Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2011, 13:54   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

No, dont take the right turn at Hope farm circle continue straight towards Kadugodi, Saibaba Ashram, then you will connect the NH before Hoskote, continue on the service road some 1km later you will find the signboard for turning left to Devanahalli, take that left and keep going straight, you will connect the NH near Devanahalli bus stand.
Old 15th January 2012, 14:56   #77
BHPian

Just completed the Devanahalli-Whitefield-Attebelle bypass road. The road is fantastic. Quite a relief from the maddening Bangalore traffic. Looks like the road surface is newly laid. Best of all, the enormous speedbreakers so ubiquitous on Bangalore roads are well marked.

I was expecting the Devanahalli bus stand on the highway itself. But the bus stand is about a km inside after you take a left turn. I took the road bang opposite the bus stand that winds through what looks like small settlements. However, there was adequate signage which itself was a surprise on Bangalore roads. Most boards were written in English too!

Thank you guys for informing about this alternative route to bypass Bangalore.
Old 11th June 2012, 00:49   #78
BHPian

Quote:
The latest I heard was Ranjit Rajaram wanted to try on the way from Mysore to Pune (Any update RR?)

Addy had asked him to take a deviation from Maddur. Is this the best one that joins at Tumkur?
The attached snapshot captures that proposed route.
Attachment 375809

While going through I maps, I also found another option that goes via Pandavpura and Melkote, Nagamangala, Belur Cross,Chelur
and joins NH4 at Sira. Here is the snap shot:

Attachment 375810

We definitely need a solution that bypasses Bangalore on the larger scale.

Comments welcome.
i think the easiest option esp in the monsoon is to drive till NICE rd jn and take the left to catch Tumkur road. I know this is the dummies alternative but you would not waste time going over unknown roads or asking people especially if you don't know Kannada. My time estimate of this would be around 2 hrs from Mysore to NH4, assuming no breaks and a steady 90-100 kph based on my experience.
Old 11th June 2012, 01:03   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Just completed the Devanahalli-Whitefield-Attebelle bypass road.
<snip>
Thank you guys for informing about this alternative route to bypass Bangalore.
there is yet another alternative, a small deviation via Sarjapura. Instead of going to Attibele from Sarjapura (which is a speed breaker lover's delight ), get into Sarjapur town and drive through it. Then you get NH 207 again which takes you directly to NH7 at Hosur bus stand (take left there on NH7 to go towards Krishnagiri) and saves you time spent at Attibele Toll gate as well. I usually take this road while going to Chennai or Salem, as I live close to Whitefield and go this route often. I just hate the Attibele Sarjapur road because of the speed breakers but otherwise it is not a bad option. Sometimes on this stretch there is a lot of slow truck traffic but almost never on NH 207.
rpmx1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 10:23   #80
Senior - BHPian

@ rpmx1000

Good option of going into the Sarjapur town and NH 207 to Hosur.
How are the road conditions.
Sarjapur-Attibele plenty of speed breakers and are huge. Everytime I pass this stretch
I get hit atleast at one of these speedbreakers.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 10:37   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
@ rpmx1000

Good option of going into the Sarjapur town and NH 207 to Hosur.
How are the road conditions.
Sarjapur-Attibele plenty of speed breakers and are huge. Everytime I pass this stretch
I get hit atleast at one of these speedbreakers.
Going around Sarjapur town, you need to be very careful.
There is one gravel road which most buses and trucks take. Its wide, but its a 4x4 territory.
The other option is a very narrow option through the town. Traffic stalls many a times.

But once of the town, NH207 is mesmerizing. Immediately you are greeted by lush green fields all the way
to Baglur (about 11km). You end up at a T-Junction. Need to take a right to goto Hosur which is about 8km from here.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 10:51   #82
Senior - BHPian

As ampere mentioned, to venture into the narrow roads of Sarjapura you should be ready for anything, actually have never seen this road in driveable manner always found the road blocked by so many parked vehicles, buses, trucks and 2 worst ever turning radius. One more option could be like when you reach Gunjur, there is a left turn towards Chikka tirupati I suggest this to be better than taking the pain of driving inside Sarjapura. This route does not does not add any extra distance to people who come from Whitefield.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 15:14   #83
Senior - BHPian

Guys

I need directions to bypass Bangalore on my drive to Mysore coming Sunday (June 17th).

I did see 4 options on page 1, but not sure of the latest updates. I plan to leave Hyderabad around 730 to 8 am, which means I should be near Devanahalli by 3 pm.

Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 16:20   #84
Senior - BHPian

You can reach Nelamangala from Devanahalli and then take NICE road to connect to Mysore road. The best thing will be to avoid Bangalore totally on Sunday and think of Hyderabad-Kurnool-Guntakal-Bellary-Challakere-Hiriyur-Mysore, though distance wise it is slightly more the roads are good all the way and very less traffic in daytime.
Old 12th June 2012, 16:54   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
You can reach Nelamangala from Devanahalli and then take NICE road to connect to Mysore road. The best thing will be to avoid Bangalore totally on Sunday and think of Hyderabad-Kurnool-Guntakal-Bellary-Challakere-Hiriyur-Mysore, though distance wise it is slightly more the roads are good all the way and very less traffic in daytime.
I prefer sticking to NH7 so will take the Nelamangala route. So do I turn right at Devanahalli and proceed towards Dobbaspet and then towards Nelamangala, as indicated on page 1? Or is there some other route?

How is the one from Yelahanka and Jallahalli towards NICE road?
Old 12th June 2012, 17:10   #86
Senior - BHPian

There are 2 options to you like reaching Dobbespet from Devanahalli via Doddaballapur as in page 1, else second option is reaching Nelamangala from Devanahalli via Doddaballapur, this road is a State highway and is good with very less traffic.
Attached Thumbnails
On Bypassing Bangalore-capture.jpg  

Last edited by deehunk : 12th June 2012 at 17:13.
Old 12th June 2012, 18:52   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I prefer sticking to NH7 so will take the Nelamangala route. So do I turn right at Devanahalli and proceed towards Dobbaspet and then towards Nelamangala, as indicated on page 1? Or is there some other route?

How is the one from Yelahanka and Jallahalli towards NICE road?
Its still worth taking the Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Nelamangala optipon.
But do note that, Doddaballapur to Nelamanagala is not all that great.
Old 12th June 2012, 19:09   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Its still worth taking the Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Nelamangala optipon.
But do note that, Doddaballapur to Nelamanagala is not all that great.
Thanks, will do. Do you mean I can drive in 3rd gear at least on that bad stretch? How far is that bad stretch?

So once I take the right turn from Devanahalli, can I reach Kengeri in around 90 minutes of sedate driving?
Old 12th June 2012, 19:18   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks, will do. Do you mean I can drive in 3rd gear at least on that bad stretch? How far is that bad stretch?

So once I take the right turn from Devanahalli, can I reach Kengeri in around 90 minutes of sedate driving?
You should easily be able to do that.

Here is the latest on this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...details-9.html
Old 12th June 2012, 19:27   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
You should easily be able to do that.

Here is the latest on this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...details-9.html
Thanks. There seem to be two routes for crossing the railway tracks near Dodaballapur. While one runs parallel to the tracks, I am not sure where the other one (which is reportedly better) starts from. In short, where do I turn left from Dodaballapur towards Neelamangala?

Last edited by vnabhi : 12th June 2012 at 19:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks