Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2021, 20:58   #556
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama Kumara View Post
I'm a lil confused as to the statment, when you say nice exit is avoided?
It means if you were to get onto Hassan road by taking the combination of Tumkur Road and Nelamangala, then you will have to pass through the NICE exit at Madanayakanahalli. This toll exit itself consumes time at times - Welcome to the mismanagement called NICE. After this 2 more toll plazas of NBTL and Devihalli.

If you take NICE exit at Magadi road you will have to pass only one State highway plaza between Magadi and Gudemaranahalli before you hit the Hassan NH.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 21:02   #557
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
It means if you were to get onto Hassan road by taking the combination of Tumkur Road and Nelamangala, then you will have to pass through the NICE exit at Madanayakanahalli. This toll exit itself consumes time at times - Welcome to the mismanagement called NICE. After this 2 more toll plazas of NBTL and Devihalli.

If you take NICE exit at Magadi road you will have to pass only one State highway plaza between Magadi and Gudemaranahalli before you hit the Hassan NH.
Wonderful, thanks a ton parag for the clarity!

Absolutely horribly managed route for us South Bangaloreans.
Pay a massive toll of 135 Rs to a private entity (NICE/NECE) to exit at Tumkur road and an additional (20+45) for the 2 nelamangala toll's.

Lunacy at it's best!
Old 19th March 2021, 20:04   #558
BANNED

Hi Parag or Moto-heads,

What is the fastest way to branch off from the Nh44 onto the Kunigal hi-way Nh75 (end destination is Mysore)?

I am coming down from Mantralaya tomorrow night and have to reach Mysore ORR.

I did not like the road conditions from Hesaraghatta to gollahalli to Nelamangala as the last 4kms were absolutely abysmal.

Is there an option for better roads?
Old 19th March 2021, 21:08   #559
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Parag or Moto-heads,

What is the fastest way to branch off from the Nh44 onto the Kunigal hi-way Nh75 (end destination is Mysore)?

I am coming down from Mantralaya tomorrow night and have to reach Mysore ORR.

I did not like the road conditions from Hesaraghatta to gollahalli to Nelamangala as the last 4kms were absolutely abysmal.

Is there an option for better roads?
Ideal would Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet-Guddemarnahalli (Hassan Highway) - Belur Cross - Srirangapatna - Mysore ORR

Route link

If you are doing this late at night I dont know how are section from Devanahalli to Guddemaranahalli. Road conditions are fantastic. Its the time of day that I am not sure.

Also when you cross Dobasspet, at around 5km you see a fork. One leads to Shivagange on your left and Guddemaranahalli on your right.

Road conditions are amazing.
Old 19th March 2021, 23:47   #560
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Ideal would Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet-Guddemarnahalli (Hassan Highway) - Belur Cross - Srirangapatna - Mysore ORR

Route link

If you are doing this late at night I dont know how are section from Devanahalli to Guddemaranahalli. Road conditions are fantastic. Its the time of day that I am not sure.

Also when you cross Dobasspet, at around 5km you see a fork. One leads to Shivagange on your left and Guddemaranahalli on your right.

Road conditions are amazing.
Did you mean to say roads from Devanahalli to dabaspet are fantastic?
Any clue on roads from dabaspete to guddemaranahalli?
Old 20th March 2021, 05:24   #561
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did you mean to say roads from Devanahalli to dabaspet are fantastic?
Any clue on roads from dabaspete to guddemaranahalli?
Roads from DB Pura to Dabaspet remains pothole free as of last Wednesday.
Dabaspet to Gudemaranahalli too is in good shape.
Devanahalli to DH Pura is good too.

This is your fastest and the most decent bypass from Hyderabad road side to Kunigal side today.

If fact, you can also do Nandi Cross (Nandi Upachar) to Doddaballapur via Nandi Hills base but it won't save you much time vs Devanahalli to Doddaballapur.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 13:50   #562

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

Route link
Was exploring route options to travel to Mysore from Yelahanka avoiding Mysore Road mid week, and this thread seemed a good option. Thanks for sharing the route conditions Parag and ampere .

I am Ok with 4 odd kms of bad stretch between Hessarghatta and Nelamangla, but have a query on any descent breakfast options enroute, given that we have a < 2 yrs toddler with us.

Any recommendations for the same on NH75 or 150A?
Old 22nd March 2021, 14:13   #563
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by essd View Post
Was exploring route options to travel to Mysore from Yelahanka avoiding Mysore Road mid week, and this thread seemed a good option. Thanks for sharing the route conditions Parag and ampere .

I am Ok with 4 odd kms of bad stretch between Hessarghatta and Nelamangla, but have a query on any descent breakfast options enroute, given that we have a < 2 yrs toddler with us.

There are some. There is Swathi Delicacy about 8 km after Kunigal bypass. Thats the most famous one on this route. There many that have come. But this one outranks most of them.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 14:23   #564
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yelahanka to Nelamangala via Hesarghatta takes around 45 minutes.

Once you are on Nelamangala-Hassan route, for the next 80 Kms till Bellur Cross, there are a lot of options. You can check out the list on this post for options to break.

And yes, there is not just one place to stop and each of these have their own USPs and pretty much all of the most famous ones on this stretch have a good record of maintaining the premises (and rest rooms) very clean and serve very good food too.

In the Nelamangala-Hassan direction, I would pick Kichchana Halli Mane or Dhruvataare.

Ideally, you need to consider Hassan-Bellur cross stretch for all your breaks. Between Bellur Cross to Srirangapattana, its an hour's drive with nothing worth to stop.

A rebranded Kadamba too has opened right at Bellur Cross toll (earlier this was Malgudi) but I haven't tried this one yet but with no detour, this one is the last good spot for your break before you exit this dual carriageway highway.

Last edited by paragsachania : 22nd March 2021 at 14:26.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 15:28   #565

Quote:
Once you are on Nelamangala-Hassan route, for the next 80 Kms till Bellur Cross, there are a lot of options. You can check out the list on this post for options to break.
That's indeed a great list! Will be handy for future as well. Thanks

Quote:
Ideally, you need to consider Hassan-Bellur cross stretch for all your breaks. Between Bellur Cross to Srirangapattana, its an hour's drive with nothing worth to stop.
Right makes sense. I saw the map, and it looked mostly small towns.

Thanks a lot ampere and Parag. This has been indeed helpful!
Old 22nd March 2021, 16:27   #566
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Between Bellur Cross to Srirangapattana, its an hour's drive with nothing worth to stop.
Quote:
Right makes sense. I saw the map, and it looked mostly small towns.
If you are a fan of akki rooti + yellu podi OR ottu shavige, then Thotada Mane is a great place to stop for breakfast.
procrj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 16:35   #567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
If you are a fan of akki rooti + yellu podi OR ottu shavige, then Thotada Mane is a great place to stop for breakfast.
Thanks RJ. To me, this makes perfect sense for return journey via this route. Just after you get out of the Mysore-Bangalore road and peacefully savor the yummy Akki Rotis .
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 17:01   #568

Quote:
Thanks RJ. To me, this makes perfect sense for return journey via this route. Just after you get out of the Mysore-Bangalore road and peacefully savor the yummy Akki Rotis .
Ah, exactly the thoughts going in my mind that we needed something for lunch on our way back, and saw this !

Thanks a ton RJ and Parag

Now looking forward to our short trip over next 2 days!
Old 22nd March 2021, 19:03   #569
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Thank you very much for sharing this place. I checked the details and the menu, and it looks so yummy (for a vegetarian family like ours) that I feel like driving that route just for having a lunch here :-)

I am soon going to travel to Mysore. Do you guys recommend this route in general rather than the Mysore Road (NH275)? I do not mind driving longer distance but I would want to avoid bad roads and under construction roads as much as possible. Thanks in advance!
Old 22nd March 2021, 19:25   #570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
Thank you very much for sharing this place. I checked the details and the menu, and it looks so yummy (for a vegetarian family like ours) that I feel like driving that route just for having a lunch here :-)

I am soon going to travel to Mysore. Do you guys recommend this route in general rather than the Mysore Road (NH275)? I do not mind driving longer distance but I would want to avoid bad roads and under construction roads as much as possible. Thanks in advance!
The food over there is excellent. Very homely and tasty. The place itself is very calm and serene. Call them and confirm the time before go to the place

It was covered in a Vlog few months ago by a famous food critic.

The route is very good alternative considering how bad the mysore road is these days and in the foreseeable future

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 22nd March 2021 at 19:28.
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks