Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2012, 14:52   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

One of my friend is driving from Madurai to Hyderabad with family tomorrow, he would like to know the best and easy to identify route to bypass Bangalore. I could see multiple routes discussed here but not sure which one is easy to identify. He has never traveled through Bangalore.

1) The route that I had in mind was reach Silkboard take the Ring Road to Hebal and join the Airport-Hyderabad road. Issue here is, he might be reaching Silkboard during peak traffic hours 9:00 AM(Starting Madurai @3:00AM).

2) Another one is the bus route which is Krishnagiri-Kuppam-Kolar-Sidlaghatta-Chikballapur and then the NH to Hyderabad(But not sure about the road condition)

There are several other routes discussed here but I couldn't conclude on which ones would be easy to identify. Please suggest.

Last edited by arun_josie : 9th August 2012 at 14:59.
Old 9th August 2012, 15:50   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
One of my friend is driving from Madurai to Hyderabad with family tomorrow, he would like to know the best and easy to identify route to bypass Bangalore. I could see multiple routes discussed here but not sure which one is easy to identify. He has never traveled through Bangalore.
Check the first post, where I have pointed to a post by HVK.
Attibele-Sarjapur-Dommasandra-Varthur-Whitefield - OMR - Devanahalli

Hosur Road to Hyderabad Road
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2012, 17:12   #108
Senior - BHPian

This road is good all throughout and it usually takes about 1.15mins-1.30mins nonstop.
In case of doubt on the road ask for directions as mentioned by ampere.
Once you cross Whitefeild and reach the Hoskote road the sign boards appear towards
BIAL airport.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 18:52   #109
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Your friend can take this route:
Adding to what @ampere has mentioned:
1. After paying the toll at Attibele don't get on to the flyover instead make a right turn below the flyover (there is a signal). This is the Sarjapura Road
2. Proceed straight till Sarjapura Police Station where you should turn left
3. At the next junction there is a BP petrol bunk on left, here make a right turn (Big tree is there on right)
4. Go past a series of big schools like Greenwood High, Indus International, TISB, etc. and the Varthur Police Station.
5. Now the road goes over the Varthur lake and joins Old Airport Road, bear right here since going left will get you back inside Bangalore city via Marathahalli
6. Keep going straight and reach Hope Farm junction. Proceed straight here, then go on the flyover (Sai Baba Ashram on right side below flyover)
7. You then reach NH4 (Old Madras Road) which is a major junction
8. Turn left turn and stay on the service road. After about 1-2 Km go below the flyover (Budigere cross). This should be marked for BIAL.
9. Proceed straight following the BIAL directions to reach Devanahalli where you need to turn right and proceed on NH7 towards Hyderabad.

For Budigere - Devanahalli, you can also refer Post #104 in this thread.
Hope this helps.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 19:24   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Your friend can take this route:
Adding to what @ampere has mentioned:
1. After paying the toll at Attibele don't get on to the flyover instead make a right turn below the flyover (there is a signal). This is the Sarjapura Road
2. Proceed straight till Sarjapura Police Station where you should turn left
3. At the next junction there is a BP petrol bunk on left, here make a right turn (Big tree is there on right)
4. Go past a series of big schools like Greenwood High, Indus International, TISB, etc. and the Varthur Police Station.
5. Now the road goes over the Varthur lake and joins Old Airport Road, bear right here since going left will get you back inside Bangalore city via Marathahalli
6. Keep going straight and reach Hope Farm junction. Proceed straight here, then go on the flyover (Sai Baba Ashram on right side below flyover)
7. You then reach NH4 (Old Madras Road) which is a major junction
8. Turn left turn and stay on the service road. After about 1-2 Km go below the flyover (Budigere cross). This should be marked for BIAL.
9. Proceed straight following the BIAL directions to reach Devanahalli where you need to turn right and proceed on NH7 towards Hyderabad.

For Budigere - Devanahalli, you can also refer Post #104 in this thread.
Hope this helps.
I guess taking the NICE Road - Outer Ring Road to Hebbal would be an easier option. Dont you think so? Probably more distance to cover but should take the same amount of time or maybe even less.
Old 10th August 2012, 19:40   #111
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer09 View Post
I guess taking the NICE Road - Outer Ring Road to Hebbal would be an easier option. Dont you think so? Probably more distance to cover but should take the same amount of time or maybe even less.
When reaching Bangalore via Hosur Road, if you take NICE Road, you can go to Bannerghatta Road, Kanakapura Road, Mysore Road and Tumkur Road.
Since the destination is Hyderabad none of these are good options.
Old 10th August 2012, 21:09   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer09

Outer ring road traffic will be high during morning hours though things improved after few flyovers opened. Route via Sarjapur should be still faster.
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 23:25   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer09 View Post
As others mentioned, ORR is not worth it to take it to Hebbal. You still have to face traffic.
Sarjapur is the best option.

The other option as Gajadonga had put is :
Shoolagiri-Berikai-Malur-Hosekote-Devanahalli.

I would still recommend the Attibelle-Sarjapur-Whitefield option.
Old 20th August 2012, 18:51   #114
Senior - BHPian

Wanted to take Dobbaspete-Doddabalapur-Devanahalli-Mandur-Budigere-Hoskote and unintentionally took the Dobbaspete-Doddabalapur-Devanahalli-Vijayapura-Kolar road. Devanahalli-Vijayapura-Kolar was in good condition, though narrow. There are mild to moderate bike traffic this way and there are no lane markings either. Its good if you do it in day, may not be advisable after dark.

There is a bridge about 2 km before Kolar coming from Vijayapura, be a little careful with that. My car literally flew over it at 70 kmph.
Old 5th June 2013, 14:12   #115
Senior - BHPian

This time tried Sarjapur-Bagalur-Hosur.

Reasons to take this road

To avoid Attibele toll and the que to cross the tollbooth.
The Hosur checkpost has a flyover work and traffic getting stranded is common.

Sarjapur town has narrow roads but crossing in the night time was not a problem.

Sarjapur-Bagalur Good roads well marked minimal traffic.

Bagalur-Hosur Good roads but lot of truck traffic.

At Hosur town this road reaches opposite to the Hosur bus stand beneath the flyover.
Old 5th June 2013, 14:20   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
This time tried Sarjapur-Bagalur-Hosur.
The NH207 section is extremely good. At Bagalur they had a small rough section once you turn right at the T-junction; which was getting relaid. I think it should have been done by now. If you are entering NH207 from Sarjapur, then crossing Sarjapur is a pain. Also as you approach Hosur, traffic increases steadily. But still I think this can be a good alternative to Varthur road.

May be once you should now try the NH207 all out end to end.
Devanahalli-Hoskote-Sarjapur-Bagalur-Hosur.

I think its good all the way. But, it would be good to have a confirmation on Devanahalli-Hosekote section.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 13:42   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Planning a quick trip to Coorg later this month. Can someone please share directions of bypassing Bangalore and shortest and best route to reach Madikeri?

What would be the approximate distance and time taken to reach Madikeri from Bangalore Airport?
Old 10th June 2013, 13:56   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
What would be the approximate distance and time taken to reach Madikeri from Bangalore Airport?
Approximately what time will you be reaching Bangalore Airport (Devanahalli), if it is non peak hours I guess it will be easier for you to get to NICE road and cross Bangalore.
Old 10th June 2013, 14:01   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Approximately what time will you be reaching Bangalore Airport (Devanahalli), if it is non peak hours I guess it will be easier for you to get to NICE road and cross Bangalore.
Plan to leave home at 5:00am so will be crossing Bangalore Airport around 11:00am which i guess is not really non-peak hours

So is there other options to by-pass Bangalore to get on to the Coorg road apart from the NICE road?
Old 10th June 2013, 14:45   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Since you have to go towards Madikeri which is on opposite side of Bangalore at that time I guess NICE road may be the best option. However the issue is NICE road just makes a semi-circular loop of Bangalore (and not a full circle) as you may be aware.
So while coming from Hyderabad side you will have to either go towards Tumkur road (Peenya side) http://goo.gl/maps/5RVIn or you will have to reach Hosur road entry (http://goo.gl/maps/9Sq2H) . Do make sure to follow speed limit (80 KMPH on NH -7 and 60 KMPH on other Bangalore city roads). NH 7 just before and after Bangalore airport is a favorite hunting ground for speed radar's.

You can go through Outer ring road to reach both the entry. You will have to come towards Hebbal junction on NH 7 and take left or right based on your preference. Left will take you towards Hosur road entry. Hosur road entry since you will have only one bottle neck at that time (KR Puram junction). It may take around 1:30 - 2 hours the worst from Devanahalli airport junction till Hosur road NICE road entry.

Other option is to reach Tumkur road NICE road junction, by taking right at Hebbal junction. This is the nearer to Hebbal also (http://goo.gl/maps/LgxUX), however there are chances of getting stuck near Jalahalli at railway crossing is there. It may take you around 90 min to get to NICE road entry from Airport junction.

The thrid option is to take NH 209. However I feel it is not useful to you since your travel is towards Mysore and not towards Hosur side.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks