior - BHPian

I have a house close to both the locations, one near the Whitefield-Varthur-E-City option and another one close to the point where Bangalore can be bypassed to reach Mysore. Plan to start as early as possible from Hyderabad, good luck
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 18:38   #445
BHPian

Took deehunk's route. No traffic at all except some trucks on NICE. But had to pass through a dozen villages and took close to 2.5 hours to reach ecity from chikaballapur. Thanks anyways.
unoczar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 19:39   #446
Senior - BHPian

Thanks uno, this route was 40km more than the Devanahalli-Sarjapur Road-E City route which would have taken more time in the mad evening traffic of Bangalore.

Last edited by deehunk : 4th February 2017 at 19:48.
Old 22nd June 2017, 12:12   #447
Senior - BHPian

Southern Bangalore Folks - Need help in identifying the best route from Krishnagiri to Chikkabellapur as we are driving from Kochi to Hyderabad and likely to hit Bangalore during the busy hours.

Could see the below options but not done anything other than first in recent past.

1) Via Bangalore City (Krishnagiri - Hosur - EC Elevated Highway - MG Road - Hebbal - Yelahanka - Devanahalli - Chikkaballapur)

2) Via Malur (Krishnagiri - Shoolagiri - Malur - Gokare - Chikkabellapur)

3) Via Malur (Krishnagiri - Hosur - Bagalur - Malur - Gokare -Chikkabellapur)

4) Via Hoskote (Krishnagiri - Hosur - Attibele - Whitefield - Hoskote - Gokare - Chikkabellapur)
Old 22nd June 2017, 12:27   #448
Senior - BHPian

Take the 4th option, it is the best and shortest route, refer to the map I have shown here.
Attached Thumbnails
On Bypassing Bangalore-map.jpg  

Old 22nd June 2017, 12:39   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Take the 4th option, it is the best and shortest route, refer to the map I have shown here.
Wouldn't the Sarjapur Road-Varthur Road be more busy? You'd be passing through Whitefield this way. No?

I'd have though either going via Hosur-Bagalur-Chikka Tirupati-Hoskote or Hosur-Malur-Hoskote would avoid Bangalore traffic completely. As an added bonus, you also avoid the trucks parked around Ashok Leyland plants and Attibele toll.
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 12:41   #450
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Southern Bangalore Folks - Need help in identifying the best route from Krishnagiri to Chikkabellapur as we are driving from Kochi to Hyderabad and likely to hit Bangalore during the busy hours.
Giving you a #5 option which is good, have tried this multiple times (Basically going via NH207 mostly):
Hosur (get onto service road before bus stand and turn right below flyover)->Bagalur-Sarjapur(bypass)->Chikkatirupathi(bypass it, even google maps suggests this one via a single lane, low traffic Major District Road/MDR, saves 5Km and gets you back to NH207 after Chikkatirupathi)->Hoskote

At Hoskote, you merge onto NH 4/48 (Old Madras Road) and you can either:
-Turn left onto Old Madras Road, get onto the other side of NH207 via service road and reach Devanahalli (I think this is a good option).

OR

Turn left onto Old Madras Road, cross the toll and get to service road and take the right below flyover for the Budigere-Mandur route which again joins NH207 near Devanahalli (this route goes behind the Bangalore airport).

Last edited by NPV : 22nd June 2017 at 12:44.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed