Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2011, 17:13   #46
BHPian

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
This is not about bye-passing Bangalore.

I could not find any appropriate thread for my query so posting it here :

I am searching for a place (hotel / service apartment) near Brindavan (Sai Baba's ashram) in Whitefield area.

I need a clean A/C double room with a clean toilet in Rs. 1,000 - 1,500 per night range for the Independence Day weekend.

Thanks in advance!
You will find 2 good quality service apt near Sai Baba Ashram, one is Royal Orchid Suits, near Whitefield post office, and other one near Hope firm busstop, don't remember the name but its a good one.
Old 9th October 2011, 18:43   #47
BHPian

This is a query about route guidance to reach my destination within Bangalore city limits.

Not sure if this is the right thread to post but here I go.

I am planning to drive down to Bangalore from Hyderabad and should in all probability reach Nandi Hill T-Junction at Devanahalli around 2:00pm on a saturday.

After that, I am not sure with respect to traffic conditions and ease of driving as to whether I should turn left and go via Whitefield area or turn left at Hebbel and use Outer Ring Road or go straight through the city.

I need to reach Koramangala X-Road aka Sony World Junction on the Inner Ring Road where Croma and Oasis Centre Mall (housing Lifestyle and Spar) are located in Koramangala.

As I do not have much road sense of Bangalore city roads and my knowledge is restricted to having viewed google map so would appreciate detailed directions, preferably with the route marked out on google map or something like that.

Thanks in advance!
Old 9th October 2011, 19:30   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After that, I am not sure with respect to traffic conditions and ease of driving as to whether I should turn left and go via Whitefield area or turn left at Hebbel and use Outer Ring Road or go straight through the city.

I need to reach Koramangala X-Road aka Sony World Junction on the Inner Ring Road where Croma and Oasis Centre Mall (housing Lifestyle and Spar) are located in Koramangala.
Saturday 2PM should be quiet in the city, so I don't think you need to take any long detours. You can come down NH7 till the Hebbal interchange, get on the outer ring road, switch to Old Madras Road at the Krishnarajapuram interchange and then turn left into the inner ring road. This is how it looks:

NH 7 to 100 feet Rd - Google Maps

I don't think there is a right turn from ORR to OMR like Google says at Krishnarajapuram though. You need to go all the way till KR Puram railway station and take a U-turn under the flyover.

Otherwise it is fairly straightforward. I went the other way last Saturday (Domlur to Airport) at 2:30 PM in a Meru and it was quite OK.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2011, 20:07   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

@Hyd-Traveller, other option:

When you come on the NH, go past BIAL and keep going on that road without any turns till Raj Bhavan/Planetarium. You will cross:

1. Hebbal flyover
2. Mekhri Circle (underpass)
3. Palace grounds (on your left side)
4. Windsor Manor ( and just before that an over-pass & below the railway tracks)
5. Golf Course (on your right)
6. Planetarium (on your right) and a park on your left.

After this, you will reach what will look like a dead-end and traffic will turn left. Take left, and 1st right. You will be on Infantry Road.

Go upto the end of Infantry Road (dead-end)
Turn Right.
Turn 1st Left. You will be on Cubbon Road.
On Cubbon Road, keep to the right. Go upto the Signal, and turn right
You will now be on Brigade Road.

Continue on Brigade road. You will pass:
1. 1st signal - MG Road.
2. 3 more signals after which you have Tom's on the left and a mosque on the right
3. 2 more signals. On the left you will pass a Military / defence school & on the right a school & a cemetry
4. 2 more cemetries on the right
5. A storm water drain
6. Institute of Animal Husbandry on left, Bosch on right
7. Star Bazar & Forum mall on right
8. after Forum, take left at 2nd signal. There is a HP bunk on the left corner.
9. You will now have St John's Hospital on left side.
10. Go upto the signal & turn Left.
11. After the 3rd signal, you will reach Croma (on your left) and Spar (on your right)

Please expect Traffic on Saturdays. IMO, unlike what Binand said, traffic will be there
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2011, 21:30   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Saturday 2PM should be quiet in the city, so I don't think you need to take any long detours. You can come down NH7 till the Hebbal interchange, get on the outer ring road, switch to Old Madras Road at the Krishnarajapuram interchange and then turn left into the inner ring road. This is how it looks:

NH 7 to 100 feet Rd - Google Maps

I don't think there is a right turn from ORR to OMR like Google says at Krishnarajapuram though. You need to go all the way till KR Puram railway station and take a U-turn under the flyover.

Otherwise it is fairly straightforward. I went the other way last Saturday (Domlur to Airport) at 2:30 PM in a Meru and it was quite OK.
@hyd_traveller,

If you have absolutely no idea about Bangalore, at the cost 20 more kms, you can take a long detour. Come down to Whitefield, take Varthur road (SH35), Dommasandra and come straight to Koramangala.

National Highway 7 to 100 feet Rd - Google Maps
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 01:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller
,go through the city it is the easiest and shortest.saturday afternoon wouldnt pose much of a problem.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please refrain from quoting an entire original post as it inconveniences our mobile / handheld device users.

Last edited by n_aditya : 4th November 2011 at 18:06.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 07:08   #52
BHPian

Thanks Binand, Condor, Ampere & Ranjitp1 for the super fast responses and detailed guidance.
I have marked the route on Google Map. Please have a look at it and let me know if I have marked it correctly. Thanks!

Bangalore-Hyderabad Highway to 100 feet Rd - Google Maps

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.

Thanks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th October 2011 at 07:21.
Old 10th October 2011, 07:19   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

@Hyd Traveller: 99% correct. Just one extra section you have marked. See the map below, and also use the directions I have mentioned earlier in conjunction with this map:

On Bypassing Bangalore-stjohn.jpg
Old 10th October 2011, 07:21   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Binand, Condor, Ampere & Ranjitp1 for the super fast responses and detailed guidance.

I have marked the route on Google Map. Please have a look at it and let me know if I have marked it correctly. Thanks!
You can take that route also. Its one straight option.

That last turn can also be one signal before on to Sarjapur road.

Bangalore-Hyderabad Highway to 100 feet Rd - Google Maps
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 12:26   #55
Senior - BHPian

In addition,to the above,I would suggest this option:Bellary Rd to Sony World - Google Maps
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 14:07   #56
Senior - BHPian

If you spot any BIAL 7A Volvo bus coming from the Airport, just follow it and it will lead you to Koramangala Sony World junction.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 15:32   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

@RanjitP1, it's the same one I had put up. Only diff is on Infantry Rd / Cubbon Rd. Makes it a little simple to move from Infantry Rd to Brigade Rd.

@Rohan, good one ! couldnt be simpler
Old 14th December 2011, 17:41   #58
BHPian

Folks,

Can you please guide me on how to bypass Bangalore? I will be driving in a fortnight towards Coimbatore from Hyderabad. Beyond Banglaore I will take either Horur, Krishnagiri, Salem route or may drive through Thoppur, Mettur, Sathy.

I request you to guide me to bypass Bangalore. Please provide the exact turns and landmarks because I will be driving alone.

I did this route around 18 months back, but due to the ever-changing landscape of Bangalore city, I need help.

Thank you.
Old 14th December 2011, 17:53   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is a query about route guidance to reach my destination within Bangalore city limits.

Not sure if this is the right thread to post but here I go.

I am planning to drive down to Bangalore from Hyderabad and should in all probability reach Nandi Hill T-Junction at Devanahalli around 2:00pm on a saturday.

As I do not have much road sense of Bangalore city roads and my knowledge is restricted to having viewed google map so would appreciate detailed directions, preferably with the route marked out on google map or something like that.

Thanks in advance!
The fastest way would be via Whitefield and then following SH-35 all the way to the sarjapur road junction and then taking a right from there all the way to koramangla. You will face very little traffic and there are no signals other than Hope farm on the way.
Old 14th December 2011, 19:14   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Can you please guide me on how to bypass Bangalore? I will be driving in a fortnight towards Coimbatore from Hyderabad.
If you reach Bangalore at non-peak hours, just follow the Bangalore Outer Ring Road in the clockwise direction. Just keep an eye out for the major interchange that comes about 20 km after BIAL. Take the ramp that is marked Hosur/Salem etc. Then follow ORR (keeping in mind the ever-confusing Krishnarajapuram interchange with NH4) till you hit Silk Board junction. Take a left turn and you are on NH7.

Here is a Google Maps link: http://g.co/maps/z23qx

Last edited by binand : 14th December 2011 at 19:18.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks