Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2021, 19:28   #571
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
Do you guys recommend this route in general rather than the Mysore Road (NH275)?
Unless its a 3/4am start, I avoid NH275 and stick to the route via Nagamangala - Pandavapura. Roads are good and traffic is sparse, this route would definitely be my recommended route for anyone who stays around North/West/East BLR.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 20:08   #572
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am soon going to travel to Mysore. Do you guys recommend this route in general rather than the Mysore Road (NH275)? I do not mind driving longer distance but I would want to avoid bad roads and under construction roads as much as possible. Thanks in advance!
To me, the route via Hassan Bellur cross has been the de-facto option since more than 5 years. I do not recollect taking the regular Bangalore-Mysore road the last time. But then, I stay in North Bangalore and reaching Hassan highway (Nelamangala turn off) takes 40-60 minutes depending on the time of the day I am driving.

Also, since I haven't driven on the regular Bangalore Mandya Mysore road, I cannot comment or compare on that (prefer to comment only if I have drievn recently ). But in general, the Hassan Bellur Cross option is a fantastic option for Mysore.

Earlier I had recommended those staying in South Bangalore to take the NICE exit at Magadi and then reach Hassan Highway at Gudemaranahalli (before Kunigal)via Magadi but I drove last Saturday on Bangalore-Magadi road and the condition of this route has deteriorated with occasional rough patches and potholes.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 20:16   #573
BHPian

Quote:
I am soon going to travel to Mysore. Do you guys recommend this route in general rather than the Mysore Road (NH275)? I do not mind driving longer distance but I would want to avoid bad roads and under construction roads as much as possible. Thanks in advance!
I am another who has switched to the Hassan-Nagamangala route to get to Mysore. I find I drive slower, reach faster, and it's a lot easier on the nerves.
keroo1099 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 20:36   #574
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
It was covered in a Vlog few months ago by a famous food critic.
Thanks for sharing this. This looks amazing. I am really tempted to drive there just for this lunch :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Unless its a 3/4am start, I avoid NH275 and stick to the route via Nagamangala - Pandavapura. Roads are good and traffic is sparse, this route would definitely be my recommended route for anyone who stays around North/West/East BLR.
Thanks. I am usually a 6AM starter (I know it is late, but I am a bit lazy in the mornings). So I will avoid the Mysore road and try this Bellur Cross road next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
To me, the route via Hassan Bellur cross has been the de-facto option since more than 5 years. I do not recollect taking the regular Bangalore-Mysore road the last time. But then, I stay in North Bangalore and reaching Hassan highway (Nelamangala turn off) takes 40-60 minutes depending on the time of the day I am driving.
Thanks. I stay in South Bangalore, but even then, at around 6AM, reaching Nelamangala turn off is quite fast. I enjoy driving on NICE road that time of the day. Once I hit NICE road, reaching Nelamangala is not hard at all. I will surely try this road next time.

Quote:
Earlier I had recommended those staying in South Bangalore to take the NICE exit at Magadi and then reach Hassan Highway at Gudemaranahalli (before Kunigal)via Magadi but I drove last Saturday on Bangalore-Magadi road and the condition of this route has deteriorated with occasional rough patches and potholes.
We used this road recently in one of the WindowsDownMotoring drives to go toward Chikamaglur. That was in October 2020 and this road was quite nice that time. It was quite scenic too, and we enjoyed the early morning misty views while driving on this. But even that time, I did not think it saved us any time. We eventually reached Dhruvathare where we had a coffee break. But I felt that going via Nelamangala would have been faster to reach the same spot. So while it was scenic, it was not necessarily faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
I am another who has switched to the Hassan-Nagamangala route to get to Mysore. I find I drive slower, reach faster, and it's a lot easier on the nerves.
OK, great, thanks.

Thanks again to all of you for your inputs.
Dr.AD is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 20:57   #575
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks. I am usually a 6AM starter (I know it is late, but I am a bit lazy in the mornings). So I will avoid the Mysore road and try this Bellur Cross road next.

Thanks. I stay in South Bangalore, but even then, at around 6AM, reaching Nelamangala turn off is quite fast. I enjoy driving on NICE road that time of the day. Once I hit NICE road, reaching Nelamangala is not hard at all. I will surely try this road next time.
Once the Magadi-Huliyurga-Nagamangala is fully done, this would be the best option to bypass Mysore road. Of course only simple eateries and no major places. But its a driver's delight.

The entire section of SH85 is getting relaid. Once done it would be brilliant to drive. And yes it will be a driver's delight.
ampere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 11:59   #576
Distinguished - BHPian

Devanahalli - Doddaballapura:

On day before, we casually drove the following circuit of Yelahanka - Doddaballapura - Devanahalli - Chikkaballapura - Dandiganahalli - Manchenahalli - Tondebavi - Doddaballapura - Yelahanka.

For those wanting to know how good or bad is the Devanahalli - Doddaballapura road is holding up, let me tell you that it is not bad at all, despite of the incomplete 4 lane work on this stretch. The surface is good with very small sections that are rough but it is totally pothole free. There are quite a few sections where 4 lane is done (long back) while rest of the sections remain undone.

Also, once the road is expanded, it is unlikely that it will connect to the present Devanahalli junction on Hyderabad highway.

This might be due to the fact that the small tank bund soon after Devanahalli towards Doddaballapur may not be wide enough for 4 lane and hence the actual 4 lane work is happening at a fork after a curve before reaching this junction merge with Hyderabad highway a little ahead, may be on the road to Nandi hills too.

You can notice in the image the 4 lane right at the fork (circled) that I too noticed thinking it is the usual road to go till I saw vehicles actually taking the regular road on the right at this fork.

On Bypassing Bangalore-db-pura-devanahalli.jpg

Overall, Devanahalli Doddaballapura in its present state is very much doable without any issues, day or night as the road condition itself is good.

On the other hand, the stretch from Chikkaballapura to Manchenahalli which is part of NH69 connecting Gauribidanur - Chikkaballapura is not in good shape. The work in progress sections are really bad with gravels all over and sharp and tall edges to get back onto the main (old) surface. It also has quite a few potholes on regular occasions. I believe this expansion will take quite some time to complete.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 23:22   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Devanahalli - Doddaballapura:

For those wanting to know how good or bad is the Devanahalli - Doddaballapura road is holding up, let me tell you that it is not bad at all, despite of the incomplete 4 lane work on this stretch. The surface is good with very small sections that are rough but it is totally pothole free. There are quite a few sections where 4 lane is done (long back) while rest of the sections remain undone.
Agree. I have ridden and driven on this stretch a few times in the last 6 months and I have always enjoyed it as the stretch is quite scenic and is 4 lane for about 40-50% of the way. Truck traffic can be quite heavy at certain times of the day, but it's not as big of a problem as it is on the Dabaspete - DB Pura stretch I feel. Even though BLR is a concrete jungle, the 2 lane highways around it are quite scenic and enjoyable to drive.

Quote:
Also, once the road is expanded, it is unlikely that it will connect to the present Devanahalli junction on Hyderabad highway.

This might be due to the fact that the small tank bund soon after Devanahalli towards Doddaballapur may not be wide enough for 4 lane and hence the actual 4 lane work is happening at a fork after a curve before reaching this junction merge with Hyderabad highway a little ahead, may be on the road to Nandi hills too.
The fork that you have mentioned is the starting point of the Devanahalli bypass being done as part of Satellite Town Ring Road (Doddaballapura too has bypass work going on, the north of Bashettihalli). It will join the HYD highway just before the Nandi road junction. I hadn't noticed that they had started asphalting it already on the western end. Good to know
I recently passed through the town to get to the road on the east side of BIAL. At that time, I saw the levelling work going on on the eastern end of the bypass.

Below is the path taken by the bypass:
On Bypassing Bangalore-dvh-bypass.png

People who are planning to explore this stretch toll free, better do it before the end of the year

Last edited by theredliner : 17th April 2021 at 23:31.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 07:08   #578
BHPian

Planning to go from Hyderabad to Mysore on the 26 August. Need suggestions on the best route to bypass Bangalore. Is it advisable to go from Penugonda in Andhra or Chikkaballapur? OR should I go from Nandi X Roads? Good roads is priority over distance. Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 19:23   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Also note if any one is trying to go past Sarjapur town, the back end access to Chikka Tirupathi/Bagalur blocked. This was as of last week. All traffic was diverted as shown below.

Attachment 2113859
@Ampere, any idea what is the latest on the route from Whitefield to Hosur bypassing Attibele?

When I check now, gmaps by default routes through Varthur - Sarjapura - Attibele, It was not a good road when I had taken this route last year. Potholes and traffic!! With recent rains it would have deteriorated even more I guess.

Sometime back, in one of the threads, I had read about Nallur road. When I plot this, it looks like this.
https://goo.gl/maps/xf8u9pz1sPY56Pbr9

gmaps shows a difference of 10 mins which is ok if the road is good and I can bypass Attibele toll on the upcoming long weekend.

How is the route condition now?
Old 24th October 2021, 20:03   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankuthimma View Post
Sometime back, in one of the threads, I had read about Nallur road.
Nallur route is alright. Just that depending on time of day, you might get caught in a traffic jam at the point where it meets NH 44 in Hosur.

Gmaps always routes you through Sarjapur-Attibele road; even if you go ahead of the junction it prompts you to take a U-turn and come back. Ignore it.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 20:37   #581
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankuthimma View Post
How is the route condition now?

If Nallur does not work you can also take regular Baglur-Sarjapur road. Its good and bypass is up and running. So over all its OK. You just need to watch out for that exit to NH207 at Hosur from the four lane.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 15:35   #582
Senior - BHPian

Traveled to Coimbatore and back last weekend.

Update on Devanahalli - Hoskote - Chikka Tirupathi - Hosur route

Devanahalli to Hoskote.
Devanahalli to Sullibele four lane work is going on lots of diversion.

Sullibele to Hoskote .
Lots of potholes and road works happening as it was raining heavily some portion of the road could not be made out and just followed a JCB Excavator for a stretch of 2 to 3 kms.

Hoskote -Chikkatirupathi - Alambadi- - Hosur
Roads are in good condition.

On the return took the Hosur -Chikkatirupathi -Thirumalashettyhalli - Hope farm Whitefield circle
- Katamnalluru- Budigere cross - Budigere - Devanahalli.
The roads from Budigere cross heavy traffic upto Budigere with lots of road work.
Budigere to Devanahalli road works are going on but less traffic.

Last edited by gajadonga : 28th October 2021 at 15:39.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 10:13   #583
Distinguished - BHPian

Dabaspete Doddaballapura 4 Lane work gains momentum:

During my return from Rajkot last Sunday, I diverted towards Doddaballapura at Dabaspete as traffic towards Nelamangala was building up significantly even on a late Sunday morning.

I was pleasantly surprised to witness tremendous progress in terms of 4 lane expansion work between Dabaspete and Doddaballapura. Even the narrow entry at Dabaspete is now widened after all the buildings were totally demolished as you can notice from the before and after images below:

On Bypassing Bangalore-dabaspete-entry.jpg

Further ahead, there are a lot of places where they have erected concrete pillars to overpass and flyovers crossing intersections and trust me, there were a lot of construction vehicles and staff at work at each of these sites.

There were also sections on this road where they have widened the older road to proper 4 lane that spans at least 3-4 km at a stretch. If the pace of work continues, I am sure this road should be all done (minus the bridges) in the next 6-8 months.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 11:21   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
you can also take regular Baglur-Sarjapur road. Its good and bypass is up and running.
Are the road works completed? When I went in July this year, some portions of the roads were a complete mess.
Old 10th November 2021, 13:40   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
Are the road works completed? When I went in July this year, some portions of the roads were a complete mess.
I went in August as Bangalore-Sarjapur-Bagalur-Berigai-Soolagiri. It was all just fine roads. This is actually my favourite route to get out of Bangalore when driving alone.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed