Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2013, 17:52   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Ampere and Arindam, Awesome. you guys rock.

Will make a route plan and post it here next week so you can confirm if my understanding is correct as this will be the first time iam going to drive in that neck of the woods.

Last edited by mobike008 : 15th June 2013 at 12:09. Reason: Adding the compilation in same post instead of a B2B post
Old 15th June 2013, 12:11   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry for the back to back posts

Compiled the route suggested below. Please suggest, if its accurate?

Hyderabad to Coorg (Madikeri)

Hyderabad to Devenhalli (NH7)-Dospette (Dodballapur) -Neelamangala - Channarayapatna - Hole Narsipur - Arakalgud - Sowarpet - Madikeri.

Neelamangala - Channarayapatna are 4 lane

Devanahalli to Nelamangala should be 1 hour. 120 km between Nelamangala and Channarayapatna you should be in 1.5 hours. Last 125 kms, with an average of 50 km/hr be covered in another 2.5 hours

6 Hours till Devenhalli + 5-6 Hours till Madikeri + 1 Hour to HoneyValley = 13 hours of driving. Whew !!!

Coorg(Madikeri) to Hyderabad
Virajpet - Siddapur - Kushalnagar - Hunsur – Mysore

Where does the Elephant Camp come on the above route?

Can someone please suggest the best route from Mysore to NH7 highway without having to touch Bangalore city?

Place to visit in and around Coorg. Please add if i missed something below
1. Abbe Falls
2. Raja Seat
3. Tala cauvery
4. Kaveri Nisarga dhama.
5. Bylukuppe
6. Dubare Elephant Camp
Old 15th June 2013, 15:15   #138
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Hyderabad to Devenhalli (NH7)-Dospette (Dodballapur) -Neelamangala - Channarayapatna - Hole Narsipur - Arakalgud - Sowarpet - Madikeri.

Neelamangala - Channarayapatna are 4 lane

Devanahalli to Nelamangala should be 1 hour. 120 km between Nelamangala and Channarayapatna you should be in 1.5 hours. Last 125 kms, with an average of 50 km/hr be covered in another 2.5 hours

Thats perfect Avi. See this post on the road conditions beyond Holenarasipur. This is what made me say the Holenarasipur option is good.
You have CCDs on this road as well. However you get only one option (CCD at Belur cross). The rest (including Kamat) are beyond Channarayapatna on the 4-lane where you need to an exit .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3051824

Quote:
Where does the Elephant Camp come on the above route?
Its on the way between Siddapur to Kushalnagar.

Quote:
Can someone please suggest the best route from Mysore to NH7 highway without having to touch Bangalore city?
Mysore road - NICE - NH4, Take left for Nelamangala - Doddaballapur-Devanahalli.

Route Link

Last edited by ampere : 15th June 2013 at 15:20.
Old 15th June 2013, 15:42   #139
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
You have CCDs on this road as well. However you get only one option (CCD at Belur cross). The rest (including Kamat) are beyond Channarayapatna on the 4-lane where you need to an exit .
Some options before Channarayapatna (when going from Nelamangala on the stretch between Nelamangala and Bellur cross) for food/snack break are:
1.Swathi Delicacy on RHS when going from Nelamangala, about 1-2Km before Yediyur turn off
2.Mayura on LHS when going from Nelamangala at Bellur Cross

Last edited by NPV : 15th June 2013 at 15:44.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2013, 13:08   #140
BHPian

Quote:

Not Dobbaspete that's further down on Tumkur Road. From Devanahalli you need to go to Dodballapur, and then to Nelamangala.

Quote:
Place to visit in and around Coorg. Please add if i missed something below
1. Abbe Falls
2. Raja Seat
3. Tala cauvery
4. Kaveri Nisarga dhama.
5. Bylukuppe
6. Dubare Elephant Camp
You may want to visit Baghamandala, on the way to Tala Cauvery. There is a temple and small river (IIRC cauvery in its initial stages) by the side.

Rest ampere has already answered.
arindamray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2013, 15:37   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
Not Dobbaspete that's further down on Tumkur Road. From Devanahalli you need to go to Dodballapur, and then to Nelamangala.
Thanks Arindam. You caught that one ! Avi at Doddaballapur, the good road NH207 heads to Dobbaspette on NH4. You DONT take that one. But take the SH74 to Nelamanagala.
Old 29th June 2013, 19:47   #142
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Update

Last weekend drove 1800kms ; Hyderabad-Coorg-Bangalore-Hyderabad

Hyderabad to Coorg ( 925kms)

This is the second longest drive in the Cruze in a single day and it was indeed tiring as did 550kms in 5 hours and remaining in about 9 hours including 2-3 breaks

Last 100kms of the drive was pure bliss and drove in torrential rains through hilly terrain and losing our way in coorg mountains in pitch dark ghats in heavy rains, zero visiblity etc. It was an adventure to remember
Great to note you completed the drive. Hope you had no trouble bypassing Bangalore. (Or did we confuse you enough ? )

Quote:
Coorg to Bangalore
We were misguided by the resort where we stayed to take a short cut and one particular stretch of 100kms took us nearly 3 hours as the roads were so bad, it was not even meant for Jeeps and drove through lonely national forest park roads with elephant crossing boards all over the place
What happened here? Did you take the Mysore road on the way back? Also did you stay in Bangalore over night?
Old 29th June 2013, 19:55   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Great to note you completed the drive. Hope you had no trouble bypassing Bangalore. (Or did we confuse you enough ? )
Thanks Ampere for the overall inputs on routes, was very helpful

As mentioned in my ownership thread, did approx 550kms till Devenhalli in 5 hours from my home and was promptly caught and challened Rs.300 by the Bangalore cops as i was doing some crazy speed in a 80kmph zone

Took the right towards Dobbaspette and got terribly confused as after railway track took a left turn and went into the city and noone speaks hindi and it was messy to get out after lot of asking around ( finally my beta GPS Tom Tom Device was showing more accurate route than the wrong guidance of many locals)

We reached Madikeri around 6pm and from there 35kms to Honey Valley took 2 hours as we lost our way and went into small hilly routes in heavy rain etc

2 nights we were there was torrential rains so we cut our trip short by a day and spent one night and day in bangalore before heading home

Resort guy asked us to go via Virajpet, Gonikoppal via. Rajiv Gandhi National Park ( Horrible Roads) finally touching Honsur and Kushalnagar to reach Bangalore

If you ask me, it was an adventurous drive but, very stressful because of speedbreakers, heavy traffic in entire Bangalore-Mysore route and doing Hyderabad to Coorg in a day is a bit of a stretch

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th June 2013 at 19:56.
Old 10th July 2013, 10:01   #144
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
This time tried Sarjapur-Bagalur-Hosur.
Now I have all the reason to believe that NH207 is the best Bangalore bypass from Hyderabad to Hosur. Went around this route for a general country for the weekend and was pleasantly surprised. The Nh207 is an absolute beauty to drive. Only negative point is you need to cross Hoskote. It may be at best a 5-10 minute aberration. But that apart, it is a sheer pleasure with a green countryside and a good tarmac. You wont even realize that in this endeavor you bypassed Bangalore ! I would suggest this over the Varthur/Sarjapur/Attibele option.

And the best part :

Devanhalli-Hosur via the city is about 80-85km. And the route via NH207 amounts to the same distance. To summarize :

NH7 to NH7 (Devanhalli to Hosur bypassing Bangalore ):

Devanhalli-Hoskote-Sarjapur-Bagalur-Hosur.

Route Link

Last edited by ampere : 10th July 2013 at 10:04.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 11:04   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now I have all the reason to believe that NH207 is the best Bangalore bypass from Hyderabad to Hosur. I would suggest this over the Varthur/Sarjapur/Attibele option.
How is the condition of Sarjapur - Police station to Hosur? In order to take this route, should we proceed straight instead of taking the right turn towards attibele while coming from Varthur? Is it a worthy alternative to avoid the notorious Attibele toll?
Old 10th July 2013, 11:16   #146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
How is the condition of Sarjapur - Police station to Hosur? In order to take this route, should we proceed straight instead of taking the right turn towards attibele while coming from Varthur? Is it a worthy alternative to avoid the notorious Attibele toll?
It definitely saves you the toll booth time. The impediment is you have to cross Sarjapur town. That is some times not easy. The so called bypass is only a horrible mud path. And going through the town, is some times good and sometimes you get stuck.

But to answer your question, if you think you are starting late from home and would be anticipating traffic at the toll booth and also till Hosur, then for sure, its a worthy alternative. (The negatives I have already mentioned).

What I would suggest is on a weekend take to drive to Chikka Tirupathi temple (which is towards Hoskote side side of Sarjapur on NH207). You get to see the temple and also will have an idea of how to cross the town. In this way, you also get an idea. You can also drive via Bagalur-Hosur. Its a soothing drive and also makes a perfect weekend morning.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 11:35   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Devanhalli-Hoskote-Sarjapur-Bagalur-Hosur.

Route Link
If I remove point F in your map, the inward "dent" disappears, the distance shortens by about 10km and Sarjapur town is totally avoided. The route goes eastwards from Chikka Tirupathi for about 3km to join the Malur-Hosur Road. Why is this not the preferred route?
Old 10th July 2013, 12:13   #148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
If I remove point F in your map, the inward "dent" disappears, the distance shortens by about 10km and Sarjapur town is totally avoided. The route goes eastwards from Chikka Tirupathi for about 3km to join the Malur-Hosur Road. Why is this not the preferred route?
I think thats because its totally interior road and may be very narrow. Also I dont know the condition and how it changes with time. We will need to try it. Also NH207 does not go inside Sarjapur. It totally bypasses it. You will never need to slow down on NH207 at Sarjapur.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 23:09   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now I have all the reason to believe that NH207 is the best Bangalore bypass from Hyderabad to Hosur. Only negative point is you need to cross Hoskote. ! I would suggest this over the Varthur/Sarjapur/Attibele option.

N]
Thanks ampere. If Hoskote is the only bottleneck then is it better that from
Devanahalli after crossing Budigere- Kadugodi flyover-Hope Farm circle take the
left turn to join NH 207.This will avoid Gunjur and Sarjapur town .
Old 11th July 2013, 00:27   #150
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Thanks ampere. If Hoskote is the only bottleneck then is it better that from
Devanahalli after crossing Budigere- Kadugodi flyover-Hope Farm circle take the
left turn to join NH 207.This will avoid Gunjur and Sarjapur town .
I think its easier to cross Hoskote than take the BIAL road and go via Hope farm. Its not that difficult. It takes about 10 minutes to cross the town at max.

Route Link

Most Viewed