Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2017, 15:07   #451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV;4221345)
Turn left onto Old Madras Road, get onto the other side of NH207 via service road and reach Devanahalli (I think this is a good option).

OR
Turn left onto Old Madras Road, cross the toll and get to service road and take the right below flyover for the Budigere-Mandur route which again joins NH207 near Devanahalli (this route goes behind the Bangalore airport).
This one should take 45 minutes or so from Hoskote to Devanahalli :
Turn left onto Old Madras Road, get onto the other side of NH207 via service road and reach Devanahalli (I think this is a good option).
You skip the ever-busy Hoskote toll.
And, don't miss to take the sharp left turn at Sulibele, it is well marked.

Last edited by ampere : 22nd June 2017 at 16:00. Reason: Fixed quote
Old 22nd June 2017, 15:36   #452
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
4) Via Hoskote (Krishnagiri - Hosur - Attibele - Whitefield - Hoskote - Gokare - Chikkabellapur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Hosur (get onto service road before bus stand and turn right below flyover)->Bagalur-Sarjapur(bypass)->Chikkatirupathi(bypass it, even google maps suggests this one via a single lane, low traffic Major District Road/MDR, saves 5Km and gets you back to NH207 after Chikkatirupathi)->Hoskote
Wont it be faster to stick to the NICE Road - Yeshwantpur - Hebbal - Devanahalli? Asking as all of the above routes involve 2L state roads in and around Bangalore and are invariably slower than the 4L NICE road and the Airport road from Hebbal - Devanahalli. The only bottle neck in taking the route I suggested would be the Yeshwantpur Junction, which you can bypass by taking HMT road as well. Not sure from a distance point of view but quiet sure that from a time point of view, NICE - YPR - Hebbal - Devanahalli will be faster.

Edit - Just checked on Gmaps and the above route is longer 107 kms as compared to 70 Kms via whitefield but then the time suggested by Google is approx the same for both i.e 2 hrs 10 min from Hosur to Devanahalli. Pretty sure NICE route will be faster on road as google takes standard speed for computing time.

NICE route - https://goo.gl/maps/V4nzJCinUqm
Whitefiled route - https://goo.gl/maps/V4nzJCinUqm

Last edited by procrj : 22nd June 2017 at 15:46.
Old 22nd June 2017, 16:05   #453
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Wont it be faster to stick to the NICE Road - Yeshwantpur - Hebbal - Devanahalli?
- Usually NICE road access can be traffic prone
- E-City signal is bad.
- Attibele toll
- Post NICE all the way to Hebbal is again not without its own share of trouble.

As against it:
- NH207 is about 90km from Hosur to Devanahalli
- Gives you a deterministic 2 hour end to end.
- Rarely any traffic.
- Some traffic as you near Hoskote and getting to the other side of NH4
- But other a peaceful drive with good road conditions.
- Though I have been reading about Hoskote-Devanahalli opening up a bit. Would be good to confirm.
- But still end to end NH207 would be my preference

Last edited by ampere : 22nd June 2017 at 16:07.
Old 22nd June 2017, 16:17   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
But still end to end NH207 would be my preference
If this is weekday/peak hour, then Sarjapur to Hope farm is a mess on this route and I would rather drive through NICE even if I have to wait 20 min to get onto NICE road.
Old 22nd June 2017, 16:37   #455
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If this is weekday/peak hour, then Sarjapur to Hope farm is a mess on this route and I would rather drive through NICE even if I have to wait 20 min to get onto NICE road.
This is not the SH35 (Via Sarjapur-Varthur-Hope Farm), if thats what you meant. Its the NH207.

Route Link

There is no need to get into Sarjapur also. You exit toward Chikka Tirupathi. Its a beautiful 2-Lane end to end and free from traffic.

Last edited by ampere : 22nd June 2017 at 16:41.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 16:51   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is no need to get into Sarjapur also. You exit toward Chikka Tirupathi. Its a beautiful 2-Lane end to end and free from traffic.
My bad. I have never taken this route. If its a good 2L all the way to hoskote, then it makes sense to use this & then get to devanahalli.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 21:06   #457
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If its a good 2L all the way to hoskote, then it makes sense to use this & then get to devanahalli.
This is a decent route to take but a bit confusing for a first timer since the NH207 narrows down at some places near Bagalur, Sarjapur, etc so having navigation/GPS definitely helps. Even gmaps suggests going via a Major District Road to bypass Chikkatirupathi so you get off NH207 and rejoin it after Chikkatirupathi, saving about 5Km

Quote:
- Gives you a deterministic 2 hour end to end.
This is the biggest reason why one should take this, you don't have to worry about the day and time to an extent (I've never taken this route in darkness though).
Old 23rd June 2017, 08:01   #458
Senior - BHPian

I have always taken this Hosur- Chikkatirupathi- Hoskote - Devanahalli in the middle of the night to bypass Banglore.

Never an issue as many small villages enroute every 4 to 5 kms. As I know exactly which turn it was easy.

First timers taking the route better during the day.

2 hrs would be realistic to travese this route. Night after 11pm it takes one hour.

Last edited by gajadonga : 23rd June 2017 at 08:02.
Old 27th July 2017, 18:45   #459
BHPian

While coming from House to Hebbal, i took the Hosur - Bagalur - Sarjapur route to reach kadubeesanahalli. Unfortunately, google maps took us through a very narrow junk road and a railway under bridge!! It was a pain to drive through that in the night with loads of cars... Instead, the correct route should be as below:

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Ho...3e0?authuser=2
Old 27th July 2017, 20:24   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
While coming from House to Hebbal, i took the Hosur - Bagalur - Sarjapur route to reach kadubeesanahalli. Unfortunately, google maps took us through a very narrow junk road and a railway under bridge!! It was a pain to drive through that in the night with loads of cars... Instead, the correct
Yes I know exactly what you are referring here. It is a real pain.There are many apartments like Shoba Dream acres etc etc. that have come up on that side which leads to heavy traffic.
God save those residents after all the flats are occupied.
Old 19th December 2017, 18:03   #461
BHPian

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/12...a=!4m2!4m1!3e0

is this still the best route to bypass from Hosur right up to Devanahalli ?
Old 19th December 2017, 19:15   #462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
bypass from Hosur right up to Devanahalli ?
Yes it is assuming you are driving during the day/evening. If its early morning/late night, you can drive through the city.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 14:21   #463
Senior - BHPian

Travelled last week Devanahalli - Hoskote- Chikkatirupathi - Bagalur- Hosur

the road from Hoskote cross roads till to you reach the railway gate some civil work is going on with deep treanches.Road is dug up and broken at many places.
Lots of traffic jam due to one way traffic due to trenches on the road.
Lost around 45mins due to traffic jam in the evening.Rest of the route is in good condition.
Old 28th December 2017, 10:43   #464
BHPian

Took the Hosur to Devanahalli Bypass - took around 2hrs 30 min total - Got stuck in a minor jam - lost around 15 min - bad to non existent roads before the Tumkur highway (when coming for Hosur) - approx 10 km stretch is being heavily dug up - Got lucky that i started from Hosur at 4.30 pm & was out in Devanahalli by around 7 pm - just before the peak traffic building up
Not recommended for the next couple of months till NH 207 is fully patched up
paharino1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 11:09   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
bad to non existent roads before the Tumkur highway (when coming for Hosur) - approx 10 km stretch is being heavily dug up
Did you mean Hyderabad highway? I did drive that stretch last weekend and agree that before Devanahalli there is a stretch which is dug up for 4 Laning and it can be a pain if you get stuck behind trucks. Even worse at night as I ended up driving back from the Airport via the same route.

But with the Metro work and other road works around KR Puram, there is no better route to get from Hosur - Devanahalli. Only other option is NICE road, which is a lot longer.

Most Viewed