Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2015, 11:01   #271
Team-BHP Support

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landkruzer View Post
The other option to consider is Hoskote-Chikkatirupati -Bagalur-Hosur. Good roads all the way. From Chikkatirupati, turn left towards Malur and join the Hosur-Malur road.
This option is good. But the only problem is there are too many twists and turns on the NH207 in this section. And one can lose his way, if he is not aware. Hence the reason to go to Malur, which is much more straighter in routing texture.
Old 16th June 2015, 11:55   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post
BWSSB has successfully managed to dig up every road here and there are huge traffic jams on most days from whitefield to varthur even at non-peak hours.
Hahah tell me about it. 2 days in a week I have to drive through gunjur road to outer ring road techpark. I am hoping the roads will become better soon.

Nothing can be done about the bottle necks at Gunjur railway under bridge and next junction that merge from karmalram road..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landkruzer View Post
I took the option 1 a few months back on one of the long weekends to avoid Attibele-Hosur stretch. Except for a 5 km stretch from Masti to KA-TN border, the roads were good. The Malur-Masti and Berigai-Shoolagiri roads were excellent, especially the Berigai-Shoolagiri stretch was fun to drive. It took me 1.30 mins to cover the Hoskote-Shoolagiri part.
Wow. I am thinking of trying this route now. The duration you took to reach shoolagiri looks good to me. I am going kerala(615KM) so any time saved is totally worth taking a chance.

I shall post my feedback next week here

Ps: Apologies for the back to back post. Moderator, kindly merge the last two post into one.

Last edited by ampere : 16th June 2015 at 12:03. Reason: Back to back post merged
Old 24th June 2015, 20:23   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Update on Sarjapur bye-pass

Took Hosur - Sarjapur - Bellandur route last Sunday, the bye-pass road of Sarjapur (pic in my earlier post above) is drive-able. It is yet to be surfaced, however they have leveled the road and you can drive through the same.
Hope they surface it before rains.
I took this bye-pass last Tuesday(23rd June) and the surface was neatly tarred and it was a very smooth drive over it.
It looked like the road was laid out just a few days back. Hope it survives the monsoon unlike roads in Bangalore!

Last edited by SR71-Blackbird : 24th June 2015 at 20:25.
SR71-Blackbird is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 14:46   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post
I took this bye-pass last Tuesday(23rd June) and the surface was neatly tarred and it was a very smooth drive over it.
It looked like the road was laid out just a few days back. Hope it survives the monsoon unlike roads in Bangalore!
Can you please provide a G-maps link to this bypass you took. In the past, I have had some bad experiences in the narrow alleys of Sarjapur.
Old 1st July 2015, 14:52   #275
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Can you please provide a G-maps link to this bypass you took. In the past, I have had some bad experiences in the narrow alleys of Sarjapur.
Here you go:

Sarjapur Bypass
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:13   #276
BHPian

Hi all, Im travelling from Kunigal to Anantapur this sunday. So as per google maps, Kunigal to Nelamangala NH48 - four lane expressway
Nelamangala to Dabbaspete NH4 - four lane expressway

Want to know the road conditions from Dabbaspete to Doddaballapur. Or is there any other alternative ???

Thanks,
Aniketh
Old 2nd July 2015, 16:18   #277
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Want to know the road conditions from Dabbaspete to Doddaballapur. Or is there any other alternative ???
No, you dont need to go to Dobbaspet from Nelamangala. There is a SH which will take you to Doddaballapur straight from Nelamangala.

How to get on to this SH?

Once you hit NH4 from NH48, go below NH4 four lane and keep going. That same road is the Doddaballapur SH. Its rough at places, but OK. In other words, its worth taking it compared to going all the way to Dobbaspet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
Dabbaspete to Doddaballapur is a 2 lane road in excellent condition. You can easily maintain speeds around 80 Kmph with typical traffic on rural roads. You could also continue on the same road to Devanahalli and thereafter connect to the excellent BLR-HYD highway.
The point in contention is: Is it worth driving back to Dobbaspet from Nelamangala or drive straight to Doddaballapur via the SH? Also is there any 4-lane work on going on the 207?

Last edited by ampere : 2nd July 2015 at 16:55.
Old 2nd July 2015, 16:27   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Hi all, Im travelling from Kunigal to Anantapur this sunday. So as per google maps, Kunigal to Nelamangala NH48 - four lane expressway
Nelamangala to Dabbaspete NH4 - four lane expressway

Thanks,
Aniketh
Dabbaspete to Doddaballapur is a 2 lane road in excellent condition. You can easily maintain speeds around 80 Kmph with typical traffic on rural roads. You could also continue on the same road to Devanahalli and thereafter connect to the excellent BLR-HYD highway.
adnaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 20:57   #279
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
No, you dont need to go to Dobbaspet from Nelamangala. There is a SH which will take you to Doddaballapur straight from Nelamangala.
As per gmaps, Kunigal-Nelamangala-Dobbaspet is about 60 odd Km but it shows another route (partly SH 94) that goes via Kudur and Shivaganga directly to Dobbaspet and this route is 38 Km Any idea how this route is ?
Map Link

Last edited by NPV : 2nd July 2015 at 20:59.
Old 2nd July 2015, 21:13   #280
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
As per gmaps, Kunigal-Nelamangala-Dobbaspet is about 60 odd Km but it shows another route (partly SH 94) that goes via Kudur and Shivaganga directly to Dobbaspet and this route is 38 Km Any idea how this route is ?
Done and dusted by @Night_hawk

More details here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3701571

(And some posts prior to the posted reference)

EDIT: Not the exact route that you mentioned but a variation. I am told the route via Kudur is quite bad.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd July 2015 at 22:40.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 22:48   #281
BHPian

Quote:

How to get on to this SH?

Once you hit NH4 from NH48, go below NH4 four lane and keep going. That same road is the Doddaballapur SH. Its rough at places, but OK. In other words, its worth taking it compared to going all the way to Dobbaspet.

The point in contention is: Is it worth driving back to Dobbaspet from Nelamangala or drive straight to Doddaballapur via the SH? Also is there any 4-lane work on going on the 207?

Thank you so much for the suggestions NPV, Ampere and Adnaps.

So I should just go underneath the NH4 at the mangalore cross while coming from the Kunigal side and head straight into nelamangala town to continue towards doddaballapur and devanahalli ??

Hope the roads are good enough for a Fluidic Verna to traverse on.

Also I don't think NH 207 is 4-laned anywhere nor do I remember any work being done there when I did Chintamani to Doddaballapur 2 months ago. Scenario could be different now.
Old 6th July 2015, 22:03   #282
Senior - BHPian

Drove to Banglore yesterday. Had a function near to Cisco in Bellandur.
Took the Devanahalli - Budigere- Whitefield-Varthur- Bellandur.

Varthur- Bellandur single road with an underbridge railway crossing.
A lorry got stuck beneath the railway bridge.
Could negotiate luckily without getting stuck in the jam
Old 13th August 2015, 10:32   #283
Team-BHP Support

Any updates on the 4-lane work on NH207 between Dobbaspet-Devanahalli-Hoskote? It would be good to know. Last update I see was in Jan. Any progress here? The proposed completion date is in 2016. Does it look anywhere close?
Old 13th August 2015, 11:11   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any updates on the 4-lane work on NH207 between Dobbaspet-Devanahalli-Hoskote? It would be good to know. Last update I see was in Jan. Any progress here? The proposed completion date is in 2016. Does it look anywhere close?
I took Dabaspet Doddaballapura when I drove from Rajkot to Bangalore in May. The roads were good but in terms of 4 Lane work, I couldn't notice much.

In fact, you get less hints that 4 lane work is in progress except only very small sections where they have dug up to make way for a parallel carriageway.

Looking at the progress, I expect this to take at least 2 more years.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 16:07   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
My reccomendation would be to take the Hosur-Malur-Hosakote-Devanahalli route.Roads are all good.

https://goo.gl/maps/1d7zC
is this route all okay ?

Going on the drive tomorrow hyderabad to coimbatore and just checking up if it is all okay

Most Viewed